By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Jump Festa Lineup

I am interested in KH again since my KH games were lost (or stolen who knows). What is weird is I been seeing A LOT of KH in random places. My neighbor who normally plays new CoD games was playing KH. I went to a friends house to play in a SSBB tournament and the people in the other room were playing KH. I think SE not releasing a new KH, every 3 years is a dumb business decision lol.

Around the Network

Square is like a train wreck. Used to go along at supersonic speeds with what was at the time one of the most critically acclaimed and successful games of all time...and they had a formula that worked without growing stale and still let each new entry in the franchise to grow and be unique while still staying within the rails. they mixed things up a bit when the PS2 hit, and then they merged with Enix and the tracks got bumpy, but they kept going in a different direction, then they sucked some more so they picked up more train cars like Eidos...and now the square cars are all falling off the track, being dragged backwards by the ass by the other companies that are raping it.

And they have no idea what people want.

So now there's 2 games in jump festa debuting. Well, now I'm curious.

- King of pirates ( http://nintendoeverything.com/104016/king-of-pirates-monster-hunter-4-wii-u-games-playable-at-jump-festa-2013/ )
- Girozetter

Probably this too:

http://nintendoeverything.com/107665/namco-bandai-teases-project-versus-j/

Lightning Returns ? Yes please !

Though no gameplay was expected. Last time I read something about it the game was...35% finished or something ? Still lots to do, but it's likely going to be released in December or so.

theprof00 said:
Is birth by sleep even on psn yet?

Nope, but I would buy it if it were.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

not interested in any of those titles sadly lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Alara317 said:
Square is like a train wreck. Used to go along at supersonic speeds with what was at the time one of the most critically acclaimed and successful games of all time...and they had a formula that worked without growing stale and still let each new entry in the franchise to grow and be unique while still staying within the rails. they mixed things up a bit when the PS2 hit, and then they merged with Enix and the tracks got bumpy, but they kept going in a different direction, then they sucked some more so they picked up more train cars like Eidos...and now the square cars are all falling off the track, being dragged backwards by the ass by the other companies that are raping it.

And they have no idea what people want.

They do seem like a complete mess

They announce Versus XIII 5 years ago (ish) and then nothing...

They announce FF X HD, then don't mention it for over the next year

They create KH, a very popular franchise and release 2 top quality PS2 titles. They then put them on about 4 different handhelds and vaguely tease 3 for PS3...

They release FF Type-0 on PSP in Japan, but despite FF Crisis Core selling great outside Japan, they don't release it elsewhere
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7385/crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii/

They have managed to sort out Eidos's studious, but I don't know how much we can credit that to them. Also, they are capable of making good games at a reasonable speed, like XIII-2 and then they are going to get Lightning Returns before too long, which makes the lack of transparency over some of the other announced titles so annoying and confusing.

Versus XIII was revealed at E3 2006, over 6 freakin' years ago! While there have been a few snippets released here and there, nothing substantial has been shown of the game. Then there's Final Fantasy X HD, which I believe was announced at TGS 2011. It's been over a year and we have heard absolutely nothing about it. In that time, they have released FFXIII, announced and released XIII-2, announced and most likely releasing Lightning Returns, announced and most likely release Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD, and I'm sure even more I'm not remembering at the moment.

While I think Versus XIII will most likely sell a lot when it comes out, all of this delay and everything with the title will most likely kill some of the sales. Knowing Square and their poor decisions of late, they'll end up releasing it outside of Japan on the same day as a Call of Duty title.

Vinniegambini said:
Can we get this on the Wii U Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII :(

You are better without playing any abomination of the Lighting saga.

Square Enix isn't what it used to be. I wasn't their hugest fan in the glory days, but I looked forward to their games and I played them. Now, I read the articles but I can't expect anything great. They keep making a lot of silly decisions and their games seem to take a lot more to time to come out that I just seem to forget they exist anymore..

I replayed FF7 some time ago, got to mad levels. I actually liked FF12, and I know some people who did not like it. Since then, I haven't been able to get excited about anything they do anymore... just seems like natural decline for a company that got very overconfident as time went on.