By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nintendo announce the Wii U Creamium package

Euphoria14 said:

Even Mufasa in the background doesn't get it :)

Around the Network
fordy said:
SWORDF1SH said:
fordy said:

Let's try for something on a similar level of humour:

NEWS: With many American states recently supporting gay marriage, and after the recent statement by President Obama on his "evolved stance", Sony has taken the next step by announcing that it's upcoming PlayStation4 console will be renamed to GayStation4.

"We believe that this decision is something that everyone can 'get behind'", said Kaz Hirai, persident of Sony Corporation. "We know it's going to be a little hard at first, but over time people will soften to it and be able to take it in".

Hirai then went on to state that the GayStation4 would feature a multitude of new peripheral ports, specifically designed for taking all sizes and shapes of dongles available. "Of course, we cannot leave anyone behind, unless that's the position they want to be in", he adds.

the above took 2 minutes of stupid thought. If yours took just as long, I question the credibility of any website you've founded.

I might of laughed if it wasn't so vulgar. As for being similar, mine had profiteroles as the joke and yours was using vile and juvenile "gay" for your joke.

If that's an attempt to get back at me by using PlayStation as your joke then you have failed. I'd admit that PS is my console of choice but I wouldn't think twice about making a joke out of them for fun. Something you missed out in you "similar" attempt at a joke.

Seriously thought Fordy I am in no way trying to act malicous towards the WiiU and I no longer hate any platform. I even like the 360 these days lol. You can take shots at my website if you want but that's just another example of you getting personal because you saw something you didn't like which really isn't nice.

For those who enjoyed the light hearted joke, Thank you, I'm here all day! :)

My point is, there was really no punchline in it. I mean, what was the joke; replacing 'premium' with 'creamium' or something that tried to take it further? How are profiteroles the joke? How is Iwata running away screaming weird shit something funny? Whats the punchline in it?

I mean, there is actual joke humor and there's just plain silliness, which some people with no sense of humor laugh at. I'm sorry to tell you that this is the latter, and yes, mine was supposed to be the latter too, as a similar comparison. I made it, but didn't find it funny. I'm just showing how quick it is to make an article that is nothing but stupidity and contains no humor at all.

Oh, and I wouldn't ump to conclusions if I were you. I've already criticised the Wii U several times on this site, which shows that you have no idea why the criticism is relayed towards your 'joke'. It's quite sad really.

Fordy was just pointing out the lack of thought in your "joke." His criticism is valid.

fordy said:

My point is, there was really no punchline in it. I mean, what was the joke; replacing 'premium' with 'creamium' or something that tried to take it further? How are profiteroles the joke? How is Iwata running away screaming weird shit something funny? Whats the punchline in it?

I mean, there is actual joke humor and there's just plain silliness, which some people with no sense of humor laugh at. I'm sorry to tell you that this is the latter, and yes, mine was supposed to be the latter too, as a similar comparison. I made it, but didn't find it funny. I'm just showing how quick it is to make an article that is nothing but stupidity and contains no humor at all.

Oh, and I wouldn't ump to conclusions if I were you. I've already criticised the Wii U several times on this site, which shows that you have no idea why the criticism is relayed towards your 'joke'. It's quite sad really.

If you didn't see anything funny then why were you so offended by a simple forum post? Chill out. It's not an article btw, it's a spare time forum post. You shouldn't expect people to have the same humour as you and you shouldn't slate people that find something funny that you don't. To actually come onto a thread, slag off my website and then make out people shouldn't find it funny because you don't is absurb and not what I would expect from a more matured aged person like yourself. You should maybe set an example.

To actually act like you did means it was a little deeper than you not finding this funny, at least admit that. Normal people do not do that. There are a few joke in the thread somewhere. Maybe they're too subtle.

SWORDF1SH said:
fordy said:

If you didn't see anything funny then why were you so offended by a simple forum post? Chill out. It's not an article btw, it's a spare time forum post. You shouldn't expect people to have the same humour as you and you shouldn't slate people that find something funny that you don't. To actually come onto a thread, slag off my website and then make out people shouldn't find it funny because you don't is absurb and not what I would expect from a more matured aged person like yourself. You should maybe set an example.

To actually act like you did means it was a little deeper than you not finding this funny, at least admit that. Normal people do not do that. There are a few joke in the thread somewhere. Maybe they're too subtle.

