By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioShock Vita development is up to Take-Two and Sony, says Levine

Hawkeyejonjon said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
Ya...making a exclusive Bioshock for Vita isn't a smart thing to do.

Making an exclusive Assasin's Creed wasn't a bad idea...

Sales say otherwise

Ubisoft was happy with the Assassins Creed: Liberation sales.

Just as happy as Sony is with PSABR

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Nihilistic to the rescue!

...Not.

If Sony has a say in the development of this game, Nhillistc may actually be the ones making it. 

I think this is a game that Sony just can't allow to get shredded. They really need a great Bioshock Vita. Let's face it, if it was released in 2014 it would easily sell over a million. ACIII:L will get to something around 750k soon and the install base in 1.5 year will be big enough for this game to sell even twice as much. I hope I will get to play this game.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Sony needs to get dependable, fast turnaround, in house dev teams ready to go for situations just like this.
They could have a shard library of assets and work with key dev figures (like Ken Livine) in order to produce games from known franchises to produce unique new experiences for the Vita. A percentage of sales profit would go to the owners of the IP, and the rest to Sony.

No risk to developers, quality games get made, Customers get great games, Overall profit to Sony? Still questionable.
Everyone sees how cool the Vita is, but regardless of tech, price, and marketing- its in a tough spot. A new way to develop handheld games such as the one I outlined above, should be considered.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Lets just hope this doesn't mean it'll go the way of Black Ops Declassified. The original developers of Black Ops didn't have any part in that game and look what happened.

Around the Network
Hawkeyejonjon said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:

Sales say otherwise

Ubisoft was happy with the Assassins Creed: Liberation sales.

lol its called PR. You expect them to say it sucked?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

^Good point.
@OP. Bioshock and Resi are the kinds of games that fit handhelds because the smaller screen gives a clostrophobic feel.

Vita owners will be lucky if they get a quick and dirty port of the original Bioshock at this point.

sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:

Sales say otherwise

Actually all signs point that it will be a million+ seller in the longrun Hell it could even catch up to a certain racer you might like

OT: make it happen Sony, it will help the Vita

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:

Sales say otherwise

Actually all signs point that it will be a million+ seller in the longrun Hell it could even catch up to a certain racer you might like

OT: make it happen Sony, it will help the Vita

Bundle sales don't mean profit for Ubisoft, maybe just a small cut for every bundle. It really only helps Sony.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.