By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does it seem like the vita is getting more games than the 3ds?

Horrible, awful thread. This back and forth bickering over who has the most games is so petty and childish. It's like 2008 all over again. I'll never understand that. Pick the system you like, which has the games you like; there is no need to keep hating on the other.

The assertion that Vita games are over-hyped is also ridiculous. It's a Vita NEWS THREAD, what the hell are they supposed to do? NOT discuss newly announced titles? If 3DS fans don't want to talk about new 3DS games then that's their business, but to give Vita fans grief for doing it is pitiful. Personally, I think it's awesome that the Vita has such a nifty sense of community, with fans who are clearly enjoying their console. I'm sure there are other websites with great 3DS communities.

As far as why developers and publishers are working on Vita projects, that's pretty easy: it's a 'blue ocean' strategy. If everyone jumped on 3DS development, you'd see studios choked out by the competition at an alarming rate. It just makes sense to attempt to create a competing market.

Honestly, the over-zealous Vita haters we have on these forums do nothing but make the 3DS fanbase look bad. Yeah, I know it's only a few, the vocal minority, but the constant hating, the constant mockery and trolling, it's so classless. It's also the same individuals in every Vita thread who make the same smug comments. You'd think being on the side that is undisputedly on top would mean the hating would be less necessary, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

And all because one person said "it seems like to me," which could have been answered simply and without malice. What an embarrassing mess. This is why many people walk away from the gaming culture shaking their heads.

Around the Network

The Vita has the best 1st year lineup Ive ever seen. So many good games came out these past few months. Cant wait on Soul Sacrifice.

Soriku said:
Capcom and SE don't have vendettas against Sony. This is a really lame excuse to explain why they're not showing support. They're not showing support because the sales are bad, not because of some conspiracy. It's not like they're not supporting the PS3.

I agree with you.  I say the same thing when the silly conspiracy theories start up about EA and other third parties "hating" Nintendo, as if giant corporations would do anything that isn't profit motivated.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Nem said:

Its a ridiculous assumption. Half of the Vita games dont even leave Japan aswell.

From next years list see the difference:

For Vita:
Dragon's Crown
Killzone Mercenary (I'm especially excited for this one)
Soul Sacrifice
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

For 3DS:
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem (new footage from Nintendo Direct looks awesome)
Luigi's Mansion
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Brain Age

Vita: 2 Ports of PS3 games, im assuming thats a new Sly cooper as i dont follow the series, but it would be 3 exclusive Vita games.

3DS: 5 exclusive games and a port. Also these exclusives are the size of Castlevania, Luigi's mansion and Animal crossing and the port is no less than Monster Hunter 3G. The last 3 will probably outsell all exclusives Vita will have for the year. This is also not counting Bravely default wich has been trademarked already for the west.

The 3DS is a smashing sucess in Japan, its garanteed to have plenty more titles announced to it next year. I think this is just another case of denial. Dont get me wrong, i want a reason to buy a Vita. If it had full backwards compatibility i would already be planning to get one, but those argument are too weak and everyone can see through the desperation.

umm you do realize your list is incomplete for vita yes? I won't comment on the 3ds line up cuz honestly have no idea about what's coming to it other than a few titles. But yeah look up the vita games list for the coming year

and you are wrong actually. In fact the track record for localization of JP games for vita has been absolutely fantastic.

The list was made by one of the posters in this thread who made the point they both got great things coming for them. I have seen a full list of upcoming Vita games for 2013 and there really isnt much more than that. Add PSO2 (wich were unsure is gonna leave japan) and Tear to that basically.
Tell me when Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Hearts R and Ys 4 remake come over. I dont really care for Persona 4. Ragnarok Odyssey is ok but not something i'd buy a system for.

Soriku said:

Both lists are incomplete. 3DS also has Shin Megami Tensei IV, MH4, DQ VII. Vita also has Valhalla Knights 3, Muramasa, and Senran Kagura for the more notable titles.

The 3DS list is obviously stronger because of MH4/DQ VII alone, excluding other titles. But otherwise, make of that what you will.

sure sales wise it's no contest. And honestly I couldn't care less even if I tried. As long as I get good quality games on a consistent pace I will be happy. Vita list is also missing games like Tearaway, EDF, Guacamelee, One Piece, God Eater etc.

Honestly...just now read through some of the pages of this thread and the sheer hate is absolutely hilarious and sad. Both systems are getting good games....let's just be happy with that shall we? Unless you play sales or have something to gain from one system failing then this is just childish

and Ryan..seriously...if you like the vita games that's out and are coming out...get a vita and stop the whining..and I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. If you enjoy the vita thread..join us and discuss vita and its games. And contrary to popular belief the thread actually talks about issues vita has as well. When we bash sony for stupid shit they do we go all out (refer to E3 and TGS this year) But that won't stop us from enjoying the system. The games have been fantastic and plenty (I have at least 4 games I need to buy from those that are out already even). Vita owners have been enjoying it and it shows. The official thread has created a wonderful community and it shows. If people have issues with that then...well that speaks volumes about them now doesn't it?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Nem said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nem said:

Its a ridiculous assumption. Half of the Vita games dont even leave Japan aswell.