So wait, you're trying to silence my criticism of your attempted joke, but still feel the need to play the "shouldn't slate people who do find it funny" card? Bullshit! You want to post something, you take the good AND the bad. There's no cherry picking opinions here, and the fact of the matter is, your "joke" showed absolutely NO structure towards a joke. It was more geared towards those stuplified attempts at a joke in which this WITH a sense of humour just feel awkward about, yet the ones with questionable senses of humor laugh hysterically at. Just check the replies: clearly a lot of people here who didn't get the joke, if that's what it was meant to be.

So tell me, once again, how is Iwata running away screaming "I am Iwata! I am Nintendo! Mwahahhaa" supposed to make people feel? Is it supposed to be funny? Let me tell you something, parody of a person is subtle and intricate. Placing a demented attitude on said person without any SOURCE of parody (ie a common link between the portrayal and the reality), is NOT humor. Using homophones WITHOUT any intricate link between them is NOT humor. I'm sorry, but this entire thread shows why you should NOT get into comedy. You're taking way too much offense at the criticism, but take it as a learning process and move on. This isn't kindergarden, where "everyone gets a medal" anymore. When reality hits, the shit attempts are deemed shit. 

wow that was sad.. was that joke written by a child? only children might find that funny.. but seriously tho.. lamo!

Around the Network
fordy said:
SWORDF1SH said:
fordy said:

So wait, you're trying to silence my criticism of your attempted joke, but still feel the need to play the "shouldn't slate people who do find it funny" card? Bullshit! You want to post something, you take the good AND the bad. There's no cherry picking opinions here, and the fact of the matter is, your "joke" showed absolutely NO structure towards a joke. It was more geared towards those stuplified attempts at a joke in which this WITH a sense of humour just feel awkward about, yet the ones with questionable senses of humor laugh hysterically at. Just check the replies: clearly a lot of people here who didn't get the joke, if that's what it was meant to be.

So tell me, once again, how is Iwata running away screaming "I am Iwata! I am Nintendo! Mwahahhaa" supposed to make people feel? Is it supposed to be funny? Let me tell you something, parody of a person is subtle and intricate. Placing a demented attitude on said person without any SOURCE of parody (ie a common link between the portrayal and the reality), is NOT humor. Using homophones WITHOUT any intricate link between them is NOT humor. I'm sorry, but this entire thread shows why you should NOT get into comedy. You're taking way too much offense at the criticism, but take it as a learning process and move on. This isn't kindergarden, where "everyone gets a medal" anymore. When reality hits, the shit attempts are deemed shit. 

Dude, just shut up, the man has a right to share a joke with some friends without having you ruin his fun. GTFO.

mmm Wii U

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Excellent! Can't stop laughing!!!! XD

fordy said:

Are you actually forgetting what you said and the way you said it? Would you talk to somebody like that to their face? Seriously doubt it. I don't like the aggresive tone you are taking and I'm surprised that the forum lets you degrade it with your agressive OTT and pretentious style.

It's a random joke. I can see for some reason youre offended by the Iwata reference. That reference to him was for the mix up between the R&D staff and Iwata request for peripherals. They produced profiteroles because they sound similar, nothing more complicated than that. Iwata ran off like a mad man because maybe he's gone mad over the situation. I didn't mention that because I left it to the reader to draw that line. This is what started off the joke which lead to the creamium, creamium premium with extra chocolate, super profiterole land, whip up an excitement and keeping controller in fridge to keep fresh references. It's as simple as that.I ended it with the Iwata part to explain how the profiterole WiiU came to be and wrap it up. Maybe I wasn't in peoples face enough.

Random humour FTW.

As for the critism yeah maybe people don't like it, I can happily take that but what I won't take is you criticising my site because of a forum post and posting childish replies and acting juvenile. I had another kid saying I was a fanboy in another thread because of this thread. Maybe people feel like I'm taking a pop at Ninty or maybe few good replies have been added because it's been tainted by bad replies. People feel more compelled to be negative than positive.

Also If you want to give critism seriously, don't do it in a condescending manner.

But yes IF I make a joke about someone's character someday I will MAYBE use your advice on how to correctly make fun of someone. Thanx

happydolphin said:

Dude, just shut up, the man has a right to share a joke with some friends without having you ruin his fun. GTFO.

Cheers happy. Appriceate that