By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Japan save Nintendo and the Wii U like they did with the 3DS?

I don t think wii u is doing bad. Again this high price issue do you want it free? If you think that nextbox and Ps4 will launch cheaper you are wrong.

We know they are just scraping profit how can they sell it cheaper?

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Sony's bankruptcy will save Nintendo, not Nintendo themselves.

MS is losing MAJOR BANK on Windows 8 and Google.

Samsung shall inherit the earth.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

KungKras said:
I'm not surprised by this.

My gut feeling during all the E3 presentations about the Wii U was always "WTF are they doing?!?!?!?!? O_o" Needless to say, my gut feeling about the Wii when I started hearing about it (months after launch) was a lot different.

Yeah, to me the Wii U has always felt like a step backwords away from the new audience they created but whatever.  

Though to be fair, I thought the Wii was going to be a gimmicy garbage system that wouldn't sell, and it proved me wrong on all accounts.

Japanese launch pics: http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/025/663/50c2874b0f4b4.html

Pavolink said:
CCFanboy said:
Wow. This is worse then vita. It has been one week and it needs saving?

It needed to be saved even before launch. Even when I like the Wii U commercials, that's bad marketing compared to the Wii one. Also Wii has Twilight Princess.

Zelda >>>>>>> Mario

Not even in the same galaxy.

2D Mario >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aonuma Zelda

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Pavolink said:
CCFanboy said:
Wow. This is worse then vita. It has been one week and it needs saving?

It needed to be saved even before launch. Even when I like the Wii U commercials, that's bad marketing compared to the Wii one. Also Wii has Twilight Princess.

Zelda >>>>>>> Mario

Not even in the same galaxy.

2D Mario >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aonuma Zelda

What is this. Aonuma has done the last four console Zeldas, why you hatin' 

3D Mario > 3D Zelda > 2D Mario

On topic: Is 3DS really saved anywhere other than Japan? It's not doing nearly as well in America and I'm afraid this will mean that I won't get the sweet sweet localizations that I want and deserve. :(

I dunno, I think the Japanese should be able to carry it for a few months before it takes off in the west.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

NintendoPie said:
Kuramakun said:
This Thread makes me lol
The Wii U is doing fine, It's a Brand new system give it time people. I bought one, My 2 nephews bought 1 each and my co worker bought one. It's selling around my friends and family lol

No offense, but your definition of fine is messed up. It's not really doing fine. If it was it wouldn't have gone down on its second week that much.

Now, I'm not saying its doing horrible, but it sure could do better.

You forget that the first week had its launch AND Black Friday, and that all consoles dropped down a hefty amouth WoW:

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
X360 333,540 (-59%) 37,331,209
PS3 152,860 (-64%) 23,037,805
3DS 132,293 (-50%) 6,675,004
WiiU 130,733 (-68%) 542,583
Wii 109,205 (-63%) 40,241,266
DS 86,996 (-68%) 51,867,390
PSV 58,887 (-58%) 1,118,790
PSP 5,693 (-52%) 19,601,575

So it did drop a lot, yes, but reall in-line with everything else. It could be doing better, but as always expect the sales to start ramping up towards the end of the year now, if history has taught us anything.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

spurgeonryan said:

Seond week sales plummeted for the wii u. You cannot blame stock issues like Nintendo surely will in the coming weeks. I have seen it in stock everywhere.

Bad marketing, high price, and a bad taste left in gamers mouths fromm the wii have hurt the wii u early on. But the same thing happened with the 3DS (maybe some different reasons) and Japan saved it.

Will they be able to save the wii u as well?

It does not have bad marketing, its priced lower than what the next gen consoles will be and the 3DS wasnt saved by Japan, but by the price cut and the 2 mario games.

Would like to point out that you've created at least 5 threads bashing the Wii U since it released. Theres definitly a vendetta going on with you. If you dont like it, just ignore it? It doesnt have to appeal to you to be sucessful.