By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Today To Focus On 2012 & Early 2013 Wii U And 3DS Games

Don't think any announcement will make me buy a WiiU this year, but you never know. I'll check it out tomorrow afternoon whenever I come back from a business trip.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
CCFanboy said:
keroncoward said:

I would love to see it on Wii U also. In fact i wouls love to see every multiplat on Wii U. I just dont believe the rumor was true that it will be exclusive. If it is true it wouldnt matter to me cause im getting it reguardless.

The only way that could be true is if nobody else is publishing it like bayonetta 2. Iwata has said they will be publishing games throughout the generation but I don't think devil's third will be one. I am expecting them to publish that rumored gran turismo copy. That has been rumored since early this year. But I am not expecting big announcements with published/first party exclusives. This will most likely be games in the launch window that haven't been announced yet.

What would cause a stir is grand theft auto v getting on there the same date as ps3 and 360.

I was going to mention the racing sim but i was not sure if anyone even remembered that rumor. If GTA does get a release date with PS3 and Xbox 360 then thats a very good sign for Wii U and third parties in the future. If watch dogs somehow happens to fall on the Wii U im sure rockstar would want to bring GTA cause the industry is getting very competitive.

Reggie just confirmed there'll be one too.

Well, now, Iwata... pick a bomb from your collection and drop one too!

North American Nintendo Direct confirmed

December 4th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay, Wii U | No Comments »

Nintendo of America will be joining NOE in tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct activities. Both divisions will be streaming broadcasts tomorrow… and at the same time apparently.

“Catch a new #NintendoDirectNA tomorrow at 9AM PT for more info on upcoming #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games!”

Tune in to this page (or Nintendo Everything!) for a stream of the event.

Source

This is exciting. I would imagine that Pikmin 3, Wondeful 101, and Lego City Undercover will be the stars, along with Luigi's Mansion. And maybe, if we're lucky, a surprise or two.

keroncoward said:

I was going to mention the racing sim but i was not sure if anyone even remembered that rumor. If GTA does get a release date with PS3 and Xbox 360 then thats a very good sign for Wii U and third parties in the future. If watch dogs somehow happens to fall on the Wii U im sure rockstar would want to bring GTA cause the industry is getting very competitive.

I remember it. Its supposedly done by the project gotham people under a new studio right?

For gta it would be pretty funny. If I'm being honest that is wishful thinking on my part because I'm on the boat that thinks it will get there later. But I can't see it missing because I still think that if nothing was coming of it rockstar would have denied it by now. Is sleeping dogs any good? I never played it.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Around the Network

I would definitely like to hear more about Luigi's Mansion. Especially would like to hear a release date. Had the game pre-ordered since March.

Legend of Paper Zelda please...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

CCFanboy said:
keroncoward said:

I remember it. Its supposedly done by the project gotham people under a new studio right?

For gta it would be pretty funny. If I'm being honest that is wishful thinking on my part because I'm on the boat that thinks it will get there later. But I can't see it missing because I still think that if nothing was coming of it rockstar would have denied it by now. Is sleeping dogs any good? I never played it.

I was not talking about Sleeping Dogs. I was refering to Watch dogs (Ubisoft's unreleased game they teased at E3) You should check out the gameplay trailer if you have not seen it yet. If that makes its way on Wii U Rockstar will have no choice.

Maybe one first-party Wii U game will be announced, like Yoshi's Island, but don't expect anything big. It'll most likely be new trailers/ info on already announced games like Pikmin 3. Nintendo always saves big reveals for E3.

Nintendo also needs to give some clarity on when all these big 3DS games are coming to the West... Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing all are promised before June 2013. That's one new game roughly every eight weeks.

Broadly speaking about 2013 in general... it's about time for Alphadream to be ready to talk about Mario & Luigi 4, and Nintendo should be able to say at E3 whether they've finally made up their mind to make a sequel to Link to the Past, a Majora's Mask remake for 3DS, or both.  Either way, if Grezzo is making Majora's Mask as they did OoT, late 2013 launch should give them a nice two year development cycle.

VicViper said:

Reggie just confirmed there'll be one too.

Well, now, Iwata... pick a bomb from your collection and drop one too!

North American Nintendo Direct confirmed

December 4th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay, Wii U | No Comments »

Nintendo of America will be joining NOE in tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct activities. Both divisions will be streaming broadcasts tomorrow… and at the same time apparently.

“Catch a new #NintendoDirectNA tomorrow at 9AM PT for more info on upcoming #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games!”

Tune in to this page (or Nintendo Everything!) for a stream of the event.

Source

Yay!