By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Pacman(the boxer not the game) got stopped we need to talk about it!!!!

BluGamer23 said:
TrevDaRev said:
We'll never see Mayweather V Pacquiao now. Even if it did happen it just wouldn't generate the same sort of excitement and hype it would've had a few years ago, back then there was almost an air of invincibility surrounding Manny Pacquiao, that just isn't there anymore.

you kidding me?.. pacquiao is looking more and more tempting to mayweather.. pacman is ripe and soften up for the picking now!.. "style makes fights".. it sure does!! because thats mayweathers style! and he will want to fight him now! lol

'ripe and soften up for the picking now' is precisely my point! Manny Pacquiao isn't the force he was a few years ago. The fight just wouldn't be the same. Mayweather always had an excuse not to get it on with Manny, blood test this, blood test that. If he did say he wanted the fight now, it would confirm that he was running scared, now with Pacquiao losing two on the bounce, he knows Pacquiao isn't the beast he once was.

Around the Network
BluGamer23 said:
keroncoward said:
DieAppleDie said:
So you guys are going to kill Paquiao just like what people did with Fedor?
Paquiao is one of the greatest boxers in the world, fighting is not the best always wins and the loser is useless

No i want to see him return i honestly do. I like Pacquiao as a fighter he is exciting but im just being real. His footwork is very poor and he has no defense and the media hype surrounding him is disgusting. There are other boxers with better skills than him that get no credit like Nonito Donaire for example. A knock out like that is career ending he actually went to sleep and they had to wake him up with smelling salts. Dead brain cells never come back and rarely a fighter is the same when they take a knock out like that. When he woke up they said he had no idea where he was and was asking what happened. They actually had to tell him what to tell Larry Merchant cause he didnt even know when he got knocked out or how.

sure there are other better boxers than him.. well wait till they achieve what he has.. then they can make the same claim.. until then just stfu lol

Please list what he has achieved? Dont tell me 8 championship belts like the other guy. Matter of fact i will explain what most of those paper champ belts are. Most of those belts were AWARDED to him, he didnt beat champions and take them. They are not official belts thats why HE DOES NOT DEFEND THEM. Which other fighter do you know gets a Ring magazine belt and defends it? (yes The Ring magazine actually made their own belt and awarded it to him). As i said before real boxing fans know the guy is just media hyped trash its just casual fans that fall for that nonsense that he is the fighter of the decade. How can he be fighter of the decade when he lost twice in that decade and was just chasing after mentally unfit, weight drained fighters that Mayweather already beat? I expect you to reply to me with something senseless again cause you are clearly clueless about the sport. And im not attacking you for your lack of knowledge im just telling it like it is.

TrevDaRev said:
BluGamer23 said:
TrevDaRev said:
We'll never see Mayweather V Pacquiao now. Even if it did happen it just wouldn't generate the same sort of excitement and hype it would've had a few years ago, back then there was almost an air of invincibility surrounding Manny Pacquiao, that just isn't there anymore.

you kidding me?.. pacquiao is looking more and more tempting to mayweather.. pacman is ripe and soften up for the picking now!.. "style makes fights".. it sure does!! because thats mayweathers style! and he will want to fight him now! lol

'ripe and soften up for the picking now' is precisely my point! Manny Pacquiao isn't the force he was a few years ago. The fight just wouldn't be the same. Mayweather always had an excuse not to get it on with Manny, blood test this, blood test that. If he did say he wanted the fight now, it would confirm that he was running scared, now with Pacquiao losing two on the bounce, he knows Pacquiao isn't the beast he once was.

Pacquiao's style was always tailor made for slick fighters to take advantage if you ask me. All he used to do was lunge towards the opponent with his chin up and throw lots of punches. His only difference now is head movement and he tries to place his foot better to throw more effective punches (what Freddy Roach taught him) His footwork is poor cause he always seems unbalanced when he wants to throw a punch. Mayweather always had better reach and is faster than Marquez. I think the fight will never happen now after that knock out, everyone already know whats going to happen.

keroncoward said:
TrevDaRev said:
BluGamer23 said:
TrevDaRev said:

Pacquiao's style was always tailor made for slick fighters to take advantage if you ask me. All he used to do was lunge towards the opponent with his chin up and throw lots of punches. His only difference now is head movement and he tries to place his foot better to throw more effective punches (what Freddy Roach taught him) His footwork is poor cause he always seems unbalanced when he wants to throw a punch. Mayweather always had better reach and is faster than Marquez. I think the fight will never happen now after that knock out, everyone already know whats going to happen.

Yes, I agree. Manny was always there to be hit, it improved with Roach, but Manny could always be drawn out into to a fight, to lunge, and to make mistakes. Which made him such an exciting fighter. Mayweather would pick Pacquiao off with ease, but whether he has the power to knock him out is another story.

It'll be interesting to see how he comes back after a knock out like that, he may never be the same. 

I would have love to see pacman put his fist down Floyd's throat but neither wanted to fight apparently, especially Floyd being the big bitch that he is.

Even if pacman isn't the greatest boxer, he is at least more humble and down to earth (from what we can see) compare to that douche floyd. It's ok to be a little arrogant going undefeated but ffs, he is just a huge dick (Floyd)

It's alright though, pacman is probably up to his neck in money by now, he can retire whenever he please. And overall, Marquez vs. pacman was a good match, both fought bravely but Marquez came out on top, so congrats to him. I'm still gonna be waiting for the one to knock-out floyd.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
BluGamer23 said:
keroncoward said:
docholliday said:
adriane23 said:
Seeing as how it should be tied 2-2 between Pacquiao and Marquez, I'd like to see a 5th a final tie breaker fight.

