By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nintendo announce the Wii U Creamium package

one for me LOLOLOLOLOL

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:

Are you actually forgetting what you said and the way you said it? Would you talk to somebody like that to their face? Seriously doubt it. I don't like the aggresive tone you are taking and I'm surprised that the forum lets you degrade it with your agressive OTT and pretentious style.

It's a random joke. I can see for some reason youre offended by the Iwata reference. That reference to him was for the mix up between the R&D staff and Iwata request for peripherals. They produced profiteroles because they sound similar, nothing more complicated than that. Iwata ran off like a mad man because maybe he's gone mad over the situation. I didn't mention that because I left it to the reader to draw that line. This is what started off the joke which lead to the creamium, creamium premium with extra chocolate, super profiterole land, whip up an excitement and keeping controller in fridge to keep fresh references. It's as simple as that.I ended it with the Iwata part to explain how the profiterole WiiU came to be and wrap it up. Maybe I wasn't in peoples face enough.

Random humour FTW.

As for the critism yeah maybe people don't like it, I can happily take that but what I won't take is you criticising my site because of a forum post and posting childish replies and acting juvenile. I had another kid saying I was a fanboy in another thread because of this thread. Maybe people feel like I'm taking a pop at Ninty or maybe few good replies have been added because it's been tainted by bad replies. People feel more compelled to be negative than positive.

Also If you want to give critism seriously, don't do it in a condescending manner.

But yes IF I make a joke about someone's character someday I will MAYBE use your advice on how to correctly make fun of someone. Thanx

You're taking massive offense to the criticism once again. Why don't you re-read my siilar example and see that perhaps I was showing you from a different view WHY the "joke" made no sense, that it was just a conglomerate of random stupidity and nonsense. And yes, the site was brought up as a highlight that, while you're posting absolute garbage here, at the same time you're trying to promote a site, which is actuallly becoming detrimental to your intentions of advertising it in a positive light. It's the same as acting like an absolute ass at the pub while still wearing your employee nametag, and then getting fired from your job because of it. You had 2 options, to take the criticism constructively and realise that this is only damaging your site's rep, or backlash at the criticism. You unfortunately chose the latter, which has only progressed the damage.

There's a difference between being offended by a part and using one particular part for reference. That's what you're remaining compltely oblivious about. In truth, the whole thing was dog turd, but I can also ask, since this is merely taking a homophone too far, is substituting "premium" for "creamium" supposed to be the funny part? Was there some previous reference to make the bridge, or was using a homophone the entire joke? The rest of the thing appears to be just taking this original part further and further, so if the original homophone didn't have a reason, then the whole thing collapses.

Random humor is only FTW if it's done properly. I'm suprised that somebody who grew up in the UK, with an absolute plethora of some of the best comedy shows in history all over the BBC during the 70s and 80s that this creamium thing could still even be considered close to humor.

If your answer to all of this criticism is "people are more compelled to be negative than positive", then that's just pure ignorance, and I'm sorry you seem to haven't learned a thing about constructive criticism. How would I know? Because now you're attempting to criticise my criticism! Wonderful! Keep this in mind, however; my criticism MAY have been condescending, but it worked. In fact, I appear to be the only critic that you've replied to in this entire thread. 

Oh and if you ask for my advice, I wouldn't give it to you. Why? Because unlike you, I'm not attemting to pass myself off as some kind of comedic creator. That's the difference here.

happydolphin said:

Dude, just shut up, the man has a right to share a joke with some friends without having you ruin his fun. GTFO.

Yeah he does, except he didn't exactly aim it at just his friends, did he? If he didn't want criticism, perhaps he should have aimed for something a little less public than a public forum. Besides, you're missing the entire point of the criticism, which I stated in the above reply, is to make the OP aware that his actions from this thread are having ramifications towards the site which he is trying to promote. Out of all of the ways he could have handled it, he chose to attack critics over it. How is this highlighting his site in a GOOD manner, I ask you?

fordy said:

You're taking massive offense to the criticism once again. Why don't you re-read my siilar example and see that perhaps I was showing you from a different view WHY the "joke" made no sense, that it was just a conglomerate of random stupidity and nonsense. And yes, the site was brought up as a highlight that, while you're posting absolute garbage here, at the same time you're trying to promote a site, which is actuallly becoming detrimental to your intentions of advertising it in a positive light. It's the same as acting like an absolute ass at the pub while still wearing your employee nametag, and then getting fired from your job because of it. You had 2 options, to take the criticism constructively and realise that this is only damaging your site's rep, or backlash at the criticism. You unfortunately chose the latter, which has only progressed the damage.

There's a difference between being offended by a part and using one particular part for reference. That's what you're remaining compltely oblivious about. In truth, the whole thing was dog turd, but I can also ask, since this is merely taking a homophone too far, is substituting "premium" for "creamium" supposed to be the funny part? Was there some previous reference to make the bridge, or was using a homophone the entire joke? The rest of the thing appears to be just taking this original part further and further, so if the original homophone didn't have a reason, then the whole thing collapses.

Random humor is only FTW if it's done properly. I'm suprised that somebody who grew up in the UK, with an absolute plethora of some of the best comedy shows in history all over the BBC during the 70s and 80s that this creamium thing could still even be considered close to humor.

If your answer to all of this criticism is "people are more compelled to be negative than positive", then that's just pure ignorance, and I'm sorry you seem to haven't learned a thing about constructive criticism. How would I know? Because now you're attempting to criticise my criticism! Wonderful! Keep this in mind, however; my criticism MAY have been condescending, but it worked. In fact, I appear to be the only critic that you've replied to in this entire thread. 

Oh and if you ask for my advice, I wouldn't give it to you. Why? Because unlike you, I'm not attemting to pass myself off as some kind of comedic creator. That's the difference here.

Ok I read the first sentence then didnt go past that. Leave it at that because thi is getting stupid. Peace out!

fordy said:
happydolphin said:

Dude, just shut up, the man has a right to share a joke with some friends without having you ruin his fun. GTFO.

Yeah he does, except he didn't exactly aim it at just his friends, did he? If he didn't want criticism, perhaps he should have aimed for something a little less public than a public forum. Besides, you're missing the entire point of the criticism, which I stated in the above reply, is to make the OP aware that his actions from this thread are having ramifications towards the site which he is trying to promote. Out of all of the ways he could have handled it, he chose to attack critics over it. How is this highlighting his site in a GOOD manner, I ask you?

LOL o god fordy you are still acting like a pretentious fool. Happy is right because the post is for fun. If you can't take a joke then please stop visiting and acting like some comic critic expert. That is all.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
fordy said:
happydolphin said:

LOL o god fordy you are still acting like a pretentious fool. Happy is right because the post is for fun. If you can't take a joke then please stop visiting and acting like some comic critic expert. That is all.

Why don't YOU answer the question instead? Do you think that spouting this tripe is having absolutely NO negative effect on a site that you're trying to promote, which I'm guessing you're an editor for? Would we be seeing more of this kind of stuff on your site or not?  Once again, you had many choices to make here, and your decision was to pass the blame to the critics. Shameful.

SWORDF1SH said:
fordy said:

Ok I read the first sentence then didnt go past that. Leave it at that because thi is getting stupid. Peace out!

You should have done that to begin with. Take the criticism constructively, don't shoot the messenger. Most sensible post you've made on this thread yet.

I thought it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

This thread is so frikin ridiculous haha, I can't help but laugh at it all. So thank you for that, let's keep it rolling.