By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google plus has recently overtaken twitter

man-bear-pig said:
Lol... Google + is nothing. It's the proverbial shit on twitters shoe

Why is Twitter walking around in shit? Oh, I guess that's just what it does..

:P

Around the Network
pezus said:
Twitter...never grabbed me. It's certainly a lot smaller here than it appears to be in America.

I'm pretty cold on most of these social network sites, but I've found Twitter useful as a news and blog aggregator. It puts almost all my web reading into one convenient feed which has a community of very talented developers making elegant and powerful front ends for it (a community which Twitter now seems to be trying to strangle to death). I browse headlines on whatever device I'm using at the moment, click through on the interesting ones, and save especially long/interesting articles to a "read later" service like Instapaper.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

kitler53 said:
define active?

i sign into gmail but that also signs me into google plus ... a service i never use.

Thus you're not active.

I use G+ everyday... mostly for the "what's hot" section. Great stuff on there.

I also use it to back-up and store all my pics and videos.

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
pezus said:
Twitter...never grabbed me. It's certainly a lot smaller here than it appears to be in America.

Twitter is amazing! Once you follow a good set of people it becomes great. I hardly ever use facebook anymore because of it

Do you mean celebrities and such? Meh, I prefer following friends and people I know (at least a bit) and so far, there aren't many such people on Twitter for me.

Lol..no. About 60% of people I follow are real life friends. The rest are comedians, interesting people and news sites

BasilZero said:
I thought if you had Gmail you instantly have a YouTube and Google+ accounts.

I have like 2-3 other gmails but I dont even use Google+ for them lol, just for my main account.

Nope.  I know they merged the YouTube accounts with your gmail awhile back but you can still have gmail with no g+.  You can even leave g+ while maintaining your gmail.  I belonged to g+ for a little (had 0 friends) and then left it after I realized I was still signed up for it.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
kitler53 said:
define active?

i sign into gmail but that also signs me into google plus ... a service i never use.

Thus you're not active.

I use G+ everyday... mostly for the "what's hot" section. Great stuff on there.

I also use it to back-up and store all my pics and videos.

That is one of my favourite features about G+ With the G+ app on your phone you can automatically upload all the pictures and videos you take. I'm sure it can be done other ways but with G+ it is just so easy.

kitler53 said:
define active?

"Meanwhile, less than half of those people (235 million) are actually using the service (+1′ing apps in Google Play, hanging out in Gmail, writing reviews in Maps, etc.)."

You are counted in those 235M :D

Interesting although they basically create g+ accounts for you/force you to make one.

I have my old YouTube account from before they were bought by google. Later they forced me to link it with a gmail account or I wouldn't be able to login. Then a g+ account was automatically created later by google for me, which I never use. I still only use that account for YouTube.

I also created a gmail account for work related emails. I only use it for that, but still another g+ account was created for me.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"