By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does it seem like the vita is getting more games than the 3ds?

ryuzaki57 said:

Well now YOU cherrypick Rune Factory 4 to defend your thesis after giving lame excuses for RE. Marvelous support 3DS so much that they shifted Senran Kagura to Vita even though it was doing so good. And 150k was quite achievable on Vita too btw.

And what are those games you mention? (Run for Money, Medarot!!????) Do people know about those? I'm telling you about established games/franchises, not some radom casual games that non-gamers buy on a whim. If 3rd parties succeed with such... let's say unexpected software I'm perfectly fine with this. But it's gonna be DS/Wii all over again, where playstation platforms eventually get most of the big titles.

Also, Capcom and SquareEnix aren't the subject here because if Nintendo hadn't struck some shady deal to get MH and DQ, 3DS would be behind Vita. Those games would sell on any system. 

I didn't cherrypick.  I pointed out a few games.  Doesn't matter if you know about Medarot, LBX, Run for You Money, etc. - the Japanese do and they bought those games.  See Media Create threads or go to garaph to see sales if you're curious.  And nice try, attempting to move the goal posts yet again.

First, your argument was - Nintendo's 1st party offerings choke 3rd party games

Then it was - Nintendo's 1st party offerings choke 3rd party games - except for Capcpom and SquareEnix

Now, your argument is - Nintendo's 1st party offerings choke 3rd party games, except for Capcpom and SquareEnix, and only established games/franchises count.

Can't wait to see what goal post shift you come up with next.

As for MoHun and DQ, what shady deal are you discussing?  Something similar to what Sony did to presumably get AssCreed and we know for a fact Call of Duty on the Vita?  And you can live in your fantasy world with 'what if' scenarios all you want, DQ and MoHun are on the 3DS now, so no use crying over spilled milk.

EDIT:  Damn.  VicViper, ownage. 

Around the Network
Train wreck said:

im stating that vita (in Japan) will get more support as a fallback from lackluster sales from the west.

I assume that made more sense in your head?

Kenology said:

I didn't cherrypick.  I pointed out a few games.  Doesn't matter if you know about Medarot, LBX, Run for You Money, etc. - the Japanese do and they bought those games.  See Media Create threads or go to garaph to see sales if you're curious.  And nice try, attempting to move the goal posts yet again.

First, your argument was - Nintendo's 1st party offerings choke 3rd party games

Then it was - Nintendo's 1st party offerings choke 3rd party games - except for Capcpom and SquareEnix

Now, your argument is - Nintendo's 1st party offerings choke 3rd party games, except for Capcpom and SquareEnix, and only established games/franchises count.

Can't wait to see what goal post shift you come up with next.

As for MoHun and DQ, what shady deal are you discussing?  Something similar to what Sony did to presumably get AssCreed and we know for a fact Call of Duty on the Vita?  And you can live in your fantasy world with 'what if' scenarios all you want, DQ and MoHun are on the 3DS now, so no use crying over spilled milk.

If we're discussing great software sales, why don't we take a gander at how Vita software, first or third party, have sold so far, then compare those to 3DS sales?

bananaking21 said:
POE said:

September to November:

Activision Publishing, Inc. Angry Birds Trilogy 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Bratz: Fashion Boutique 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends
Activision Publishing, Inc. Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Skylanders Giants 
Activision Publishing, Inc. TRANSFORMERS PRIME 
Activision Publishing, Inc. The Trash Pack
Activision Publishing, Inc. Wipeout 3 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Wreck It Ralph 
Aksys Games Localization, Inc. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) Code of Princess
D3Publisher Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
D3Publisher Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!
D3Publisher Ben 10: Omniverse 
Disney Interactive Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion 
Disney Interactive Disney·Pixar Finding Nemo
Disney Interactive Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure
Electronic Arts FIFA
GameMill Entertainment Hotel Transylvania 
Majesco Entertainment Hello Kitty Picnic 
Maximum Games 50 Classic Games 
Maximum Games American Mensa Academy 
Maximum Games Junior Classic Games 
Maximum Games Jett Tailfin 
Natsume Inc. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Nintendo New Super Mario Bros. 2 
Nintendo Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! 
Nintendo Crosswords Plus 
Nintendo Style Savvy: Trendsetters 
Nintendo Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Nintendo Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! 
Nintendo Paper Mario: Sticker Star 
SEGA Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed 
Storm City Entertainment Chevrolet Camaro Wild Ride 
Storm City Entertainment Old Skool Classics 
Storm City Entertainment Word Wizard 3D 
Telegames, Inc. Classic Games Overload: Card and Puzzle Edition 
Ubisoft Rayman Origins 
Ubisoft Imagine Babyz 
Ubisoft Imagine Fashion Life 
Ubisoft Petz Countryside 
Ubisoft Rabbids Rumble
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment LEGO The Lord of the Rings 
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Spy Hunter 
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Scribblenauts Unlimited 

