By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will there be a Smash Bros shortage?

I hope not. I am gonna reserve my copy tomorrow.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Around the Network

^a bit late to reserve

wiiforever said:
^a bit late to reserve

Uh...no it's not.  We've got til March 9.  You can reserve a game at any time...there's no deadline.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Honestly, yes.

Now, I'm not sure how true this is. Supposibly, they were not able to meet the demand, and it wont be another week till they get more. The US bought ~2x more Melee copies then Japan. The demand for Brawl is going to be rediculas here, so I think that demand won't be fully meet.

(sorry for the bad spelling. Also, this is Smashchu. I can't seem to log into my other account)

i dont think there will be anything close to a shortage for this game

games that have shortages are the ones that are packed in with peripherals and surprise hits or sometimes better than expected sales like cod 4 being sold out for the first 2 weeks

Halo 3 had at least 5 mil at launch just to avoid shortage

nintendo shouldn't expect anything less than at least 1.5 mil for first week so unless al those rumors about nintendo purposely under supplying is true i dont think we will see anything close to a shortage

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
wiiforever said:
^a bit late to reserve

Uh...no it's not. We've got til March 9. You can reserve a game at any time...there's no deadline.

i thought most stores were full of preorders (can't even fill all at launch)

It might be hard to get during the first week after day 1. Thankfully, I will be getting my copy the first day.

^how do u know? did u preorder it? even if u did, there might be shortages to fill preorders

Not that I will care about. I have three copies pre-ordered.

And no, it's called "stockpiling" and Nintendo is very good at it.

^y three copies?