By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Pacman(the boxer not the game) got stopped we need to talk about it!!!!

oni-link said:

I can't believe what I just saw this evening.  One of boxing's greatest sent to dreamland with a vicious right hand!!! I had Pacman winning by 2 rounds with Marquez breaking his nose before BAMM!!! Off to Mr. Sandman you go Pacman!!!  This just sucks cuz it basically kills the Pacman vs Mayweather fight.  On the other hand I would like to see Dinamita, blow up on Pretty boy Floyd one more time.  Did anyone else see the fight?  I for one thought Marquez was too huge and probably was on some PEDs.  Great fight overall.

Holy fuck! I can´t believe this. I always thought Manny Pacquiao was one of the best P4P Boxers of all time. I wasn´t able to watch it because I was working. Was it more of a lucky Punch or did he really got dominated?

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
oni-link said:

I can't believe what I just saw this evening.  One of boxing's greatest sent to dreamland with a vicious right hand!!! I had Pacman winning by 2 rounds with Marquez breaking his nose before BAMM!!! Off to Mr. Sandman you go Pacman!!!  This just sucks cuz it basically kills the Pacman vs Mayweather fight.  On the other hand I would like to see Dinamita, blow up on Pretty boy Floyd one more time.  Did anyone else see the fight?  I for one thought Marquez was too huge and probably was on some PEDs.  Great fight overall.

Holy fuck! I can´t believe this. I always thought Manny Pacquiao was one of the best P4P Boxers of all time. I wasn´t able to watch it because I was working. Was it more of a lucky Punch or did he really got dominated?

It was a perfectly executed counter punch near the end of the sixth round and i understand why you guys are so surprised and im not. The guy is all hype, he is not a boxing god the way the media tries to promote him. When you get knocked out cold like that youre never the same as a boxer mentally or physically just ask Ricky Hatton. Notice he could not even respond to Larry Merchant properly when he was interviewed after the fight? Synaptic failure. He should just retire now and not risk anything like that again cause he could end up like his trainer in the long run.

AndrewWK said:
oni-link said:

He wasnt getting dominated.. he had marquez soften up in previous round.. he got careless over confident and got knocked out cold.

keroncoward said:
AndrewWK said:
oni-link said:

It was a perfectly executed counter punch near the end of the sixth round and i understand why you guys are so surprised and im not. The guy is all hype, he is not a boxing god the way the media tries to promote him. When you get knocked out cold like that youre never the same as a boxer mentally or physically just ask Ricky Hatton. Notice he could not even respond to Larry Merchant properly when he was interviewed after the fight? Synaptic failure. He should just retire now and not risk anything like that again cause he could end up like his trainer in the long run.

yada yada yada..  man shut up already.. we read you in your earlier post ... get over it.

BluGamer23 said:
keroncoward said:
AndrewWK said:
oni-link said:

yada yada yada..  man shut up already.. we read you in your earlier post ... get over it.

Not an intelligent response. I dont have to get over anything i dont believe in media hype. Im going to continue typing in these forums cause i can and if you dont like it thats your problem.

Around the Network

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2012/12/09/gif-juan-manuel-marquez-knocks-out-manny-pacquiao/?xid=si_topstories

Maybe somebody can properly post that GIF.

BluGamer23 said:
AndrewWK said:
oni-link said:

He wasnt getting dominated.. he had marquez soften up in previous round.. he got careless over confident and got knocked out cold.

It was pretty much even and they were trading blows. He got careless cause he took too much body shots early on, was not intelligent enough and got lured to the corner of the ring and counter punched. If you never laced up a day in your life dont even bother argueing with me about what happened in the ring and im going to tell you again......im typing it how i see it cause i can and if you dont like it shut down your computer and throw a fit its your problem.

This one is from a Mexican sports Web-page:

And this is the GIF:

Where is your God now Pacquiao? If only the rumors about Marquez were true, than one could extrapolate a headline "Homosexuality beats Bible". But no, this Marquez has to be the straight one.

It's Karma. They've fought 4 times and Marquez got robbed in their last fight and should have gotten another decision as well.