and how many games of those are actually noticable? thank you, you just proved my point

Obviously no one, because in your opinion nothing on a Nintendo platform will ever be noticable. Other people than you might find Paper Mario, Epic Mickey, Code of Princess, Professor Layton, Freakyforms, Rayman, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Scribblenauts noticeable.

But hey, this game works in the other direction too

bananaking21 said:
Kenology said:
bananaking21 said:

what noticable game released for the 3ds in the past 2 months and compare them to the vita's. i find replies like these pathatic, because you clearely cant reply with a informative smart reply and chose to put a gif of a man laughing instead. this gif just screams your inability to repsond with an actual reply. as i said, pathatic

Name some games, bananaking - like I asked you to above.  Because there are a lot of noticeable games that launched for the 3DS in the last two months.  And don't try to weasle your way out by saying  'x 3DS game isn't noticeable because I'm not interested in it".

Also, lol at moving the goalposts to *only* the past two months.  I don't think that will help you much anyway.

ohh ok not two months? cool

Tear Away

Sly cooper 4

PS All stars

Sound Shapes

Soul Sacrifice

Need For Speed

Fifa 13

LittleBigPlanet Vita

CoD : Declassified

Ragnarok Odyssey

Ratchet And Clack

Guacamole

Persona 4

Smart As

Lego Lord Of the Rings

Madden NFL

i guess that list is shit, right?

Yes, nothing noticable in it. No Mario, no Fire Emblem, no Layton, no Rayman, no Scribblenauts, no Monster Hunter, no Dillon. And this list is not even restricted to two months.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

bananaking21 said:
true, i didnt list the games upcoming for ps vita, i just said the noticable ones. maybe i should change it to games worth looking at. 3ds owners should really enjoy angry birds, hotel transylvania and fashion botique.....

Yeah, because 3DS-owners cannot enjoy Mario, Scribblenauts, Rayman, Layton or Harvest Moon. Oh, wait.

If Angry Birds, Hotel Transylvania and Fashion Boutique is the only noticable for you on 3DS, your opinion about what's noticable is worth nothing.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
bananaking21 said:
POE said:

September to November:

Activision Publishing, Inc. Angry Birds Trilogy 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Bratz: Fashion Boutique 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends
Activision Publishing, Inc. Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Skylanders Giants 
Activision Publishing, Inc. TRANSFORMERS PRIME 
Activision Publishing, Inc. The Trash Pack
Activision Publishing, Inc. Wipeout 3 
Activision Publishing, Inc. Wreck It Ralph 
Aksys Games Localization, Inc. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) Code of Princess
D3Publisher Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
D3Publisher Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!
D3Publisher Ben 10: Omniverse 
Disney Interactive Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion 
Disney Interactive Disney·Pixar Finding Nemo
Disney Interactive Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure
Electronic Arts FIFA
GameMill Entertainment Hotel Transylvania 
Majesco Entertainment Hello Kitty Picnic 
Maximum Games 50 Classic Games 
Maximum Games American Mensa Academy 
Maximum Games Junior Classic Games 
Maximum Games Jett Tailfin 
Natsume Inc. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Nintendo New Super Mario Bros. 2 
Nintendo Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! 
Nintendo Crosswords Plus 
Nintendo Style Savvy: Trendsetters 
Nintendo Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Nintendo Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! 
Nintendo Paper Mario: Sticker Star 
SEGA Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed 
Storm City Entertainment Chevrolet Camaro Wild Ride 
Storm City Entertainment Old Skool Classics 
Storm City Entertainment Word Wizard 3D 
Telegames, Inc. Classic Games Overload: Card and Puzzle Edition 
Ubisoft Rayman Origins 
Ubisoft Imagine Babyz 
Ubisoft Imagine Fashion Life 
Ubisoft Petz Countryside 
Ubisoft Rabbids Rumble
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment LEGO The Lord of the Rings 
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Spy Hunter 
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Scribblenauts Unlimited 

and how many games of those are actually noticable? thank you, you just proved my point

Obviously no one, because in your opinion nothing on a Nintendo platform will ever be noticable. Other people than you might find Paper Mario, Epic Mickey, Code of Princess, Professor Layton, Freakyforms, Rayman, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Scribblenauts noticeable.