Side note: I know a lot of casual boxing fans and hype-train enthusiasts will hate me for saying this, but I honestly believe Pacquiao was using PEDs for a good part of his career. No boxer can suddenly become as dominant as he did so late in their boxing career. Also, his head is almost twice the size it used to be.

Its not just fans that are thinking these, boxers have spoke up and said the same. I think Trinidad was one of them that voiced it loudly. When you put on weight to move up and get stronger you by all means should have to sacrifice some speed. You dont just move up all those weight classes and get stronger AND faster.

I think he stopped taking when he was facing mosley. Steroids does make your bones grow and gives you a neanderthal caveman look from long time use. Notice how fast he gained weight and his head grew with it? He also does have that neanderthal caveman ridge over his eyes. That is not normal.

wow this guy knows everything!!.. and has excuses for everything! lol.. 

so now manny didnt get the one punch knock out.. his off peds.. yet marquez on the other hand never had such power before in his prime.. and all of a sudden can knock manny off his feet with one punch.. lol seems legit.. no questions asked. hahaha

Power? Pacquiao missed his target and was hit with a counter punch square in his face as he was going forward. That's a classic knockout scenario. It's not like Marquez gave him a Tyson punch.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Areym said:
I would have love to see pacman put his fist down Floyd's throat but neither wanted to fight apparently, especially Floyd being the big bitch that he is.

Even if pacman isn't the greatest boxer, he is at least more humble and down to earth (from what we can see) compare to that douche floyd. It's ok to be a little arrogant going undefeated but ffs, he is just a huge dick (Floyd)

It's alright though, pacman is probably up to his neck in money by now, he can retire whenever he please. And overall, Marquez vs. pacman was a good match, both fought bravely but Marquez came out on top, so congrats to him. I'm still gonna be waiting for the one to knock-out floyd.

Then he is doing his job. He acts the way he does because it's entertaining and makes his matches are interesting which in return make him more money.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

It was a great fight and I'm glad Marquez won, specially when it seemed Pacquiao was getting in control of the fight. Justice finally was made to Marquez, imo he should had won 3 of the 4 fights, the first one, third one and this one of course. The second one was so close it could go either way.

I agree with everyone saying Pacquiao was a bit overrated, I mean he's a great boxer but not the god they've been trying to make. He always has had a bad defense, but won because of his power, speed and chin. Now in welterweight his ability to take punches is obviously not the same, I remember his face when he received punches by Cotto or even Margarito, when in lighter divisions it didn't affected him at all. Marquez always had the formula to beat Pacman, but at lighter weights he didn't had the power so they went to decision (and got robbed at least once).

I honestly think Marquez has benefited more with the increase in weight than Pacquiao. With that said, Marquez should retire now that he's in glory. There's no point in fighting again specially at his age, probably only for the title against Bradley (as he isn't that good) , but I hope he doesn't fight Floyd! Even if Floyd was heavier than he should the first time they fought, I don't think Marquez has a chance.

And Pacquiao should continue, he looked good before the KO and honestly if the round had finished one second earlier he could probably won. At least he has to recover the title because he was robbed against Bradley.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

I want to believe we might have more of a chance at seeing a Mayweather v. Pacquiao fight now than we did before.

Look, honestly, the rationale that Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao was always junk, an assumption made by people who don't really know much about the subject matter. The idea that Pacquiao was unstoppable was a media creation. People in boxing knew that a lot of his wins were close, that he struggled in some areas of his game, and that he often took a lot of damage. Besides that, there is no one more confident than Mayweather. The guy truly believes he is the best.

The issue, as far as I can see, is that Mayweather was pissed off that people thought of Pacquiao as being on even ground with him. It wasn't fear that stood in the way of a fight, it was pride. The only way Mayweather was going to accept a fight is if he took a significantly higher percentage of the pay-out than Pacquiao, as that would prove that he was the undisputed top dog.

If negotiations came up now, there is no way Pacquiao would have as much leverage. You have to assume that his take would be much lower than Mayweather's--though, obviously, Pacquiao is very prideful himself and might not agree to that.

At the level these guys are at, it's less about money than it is about their perception of respect. Kind of like a football player getting angry and holding out, not because of a couple million dollars, but because his team's offer doesn't make him the "highest paid at his position."

ninetailschris said:
Areym said:

Then he is doing his job. He acts the way he does because it's entertaining and makes his matches are interesting which in return make him more money.

Doesn't change the fact that he is a shit tier person, as far as his professionalism. I'm fine with them making money because (unless matches are arranged before hand) they are earning that money but is there a need to be so arrogant and pompous? Would he not want to be someone people genuinely look up? Because of the quality of his work, ethic, character, etc? If the answer is no, then he's a greedy fuck and I can't wait for somebody to put him in his place. 

You think the "the best of the best" would be able to garner attention and be able to entertain without being such an asshat. I hope pacman is as honorable as they protray him to be, I really do look up to him in some aspects. I guess I'm just a sucker for the "good guy" trope, huh?

PS: Sucker punching is for little punks.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian