By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioShock Vita development is up to Take-Two and Sony, says Levine

sales2099 said:
hunter_alien said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
Ya...making a exclusive Bioshock for Vita isn't a smart thing to do.

Making an exclusive Assasin's Creed wasn't a bad idea...

Sales say otherwise

Actually all signs point that it will be a million+ seller in the longrun Hell it could even catch up to a certain racer you might like

OT: make it happen Sony, it will help the Vita

Bundle sales don't mean profit for Ubisoft, maybe just a small cut for every bundle. It really only helps Sony.

I trully doubt that Sony did not chip in with some kind of offer, to get an exclusive Vita AC

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:

Sales say otherwise

Ubisoft was happy with the Assassins Creed: Liberation sales.

lol its called PR. You expect them to say it sucked?

Did it? Compare it to core 3rd party games on the Wii U and suddenly ACIII:L sells like cupcakes. It's already over 400k and still going very strong every week. I'm sure it met the expectations Ubi had upon the launch of the game 5 weeks ago. It will challenge Uncharted for the No. 1 spot on the Vita sales chart and will become one of the best selling games on both handhelds of this generation. You really think anyone would consider this a flop? It's selling very well and should have legs like Kylie Minogue. Maybe not the longest in world, but damn are they sexy! ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
sales2099 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:

Sales say otherwise

Did it? Compare it to core 3rd party games on the Wii U and suddenly ACIII:L sells like cupcakes. It's already over 400k and still going very strong every week. I'm sure it met the expectations Ubi had upon the launch of the game 5 weeks ago. It will challenge Uncharted for the No. 1 spot on the Vita sales chart and will become one of the best selling games on both handhelds of this generation. You really think anyone would consider this a flop? It's selling very well and should have legs like Kylie Minogue. Maybe not the longest in world, but damn are they sexy! ;)

Most of them are from bundles. Im all for bundle sales, but do it after a period of time has passed so the game can sell on its own legs. Ubi gets little money from a bundle sale. Either way, your telling me a Vita game has to be bundled from the start to be a hit.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
hunter_alien said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:

Sales say otherwise

Actually all signs point that it will be a million+ seller in the longrun Hell it could even catch up to a certain racer you might like

OT: make it happen Sony, it will help the Vita

Bundle sales don't mean profit for Ubisoft, maybe just a small cut for every bundle. It really only helps Sony.

No you really are talking out of your ass.

Game is guaranteed to cross 1 million. There's plenty of things to hate, the sales of this game are very good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sales2099 said:
Scisca said:
sales2099 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:

Sales say otherwise

Most of them are from bundles. Im all for bundle sales, but do it after a period of time has passed so the game can sell on its own legs. Ubi gets little money from a bundle sale. Either way, your telling me a Vita game has to be bundled from the start to be a hit.

No one knows how much ubisoft gets from bundles but i bet that ubisoft gets $10-$20 per bundle. For all we know they could get $40 for every bundle sold.

Around the Network

It'd be a rather terrible move on Levine's part to promise Bioshock on the Vita and not do it. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they outsourced it to another studio, as long as Levine's taking some time to make sure it's going in the right direction. If 2K isn't willing to publish it, an agreement should be worked out in a way that Sony can publish the game themselves.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Honestly I could care less if they put Bioshock on the Vita it isn't a system seller game. They need a world wide heavy hitter like a Final Fantasy or something along those lines.