By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Pacman(the boxer not the game) got stopped we need to talk about it!!!!

DieAppleDie said:
So you guys are going to kill Paquiao just like what people did with Fedor?
Paquiao is one of the greatest boxers in the world, fighting is not the best always wins and the loser is useless

I didn't say that at all.  No one can go toe-to-toe with him from an offensive stand-point and not expect to get their card punched.  The guy's power is unquestionable.  However, boxing is like rock-paper-scissors, kind of.  Pacquiao is going to beat most types of fighters all day long but we know that he struggles with counter-punchers.  Someone who throws a lot of punches and is constantly moving forward leaves a lot of openings.  He was never the unbeatable phenom that the hype-train had built, though that doesn't diminish his accomplishments.  He's certainly one of the best boxers in the world but the truth is that he was third or forth on a lot of pound-for-pound rankings going into this fight and will certainly drop below Marquez now.  Andre Ward had already taken the #2 spot in the minds of most people.

As for Pacquiao's future, who can say.  His trainer was absolutely right in that, once he recovers, he has to be evaluated from a cold-hearted perspective.  If his reflexes and his desire to fight aren't there then it's in his best interest for him to retire.  Not saying that will happen, of course, but it's possible.

I'm just glad for Marquez, to be honest.  He deserved this win.  The guy beat Pacquiao in at least one other fight but had it snatched away from him.  He deserves a place in boxing on the same level as Pacquiao.

Around the Network

We'll never see Mayweather V Pacquiao now. Even if it did happen it just wouldn't generate the same sort of excitement and hype it would've had a few years ago, back then there was almost an air of invincibility surrounding Manny Pacquiao, that just isn't there anymore.

Seeing as how it should be tied 2-2 between Pacquiao and Marquez, I'd like to see a 5th a final tie breaker fight.

Side note: I know a lot of casual boxing fans and hype-train enthusiasts will hate me for saying this, but I honestly believe Pacquiao was using PEDs for a good part of his career. No boxer can suddenly become as dominant as he did so late in their boxing career. Also, his head is almost twice the size it used to be.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:

Also, his head is almost twice the size it used to be.

That's just from all the praise he's been getting. Where else would you put that stuff?

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Seeing as how it should be tied 2-2 between Pacquiao and Marquez, I'd like to see a 5th a final tie breaker fight.

Side note: I know a lot of casual boxing fans and hype-train enthusiasts will hate me for saying this, but I honestly believe Pacquiao was using PEDs for a good part of his career. No boxer can suddenly become as dominant as he did so late in their boxing career. Also, his head is almost twice the size it used to be.

Its not just fans that are thinking these, boxers have spoke up and said the same. I think Trinidad was one of them that voiced it loudly. When you put on weight to move up and get stronger you by all means should have to sacrifice some speed. You dont just move up all those weight classes and get stronger AND faster.

docholliday said:
adriane23 said:

Its not just fans that are thinking these, boxers have spoke up and said the same. I think Trinidad was one of them that voiced it loudly. When you put on weight to move up and get stronger you by all means should have to sacrifice some speed. You dont just move up all those weight classes and get stronger AND faster.

I think he stopped taking when he was facing mosley. Steroids does make your bones grow and gives you a neanderthal caveman look from long time use. Notice how fast he gained weight and his head grew with it? He also does have that neanderthal caveman ridge over his eyes. That is not normal.

keroncoward said:
DieAppleDie said:
So you guys are going to kill Paquiao just like what people did with Fedor?
Paquiao is one of the greatest boxers in the world, fighting is not the best always wins and the loser is useless

No i want to see him return i honestly do. I like Pacquiao as a fighter he is exciting but im just being real. His footwork is very poor and he has no defense and the media hype surrounding him is disgusting. There are other boxers with better skills than him that get no credit like Nonito Donaire for example. A knock out like that is career ending he actually went to sleep and they had to wake him up with smelling salts. Dead brain cells never come back and rarely a fighter is the same when they take a knock out like that. When he woke up they said he had no idea where he was and was asking what happened. They actually had to tell him what to tell Larry Merchant cause he didnt even know when he got knocked out or how.

sure there are other better boxers than him.. well wait till they achieve what he has.. then they can make the same claim.. until then just stfu lol

TrevDaRev said:
We'll never see Mayweather V Pacquiao now. Even if it did happen it just wouldn't generate the same sort of excitement and hype it would've had a few years ago, back then there was almost an air of invincibility surrounding Manny Pacquiao, that just isn't there anymore.

you kidding me?.. pacquiao is looking more and more tempting to mayweather.. pacman is ripe and soften up for the picking now!.. "style makes fights".. it sure does!! because thats mayweathers style! and he will want to fight him now! lol

keroncoward said:
docholliday said:
adriane23 said:

I think he stopped taking when he was facing mosley. Steroids does make your bones grow and gives you a neanderthal caveman look from long time use. Notice how fast he gained weight and his head grew with it? He also does have that neanderthal caveman ridge over his eyes. That is not normal.

wow this guy knows everything!!.. and has excuses for everything! lol.. 

so now manny didnt get the one punch knock out.. his off peds.. yet marquez on the other hand never had such power before in his prime.. and all of a sudden can knock manny off his feet with one punch.. lol seems legit.. no questions asked. hahaha