By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What would make Xbox LIVE's $60 fee an unquestionable value?

o_O.Q said:
Mr Puggsly said:
o_O.Q said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I didn't say servers on PS3 are empty, I said the PS3 exclusives have bad online play. This causes a lot of people look elsewhere for superior online games.

that sounds like you're taking your own personal opinion and fitting everyone else into your own particular view of things

i've played uncharted 3 online just about everytime i've turned on my ps3 recently and i enjoy it immensely

Yeah, maybe its just my opinion.

Uncharted multiplayer is so damn popular they didn't even bother putting it in the Vita release.

i'd think it more likely that that had more to do with resources and technical issues than popularity

So they were able to put togehter a campaign but multiplayer was too difficult?

Sounds like an excuse.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NobleTeam360 said:
That would be cool if they gave you access to Netflix or hulu plus with your gold subscription.

Thats what they are doing. You have no access to that without it and your Youtube either.

I meant as in you got to watch videos.

Adinnieken said:

Finally, to those of you who have PSN accounts, unless you've had an Xbox LIVE Gold account and used it to play on Xbox LIVE, while your opinion is appreciated, it is irrelevant. This isn't a thread about why you selected PSN.

Surely the fact that a user has selected an alternative service (whether it be PSN, Steam or something else) instead of paying for an Xbox Live subscription (or even the whole console) makes their opinion more relevant. For Live to keep growing for Microsoft, they're going to need to get these potential customers on board.

Users that have already paid for Live have seen value in the service somewhere down the line. Likelyhood is, a few extra discounts here or there or an extra feature would be enough to entice those users back.

Shouldn't the question be directed more to people who have yet to use Live because they currently don't see value in it? These are the potential customers Microsoft will be fighting for next gen.

sales2099 said:
Include "Xbox Plus" and give away 1 retail or XBLA game per month. That'll shut up the naysayers.

1 game!?!?! lol that wont impress much considering peoples tastes in games, thats why sony has 12 games theres something for everyone.

Subscription to (1) premium service (Netflix, Hulu, etc) Yes please!

Around the Network

People just need to be in a position where they don't have to decide between a game or Xbox Live, I.E. stop being broke.

Tease.

Fifaguy360 said:

So you have to pay for live and then your netflix sub aswell?

http://n4g.com/news/1136702/xbox-live-is-old-news

think-man said:
Fifaguy360 said:

I dont have netflix. For us Canadians the selection is pretty bad, but if they give the US netflix free for subscribing to xbox live, then that's an amazing deal.

People are paying for it now so I guess it's already worth it.

think-man said:
Fifaguy360 said:

N4G. lol.. ok then. 

Yay!!!