But hey, this game works in the other direction too

bananaking21 said:
Kenology said:
bananaking21 said:

what noticable game released for the 3ds in the past 2 months and compare them to the vita's. i find replies like these pathatic, because you clearely cant reply with a informative smart reply and chose to put a gif of a man laughing instead. this gif just screams your inability to repsond with an actual reply. as i said, pathatic

Name some games, bananaking - like I asked you to above.  Because there are a lot of noticeable games that launched for the 3DS in the last two months.  And don't try to weasle your way out by saying  'x 3DS game isn't noticeable because I'm not interested in it".

Also, lol at moving the goalposts to *only* the past two months.  I don't think that will help you much anyway.

ohh ok not two months? cool

Tear Away

Sly cooper 4

PS All stars

Sound Shapes

Soul Sacrifice

Need For Speed

Fifa 13

LittleBigPlanet Vita

CoD : Declassified

Ragnarok Odyssey

Ratchet And Clack

Guacamole

Persona 4

Smart As

Lego Lord Of the Rings

Madden NFL

i guess that list is shit, right?

Yes, nothing noticable in it. No Mario, no Fire Emblem, no Layton, no Rayman, no Scribblenauts, no Monster Hunter, no Dillon. And this list is not even restricted to two months.

dont put words in my mouth, i never said anything about my opinion and anything about mario not being noticable. the list i said for the vita games are all noticable and well known between gamers and gaming press, every game in my vita list has been talked about whether by the press or gamers. where as the list of the 3ds are games no one gives a shit about. go ahead tell me how much you love imagine babyz, fashion boutique and 3 angry birds games which cost 40 bucks where you could get them all on your andriod for free with more levels. 

Mnementh said:
bananaking21 said:
true, i didnt list the games upcoming for ps vita, i just said the noticable ones. maybe i should change it to games worth looking at. 3ds owners should really enjoy angry birds, hotel transylvania and fashion botique.....

Yeah, because 3DS-owners cannot enjoy Mario, Scribblenauts, Rayman, Layton or Harvest Moon. Oh, wait.

If Angry Birds, Hotel Transylvania and Fashion Boutique is the only noticable for you on 3DS, your opinion about what's noticable is worth nothing.

its either people dont read my posts and just jump up and say the first thing that comes to their mind when they read something they dont like about a console they like. go read every post i said in this thread and tell me where did i say 3ds owners should not enjoy mario, scubblenauts, rayman, layton or harvest moon. and who are you to decide what my opinion is worth?

bananaking21 said:

dont put words in my mouth, i never said anything about my opinion and anything about mario not being noticable. the list i said for the vita games are all noticable and well known between gamers and gaming press, every game in my vita list has been talked about whether by the press or gamers. where as the list of the 3ds are games no one gives a shit about. go ahead tell me how much you love imagine babyz, fashion boutique and 3 angry birds games which cost 40 bucks where you could get them all on your andriod for free with more levels. 

I'd rhetorically ask if you know how astoundingly...silly....you sound right now, but we all know that you honestly don't. But please, don't let that stop you from continuing to bring the knowledge! It certainly hasn't so far.

noname2200 said:
bananaking21 said:

I'd rhetorically ask if you know how astoundingly...silly....you sound right now, but we all know that you honestly don't. But please, don't let that stop you from continuing to bring the knowledge! It certainly hasn't so far.

then please explain to me how i am sounding astoundingly silly then :) 

bananaking21 said:
noname2200 said:
bananaking21 said:

then please explain to me how i am sounding astoundingly silly then :) 

No no, I'm just going to sit back and continue enjoying the explanation of how games like Guacamole and Smart As being mentioned at some point by "the press or gamers" makes them much more important than titles that will outsell half your list combined.

Please, continue.