From next years list see the difference:

For Vita:
Dragon's Crown
Killzone Mercenary (I'm especially excited for this one)
Soul Sacrifice
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

For 3DS:
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem (new footage from Nintendo Direct looks awesome)
Luigi's Mansion
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Brain Age

Vita: 2 Ports of PS3 games, im assuming thats a new Sly cooper as i dont follow the series, but it would be 3 exclusive Vita games.

3DS: 5 exclusive games and a port. Also these exclusives are the size of Castlevania, Luigi's mansion and Animal crossing and the port is no less than Monster Hunter 3G. The last 3 will probably outsell all exclusives Vita will have for the year. This is also not counting Bravely default wich has been trademarked already for the west.

The 3DS is a smashing sucess in Japan, its garanteed to have plenty more titles announced to it next year. I think this is just another case of denial. Dont get me wrong, i want a reason to buy a Vita. If it had full backwards compatibility i would already be planning to get one, but those argument are too weak and everyone can see through the desperation.

umm you do realize your list is incomplete for vita yes? I won't comment on the 3ds line up cuz honestly have no idea about what's coming to it other than a few titles. But yeah look up the vita games list for the coming year

and you are wrong actually. In fact the track record for localization of JP games for vita has been absolutely fantastic.

The list was made by one of the posters in this thread who made the point they both got great things coming for them. I have seen a full list of upcoming Vita games for 2013 and there really isnt much more than that. Add PSO2 (wich were unsure is gonna leave japan) and Tear to that basically.
Tell me when Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Hearts R and Ys 4 remake come over. I dont really care for Persona 4. Ragnarok Odyssey is ok but not something i'd buy a system for.

Until you play Ragnarok with your friends you will have no idea what you are missing out on. We spent hours playing co op on that game. Simple game..but a lot of fun. I already told soriku some games you are missing.

Even if you are talking about western only games then really...like I said the in addition to the games announced expect a lot of localization reports. So far the record has been fantastic.

and please....if you honestly think the 3ds list outshines the vita list or something you are really reaching here. I can understand and respect if you those games are more appealing to you due to your personal tastes but there really isn't a big difference overall quality wise. I would argue the opposite but that won't lead to anything so let's just not.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

because the vIta thread is that boss!!! :p
someone from the nintendo side just create a "3DS Thread" and watch the magic flow!!!

arcane_chaos said:
because the vIta thread is that boss!!! :p
someone from the nintendo side just create a "3DS Thread" and watch the magic flow!!!

don't think the official threads that they have made so far have been that successful. Biggest reason is the lack of focus. an official nintendo thread makes no sense but a 3ds thread will help build a focused community.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Kenology said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Because Nintendo 1st party games are already choking 3rd parties' business on 3DS. Look at Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney...

Yeah, cherrypick one title and ignore all the other 3rd party games that put up decent numbers in 2012.  And PLvAA has only been out for one week and outsold Animal Crossing (1).  You're just spewing garbage, ryuzaki.

(1) Not sure I follow. Animal Crossing opened at something like 600k, it's now 1m+. Layton achieved a mere 130K. it can't just be series fatigue. You talk about decent numbers but Kingdom Hearts is 300Kish in Japan when KH Birth by Sleep was at 700k week 4. Resident Evil Revelations is under 300k while Racoon City is 350k and RE6 800k+ (with Revelations getting far better feedback). Project X Zone is still near 120k... I don't see much good news for 3rd parties on 3DS. Only SquareEnix and Capcom seem to do OK.

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:

Yea, PSV has a few games with scores 80-90 which is good, but nothing groundbreaking. Also, like Kenology said, the games aren't selling, so what if their good, if the market isn't interested in another LBP, then what good is it? Persona 4 is the only game to score above 90% on PSV, 3DS has 4 games with 90% or higher. Also Super Mario Land 3D is the only retail exclusive to score 90% or higher on the 8th gen handhelds.

I think, Vita for me, and judging by sales for most, just isn't getting the great games PSP had. I mean, on Metacritic, only 15 games score 80% or above on PSV, while 3DS has 21.

I don't really play PSN or XBL games because I find them too expensive for what you get (I mean I just bought Forza Horizon, a new console game, for $15), it's not like steam where old games go on discounts. So, removing PSN and eShop games, and removing ports or games available on other consoles (like Zero Escape from both), PSV only has 3 games and 3DS only has 5 games lol.

Both are kind of lacking, but to me it seems like 3DS has more coming out. I mean Tear Away, Soul Sacrifice, and Killzone vs. Dragon Quest VII, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, SMT IV, Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion, Bravery Default, Ace Attorney, etc.

I just wish Square Enix would make something new for Vita.

15 games above 80 for Vita in a year. 21 for 3DS in a 22 months...

True that, but look how much more 3DS has coming.

Vita's got a few good games, but nothing which is really a system seller. Sony needs to make a AAA handheld exclusive much like Nintendo made Super Mario 3D Land, or they need Square Enix to make something grand, like a Final Fantasy VII remake exclusive to Vita. Otherwise, with Sony's recent financial troubles, I'd be worried if the handheld will stay on the market.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results