By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Pacman(the boxer not the game) got stopped we need to talk about it!!!!

Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
Adinnieken said:
Where is your God now Pacquiao? If only the rumors about Marquez were true, than one could extrapolate a headline "Homosexuality beats Bible". But no, this Marquez has to be the straight one.

Ironically, a lot of people specifically attribute Pacquiao's downfall due to his "conversion" into full blown Protestant... having previously been somewhat of a lapsed Catholic.

Pacquiao just doesn't like hurting people anymore.     Where old Pacman would go for the kill.  Current Pacman tries to drag things out to decision confident he's won in scoring. (which is what led to his last loss before this... which itself was controversial.)

His win against Marquez in the third fight was also contraversial but people seem to be only focusing on the Bradley robbery. If you ask me he clearly lost against Marquez in the third fight and won against Bradley.

My point wasn't that the outcome was controversial, so much as if Pacqiao were his usual nonreligious self, there wouldn't of been a decision... as he noticeably let up after he thought he'd scored the victory overwhelmingly on points.

As for the two robberies, at least Pacqiao outlaned Marquez in total punches.

Total punches thrown or landed?

Both.

I dont remember that in the third fight. From what i have seen Marquez beat him because of superior footwork. He knew where to place his feet and exactly when to step to the left to keep manny off balance. Manny missed most of his shots that night from what i remember. He even knew he lost as he went to his corner and prayed.....he didnt for the Bradley fight though.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
Adinnieken said:
Where is your God now Pacquiao? If only the rumors about Marquez were true, than one could extrapolate a headline "Homosexuality beats Bible". But no, this Marquez has to be the straight one.

Ironically, a lot of people specifically attribute Pacquiao's downfall due to his "conversion" into full blown Protestant... having previously been somewhat of a lapsed Catholic.

Pacquiao just doesn't like hurting people anymore.     Where old Pacman would go for the kill.  Current Pacman tries to drag things out to decision confident he's won in scoring. (which is what led to his last loss before this... which itself was controversial.)

His win against Marquez in the third fight was also contraversial but people seem to be only focusing on the Bradley robbery. If you ask me he clearly lost against Marquez in the third fight and won against Bradley.

My point wasn't that the outcome was controversial, so much as if Pacqiao were his usual nonreligious self, there wouldn't of been a decision... as he noticeably let up after he thought he'd scored the victory overwhelmingly on points.

Number of punches landed is just half of the picture, it's more important who did more damage. Pacquiao connected more punches in the third fight, but Marquez the harder punches and that's why almost all people consider it was a robbery. In the first two fights Marquez outlanded Pacquiao, does that mean he deserved to win those fights? (Although I think he did, but not because of that but because he looked better imo)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soma said:
Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
Adinnieken said:

Number of punches landed is just half of the picture, it's more important who did more damage. Pacquiao connected more punches in the third fight, but Marquez the harder punches and that's why almost all people consider it was a robbery. In the first two fights Marquez outlanded Pacquiao, does that mean he deserved to win those fights? (Although I think he did, but not because of that but because he looked better imo)

I didn't say that's why he should of won the fight.

I'm saying why that was less of a robbery then Bradly.

Pac vs Marquez, you could find an arguement for Pac.

The bradly fight though... that one just defies explination.

Soma said:
Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
Adinnieken said:

My god you guys are crazy lol The third fight was a clear robbery. If you dont consider it a robbery then Bardley won his fight. Be real and be fair Pacquiao was not connecting most of his shots in the third fight he was getting countered and isolated with footwork all night. As a matter of fact Marquez did a lot better than when they fought and had a draw so how the hell did he lose? It was clearly a robbery just as much as the Bradley win.

keroncoward said:
Soma said:

My god you guys are crazy lol The third fight was a clear robbery. If you dont consider it a robbery then Bardley won his fight. Be real and be fair Pacquiao was not connecting most of his shots in the third fight he was getting countered and isolated with footwork all night. As a matter of fact Marquez did a lot better than when they fought and had a draw so how the hell did he lose? It was clearly a robbery just as much as the Bradley win.

LOL! this guy again and his full of shit analysis.. HAHAHA .. lol

I take back what I said about shuting up... dont stop posting in this thread here.. and continue to enlighten us with your superior boxing knowledge pro! =D

Around the Network
BluGamer23 said:
keroncoward said:
Soma said:

I take back what I said about shuting up... dont stop posting in this thread here.. and continue to enlighten us with your superior boxing knowledge pro! =D

Stay butthurt forever. You have feelings for Pacquiao?

keroncoward said:
BluGamer23 said:

Stay butthurt forever. You have feelings for Pacquiao?

lol nah I used to be a fan.. too many disappointments coming from him.. from boxing to religion... etc... so I dont really care .. but I can still see the straight out bias in your pro-analysis .. lol .. anyway I think pacman is done.. and should retire before he kills himself in the ring.

Kasz216 said:
Soma said:
Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
Adinnieken said:

I didn't say that's why he should of won the fight.

I'm saying why that was less of a robbery then Bradly.

Pac vs Marquez, you could find an arguement for Pac.

The bradly fight though... that one just defies explination.

Ok then, I agree with that

keroncoward said:
Soma said:
Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
Adinnieken said:

It was a robbery, yes, but not as big as the one from Bradley, in that fight Pacquiao won at least 10 rounds. Against Marquez it was a closer fight although Marquez deserved to win, but the difference was just of 3-4 points at most.

Soma said:
keroncoward said:
Soma said:
Kasz216 said:
keroncoward said:
Kasz216 said:
Adinnieken said:

It was a robbery, yes, but not as big as the one from Bradley, in that fight Pacquiao won at least 10 rounds. Against Marquez it was a closer fight although Marquez deserved to win, but the difference was just of 3-4 points at most.

I understand what he is saying now and yes i agree Bradley's loss was more clear compared to Martquez loss.