By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC owners, post your 3D Mark 11 Benchmark

zuvuyeay said:
are a few of you using big external drives or am i reading these hard drive sizes wrong 3 of them are under 160gb

Those are SSDs probably.

Around the Network
Mohasus said:
zuvuyeay said:
are a few of you using big external drives or am i reading these hard drive sizes wrong 3 of them are under 160gb

Those are SSDs probably.

ahh right,yes they are,this is what people have now i've ntoiced for some users on here

so i assume they are ally fast then and tehy use other storage methods,i'll be wanting the better eqipment when i get my new PC soemtime next year

Above & Beyond

dahuman said:
Heavenly_King said:

Here are my results : link

My PC sucks? I dont understand any number lol XD

Having more RAM will increase my performance??

I don't understand why you have a 920 and only 2 sticks of memory o_O; wtf?

Because I am not a tech dude, and I dont know much stuff :P.   So If I add more RAM what kind of things will get better in my PC??

CGI-Quality said:
Heavenly_King said:
pezus said:
Heavenly_King said:

You don't understand any number yet your PC is quite great!

thanks! I know some things, and most of the times I know that a higher number means better performance, specially in memory and model of certain peace of hardware LMAO! XD.   So when I bought my GPU I wanted it to have the more gbs possible XD. (bought it months before Nvidia released  the GTX590....FU NVIDIA >_<)

Every game I have tried can run on max like BF3 and the Witcher 2.   Both run smooth so I dont think I have any severe FPS drops.   I wonder what is the purpose for today´s games to have a computer like the one of CGI?

I know that RAM is for multitasking, but can it enhance my graphical performance?? Or it does not have any effect??

A PC like mine isn't needed, but I went for so much power because I do much more than gaming. That said, it is why I'm not done, my current build was just a prototype for the real thing (an appetizer, if you will).

you are building Skynet O_o

As you can see... pretty pathetic http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5093071?loginkey=58TEichiQyJRZm0Hvt0ZYw

especially my E8400 >.>
though that's hardly new to me.

Around the Network
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4581614

Somebody else that beat me, though I don't know how, lol. I thought the test was based on specs/capability. That said, he beat me in overall score, but his physics/combined scores are behind mine.

Actually, I don't understand this. Why is his processor only clocked at 1.6 GHz?? It's the same processor as mine as far as I know and I have mine at 3.4 Gz

probably 16.000 MHz ;)

Heavenly_King said:
dahuman said:
Heavenly_King said:

I don't understand why you have a 920 and only 2 sticks of memory o_O; wtf?

Because I am not a tech dude, and I dont know much stuff :P.   So If I add more RAM what kind of things will get better in my PC??

i7-920 has triple channel memory support, so you are not getting the best performance unless you have 3 sticks of memory in your system. I wouldn't worry about going super high if you are just going to run games on it so another 2GB of the same spec at el cheapo price should do it.

pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:

Somebody else that beat me, though I don't know how, lol. I thought the test was based on specs/capability. That said, he beat me in overall score, but his physics/combined scores are behind mine.

Actually, I don't understand this. Why is his processor only clocked at 1.6 GHz?? It's the same processor as mine as far as I know and I have mine at 3.4 Gz

He's running 2 cards SLI, any dual card setup would generally beat a single dual GPU card setup and 660s are good cards so that's not surprising. The CPU clock just means that he has it setup in a more power saving way but it kicks to the max when under stress anyways.

zuvuyeay said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5091329

For those who cares ^^.
I partipate in e-peen race.... Can't believe it. :facepalm:

KB : G15 (I have it since 2k7 yay ^^)

M : M70 with trackball

Edit : playing The Witcher 2 in full settings, but ubersampling deactivated. The card doesn't dare run the second fan ! Hard Reset maxed out too.

it looks good to me your e-peen is 4 times the size of mine,hopefully i grow a bit next year

My setup includes a 80GB SSD as my primary drive (Windows, software, antivirus... ), one HDD for various stuff movies, muzik, one HDD for work and as My documents and all the waste I get from ze Interwebz. And a second SSD specifically for games only (Crucial m4 256Gb, Can't recommand that baby enough)

Really, you should now use a SSD as primary drive and a HDD for the rest. This makes your computer much faster.

Btw, has anybody any feedback on hybrid drive (Revodrive), or SSD-cached HDD ? Is it a nice solution ? At the moment, the only big drawback of using SSD alongside HDD is, when you need to access one of your HDD, it needs to start spinning before accessing the datas because it was in idle start cause I wasn't using it. So I've a super fast computer BUT if I don't use the HDD. Anybody as an idea about type of HDD that can stay idle and spinning ?

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:

He's running 2 cards SLI, any dual card setup would generally beat a single dual GPU card setup and 660s are good cards so that's not surprising. The CPU clock just means that he has it setup in a more power saving way but it kicks to the max when under stress anyways.

Wasn't aware of that. Even more, wasn't aware that two of those cards could beat a single 690 when 680 SLI barely does it

The amount of OC you can get from a 660 card is pretty ridiculous so it's not really an issue(you can OC the 680s pretty well too, thought outside of PhysX, I see no reason for Nvidia for gaming since the price performance ratio is usually pretty uneven), the limiting factor is usually the PCIE bandwidth and PCIE2 was running out usually at more than 2 cards unless you had another controller to handle that on more expensive motherboards, it's better with PCIE3 so you will see 690 having a better turn out but that's still only doubled per lane and the most important equation is the cooling and power requirements on a single card vs dual card, in a lot of cases, you just can't run a single dual GPU card as high due to heating and power issues whereas you have more head room to OC  single GPU cards on more stable power and vent heat better as well.

Of course, you could always do a good liquid cooling setup that connects your CPU, RAM, and your GPU+the GDDR RAM and clock the shit out of those, not exactly required but if you want to have some fun, that's how you do it, just make sure you have a board that won't shit on you in like a year lol.