By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Pacman(the boxer not the game) got stopped we need to talk about it!!!!

The UFC fights on Fox were better

But yeah nice main event. Pac Man good but far from the greatest. The entire sport of boxing is watered down with weaker competition than in its prime

Around the Network
keroncoward said:
SnakeDrake said:
keroncoward said:
Marquez deserved the win. Body shots takes a toll on your body and Marquez stuck to his gameplan. Pacquiao's whole career was all hype and match ups against flat footed or opponents that were mentally unfit due to coming off of damaging losses. His career was only relevant because of Mayweather's name anyway cause real boxing fans knew he had no chance in hell against Mayweather. Good riddance his career is over, he will never be the same physically and mentally after a knock out like that.....no fighter is. Just ask Ricky Hatton.

As a fighter I have much respect of him. He's holds 8 championships beating some of the best boxing has to offer. He's a great pound of pound fighter. And as a men I repect him more. He's a humble and honest and thats rare in the sports community especially in boxing.

8 championchip belts? Most of those belts are made up titles but to be fair he is a good boxer against flat footed opponents that just stand there and dont know how to adjust. Mayweather is the real deal, there is no denying that Manny's chances of beating him were always slim to none reguardless of what the media tried to portray of him being scared. Dont want to take anything away from Manny but i never believed the hype from day one i always called him out for what i saw him as from day one. Nonito Donaire is a more promising phil fighter than he is in my book cause at least he has shown a little bit of skill.

PS: As for respect i dont respect either cause Manny is just as much a snake as Mayweather is if not worse outside the ring. His lies and dishonesty through his entire hype filled career finally caught up with him. Beaten by a 40 year old counter puncher that Mayweather dominated with basic boxing skills.

Manny's combination and handspeed are incredible. I don't think pretty boy would dominate Dinamita the way he did last time if they were to face again in Marquez current condition.  I fought a few sessions in may days ( I still spar once in a while) and you could tell Marquez had a lot more power and speed than what I used to seeing him.  Probably great conditioning coach or probably something else...hmmm.  Anyways, looking forward to the Donaire vs Acre fight and then Canelo vs Mayweather.  I might pick up a 5th fight if they do; just because I want to see how Manny adjusts to a the receiving end of a knock out.  Those punches Dinamita were throwing are the types that feel as if you got hit by rhino or something....AMAZING POWER!!!

..what?

Did he look the same as your avatar? When he was getting knocked out I mean.

LemonSlice said:

Did he look the same as your avatar? When he was getting knocked out I mean.

Doesn't everyone who actually is made of flesh and blood?  After a viscious knockdown that is.  I take it you haven't received a shot like that in your life have you?

Around the Network

No. Then again I wouldn't need to. They don't call me Glass Joe for nothing.

Just saw the fight. Never thought Pacman would take a nap during the bout.

justinian said:
Just saw the fight. Never thought Pacman would take a nap during the bout.

exactly my feeling especially after breaking Dinamita's nose.  That looked pretty bad also; talk about Warriors in the ring!!!

LemonSlice said:
No. Then again I wouldn't need to. They don't call me Glass Joe for nothing.

LOL...trust me you are not missing much, it's not a pleasant thing.  I actually think I'm beginnning to feel some of those knocks I had when I was in my 20's now that I am in my 30's.  It's funny that you start rembering why your side hurts where you just got a viscious round house now in my 30s than I am was in my 20's.  Which is why I think Marquez looked/fought amazing at that level while being a few months b4 his 40s!!!!

oni-link said:
keroncoward said:
SnakeDrake said:
keroncoward said:
Marquez deserved the win. Body shots takes a toll on your body and Marquez stuck to his gameplan. Pacquiao's whole career was all hype and match ups against flat footed or opponents that were mentally unfit due to coming off of damaging losses. His career was only relevant because of Mayweather's name anyway cause real boxing fans knew he had no chance in hell against Mayweather. Good riddance his career is over, he will never be the same physically and mentally after a knock out like that.....no fighter is. Just ask Ricky Hatton.

As a fighter I have much respect of him. He's holds 8 championships beating some of the best boxing has to offer. He's a great pound of pound fighter. And as a men I repect him more. He's a humble and honest and thats rare in the sports community especially in boxing.

8 championchip belts? Most of those belts are made up titles but to be fair he is a good boxer against flat footed opponents that just stand there and dont know how to adjust. Mayweather is the real deal, there is no denying that Manny's chances of beating him were always slim to none reguardless of what the media tried to portray of him being scared. Dont want to take anything away from Manny but i never believed the hype from day one i always called him out for what i saw him as from day one. Nonito Donaire is a more promising phil fighter than he is in my book cause at least he has shown a little bit of skill.

PS: As for respect i dont respect either cause Manny is just as much a snake as Mayweather is if not worse outside the ring. His lies and dishonesty through his entire hype filled career finally caught up with him. Beaten by a 40 year old counter puncher that Mayweather dominated with basic boxing skills.

Manny's combination and handspeed are incredible. I don't think pretty boy would dominate Dinamita the way he did last time if they were to face again in Marquez current condition.  I fought a few sessions in may days ( I still spar once in a while) and you could tell Marquez had a lot more power and speed than what I used to seeing him.  Probably great conditioning coach or probably something else...hmmm.  Anyways, looking forward to the Donaire vs Acre fight and then Canelo vs Mayweather.  I might pick up a 5th fight if they do; just because I want to see how Manny adjusts to a the receiving end of a knock out.  Those punches Dinamita were throwing are the types that feel as if you got hit by rhino or something....AMAZING POWER!!!

Floyd has better reach, is a lot faster, better defense and is a far better counter puncher than Marquez......not to mention the more intelligent fighter in the ring, even Marquez said so himself. Its funny you actually want to see Marquez get dominated again. Lets make this make sense.....at best Marquez will win 2 rounds instead of none if they ever fight again? I actually see it ending worse for Marquez but i want to leave you with a little hope at least. What combinations does Manny throw? He misses and takes more shots to his head more than he gives out anyway but the only difference is this time Marquez had a game plan to make him open up and hit him body shots to weaken him and he stuck to it. Hand speed is nothing and its common among boxers. Its also useless if you put no skill or intelligence behind it.