By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Ascension Graphics Improved!

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:

I fail to see an improvement over GOW3 :(

I don't.

You can see that GOW3 face has a lot more detail...and why did you use E3 2009 demo pic? 

And you can somehow say his face looks better...but GOW3 overall character model is unmatched, even today !

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:

I fail to see an improvement over GOW3 :(

I don't.

You can see that GOW3 face has a lot more detail...and why did you use E3 2009 demo pic? 

And you can somehow say his face looks better...but GOW3 overall character model is unmatched, even today !

trust me, just wait until you see the final game. ascension will look WAY better. there 3 years apart man and santa monica know their shit. remember how god of war 3 looked when they first showed it compared to the final product.

^I agree. Even now, everything looks better than GOW3, except Kratos himself :(

The shading model's been improved. It's not too noticeable but Kratos' model has more polygons now, you can tell by his shoulder. His model has just been more refined not a big leap.

also to note...he isn't ANGRY in that pic..in a weird way it makes me happy for him lol about damn time

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:

i think its more to do with him being younger, and less angry.

so he has less facial tension, and creases in the face. not less detail. he is less scarred, and has smoother skin.

Kratos looks a lot better in God of War: Ascension. Look at how smooth his character model is and the incredibly high texture detail, also look at his eyebrows now they're much sharper and his skin in general looks a lot more realistic. http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/557047-god-of-war-iii-playstation-3-screenshot-main-menu-s.jpg Still one of the best in-game character models on console and PC but God of War: Ascension is a clear step better. Also, holy shit God of War: Ascension is looking absolutely beautiful! It's so far ahead of everything else on console it's absurd! Sony Santa Monica is easily one of the best developers in the world, God of War: Ascension is my most anticipated game and I can't wait to see what their new IP is going to be like (other than amazing that is).

M.U.G.E.N said:
SnakeDrake said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Hope the beta will start soon for the MP..also hope spartans will WHOOP Trojan ass! (referring to the online game that's going on now to determine early access to the beta)

You bastard I should of known. Like the walls of our home in our blood the Trojans will not fail.

:P

but seriously I think they will let both sides in on the beta early

Our walls has fallen the spartans has won T_T

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Ok so the Sony exclusive graphics love affair in here is annoying

That being said GOW3 is hands down one of my favorite games this generation and as long as Ascension single player lives up to that this game will be mind blowing

killerzX said:
Player1x3 said:

i think its more to do with him being younger, and less angry.

so he has less facial tension, and creases in the face. not less detail. he is less scarred, and has smoother skin.

He uses Nivea for men XD