By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Current vs Last, a Console Sales Story (COMPLETE!)

Final Smash: Should somone one do this at the start of every gen?

yes 65 75.58%

no 3 3.49%

show me the money! 7 8.14%

Total:75

Feb 9th data is up plus a bunch of up and down adjustments going all the way back to week 2.

Around the Network

February 16th data is up in the OP.

WiiU still flat in the low 30's. No games launched = no increase in sales.

Knowing what little games are coming by the end of March... without some significant marketing campaign, there is no way Nintendo is SHIPPING 4m by the end of March.

Man Nintendo really screwed up the launch.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

At this rate it might not even hit 3M :/

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

On the plus side, I haven't sold my Wii U yet. At this point every little bit helps.

yep. After my miserable experience buying AC3 digitally... I almost sold it. In fact, about to make a thread dedicated to it.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

yep. After my miserable experience buying AC3 digitally... I almost sold it. In fact, about to make a thread dedicated to it.

Sorry, but if you really bought another Ubisoft game, you have nobody but yourself to blame.

What. Were. You. Thinking.

Has nothing to do with Ubi... read new thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155980

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

Has nothing to do with Ubi... read new thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155980

Of course it has to do with Ubisoft. They made a game with a lot of gigabytes.

hahaha aahhh that made me giggle.

Soundwave said:

5.5-6 million is the same stock number has used for the shipments of both the GameCube and Wii through their first March (which is Nintendo's fiscal year end).

GameCube missed hitting 6 million.

Does that mean it hit 5.5 million? What did it hit?

I'm having trouble finding figures.

retroking1981 said:
shiackz said:
retroking1981 said:
superchunk said:
retroking1981 said:
I think it'll end march a lot closer to the PS3 than Wii, least it had a decent start.

What do you mean?

Overall, it will be well ahead of PS3 for the launch to March total. Are you referring to its weekly trend?

Sorry I wasn't very clear there.

I think come the end of March it will have sold closer to 2,858,000 (PS3) than 5,837,000 (Wii).

Basically I don't think the WiiU will sell more than 4,347,500 by the end of March

But. The wii u has already 2.5 million it's nOtgoing to sell only 400k in three months

Where are you getting 400k in 3 months from?

Its at 2.5m now like you said and by the end of march I don't think it'll be above 4,347,500.

To be above that it needs to average 142,115 for the next 13 weeks. I do not believe this will happen. I think somewhere between 3.5-4m by the end of March will be more realistic

Even my own pessimistic prediction is looking a bit of a joke now.

If it carries on at these low 30k pace it won't even match the PS3.

Still find it funny that people actually thought it was going to sell that much.