By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 UP YOY in USA with NO big exclusives. What gives?

Why was the PS3 up YOY in USA during BF week?

Great bundle deals and discounts 198 45.41%

New exclusive games (All ... 21 4.82%

More PS3 advertising 15 3.44%

A combination of multiple factors 136 31.19%

Other 16 3.67%

See results 48 11.01%

Total:434
kowenicki said:
drkohler said:
kowenicki said:

.. but please cut the bs. What is your prediction for how much down the PS3 and 360 will finish the year?   

"cut the bs"?? He answered with three points everybody agrees on here. You should really behave, Kovenicki. Everybody that reads your posts knows you absolutely hate anything positive Sony does, but your answer is not warranted at all. Don't change the subject, either (as we all see how frustrated you are).

(Yes I know I get banned everytime for critisizing Kowenicki, but so be it).

lmao.  I am ON the subject.  This thread is about being "UP YOY" in the US.  I am asking how much it will finish up or down YOY.  Care to answer? or derail and insult as per usual?

Title is misleading.  PS3 is massively down YOY in the US.  This title represents one week.

2.71m 2012 thus far

3.41m 2011 to Nov 26th

So its down YOY by 21%

The 360 and the PS3 will have a big down this year and will start to look very, very bad next year.

Very true and typical of the end of a generation. Having said that, it's positive that both consoles are selling this well this late in the generation. The "10-year" plan Sony were touting at the start of the gen will likely be true for both 360 and PS3 even after they release their new consoles.

Around the Network
pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
slowmo said:
So ultimately despite all the talk in here it still has been massively outsold by the 360 and will not sell more than it for the entire holiday season despite having a new model available and loads of Bundles?

We could do the favourite thing of Sony fans and do launch alignment sales in the US but that makes it look even worse as it means the 360 sold 100% more then, strange how that's not brought up in these threads.

I would say the reason it is up is due to the new model and aggressive bundling and pricing by Sony for BF. I expect sales to be back down yoy as the deals expire imo

Well these are the only weeks of the year where 360 even has a chance. Can't win them all. PS3 will win the last two weeks of the year though.

Is the new model going to expire? The bundles are not going to expire as far as I know (at least not all of them). 

Refresh my memory here, didn't MS temporarily cut the price of their console for the holidays at Gamestop

The thread is about US figures if you want to bring WW  into it I'll report you for trolling off topic.  How many weeks has the PS3 outsold 360 in the last 2 years in the US?    The topic is US numbers, it will not outsell the 360 in the US this year...

I know full well what the topic is about, just as well as you should know that USA is MS territory, but 360 being down and PS3 up is at least positive for Sony.

Being up yoy is not a negative and I deliberately didn't post in the thread initially as it was a fair point that they did manage to be up yoy.  When idiots starting bashing the 360 sales though and making out like this on its own was a huge achievement I felt it was time to add some balance.  At the end of the day they're still getting killed in the US by Microsoft so it's not bad for MS that Sony did less worse than last year in relation to the 360.  The only merit to this baiting thread is it actually questions why they sold well given the circumstances which is why I tried to nor bother posting hoping that people would talk about the actual relevant points.

Wonderbook probably. I was in my local gaming store earlier and it was sold oot! People were pissed.

pezus said:
platformmaster918 said:
pezus said:

Excuse me, what part of my post was bullshit? Are you talking about USA only or WW numbers?

Funny that you would tell me to cut the bullshit when the one I was replying to said "I fully believe that 360 will be the best seller of 2012 worldwide with ease".

oh hey thanks for your profile pic.  I just put it on my facebook for the holidays :)

You should thank Miz, our photoshop master, instead ;o

he Christmasifys avatars?  So I can ask him to Christmasify a Ratchet and Clank pic and he'll do it?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
slowmo said:
So ultimately despite all the talk in here it still has been massively outsold by the 360 and will not sell more than it for the entire holiday season despite having a new model available and loads of Bundles?

We could do the favourite thing of Sony fans and do launch alignment sales in the US but that makes it look even worse as it means the 360 sold 100% more then, strange how that's not brought up in these threads.

I would say the reason it is up is due to the new model and aggressive bundling and pricing by Sony for BF. I expect sales to be back down yoy as the deals expire imo

Well these are the only weeks of the year where 360 even has a chance. Can't win them all. PS3 will win the last two weeks of the year though.

Is the new model going to expire? The bundles are not going to expire as far as I know (at least not all of them). 

Refresh my memory here, didn't MS temporarily cut the price of their console for the holidays at Gamestop

The thread is about US figures if you want to bring WW  into it I'll report you for trolling off topic.  How many weeks has the PS3 outsold 360 in the last 2 years in the US?    The topic is US numbers, it will not outsell the 360 in the US this year...

I know full well what the topic is about, just as well as you should know that USA is MS territory, but 360 being down and PS3 up is at least positive for Sony.

Being up yoy is not a negative and I deliberately didn't post in the thread initially as it was a fair point that they did manage to be up yoy.  When idiots starting bashing the 360 sales though and making out like this on its own was a huge achievement I felt it was time to add some balance.  At the end of the day they're still getting killed in the US by Microsoft so it's not bad for MS that Sony did less worse than last year in relation to the 360.  The only merit to this baiting thread is it actually questions why they sold well given the circumstances which is why I tried to nor bother posting hoping that people would talk about the actual relevant points.

Around the Network
pezus said:
slowmo said:

You said this before...I want to ask you though who was bashing 360 in here?

Apart from the guy who got banned lol?

pezus said:
slowmo said:
pezus said:
slowmo said:

You said this before...I want to ask you though who was bashing 360 in here?

Apart from the guy who got banned lol?

Who got banned? I just scrolled through the thread and saw no one banned.

I was referring to reaverx but he isn't banned, my bad. 

I read 7 pages and there was still no agreement on this, lol. But like some people said, it gotta be the cheap slim bundles.

UnknownFact said:
I read 7 pages and there was still no agreement on this, lol. But like some people said, it gotta be the cheap slim bundles.

do urself a favor go to settings make the it 100 posts per page

OT: Its only going to keep going up until the release of the ps4. People are starting to see the value the ps3 brings with ps+ and the amazing line of games. 

There has been a great deal of advertising here for the PS3. Also I Think the bundle with Assassin's Creed III was a smart move. It's be advertised almost as much as the election stuff.

And some could be people, like me, that were disappointed with the Super Slim, Slim, so they went and bought out the ol'Slim so they wouldn't be stuck with a silly and inconvenient top loading player. (Although I didn't buy it.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!