By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Ascension Graphics Improved!

Tagged games:

Aldro said:
Heavenly_King said:
Aldro said:
Heavenly_King said:
Mad55 said:
IF they improve gameplay which I feel they didn't on GOW3 then ill be happy. The graphics for this game don't really matter as much to me.

gameplay wise GOW3 is the best of all the GOW games. It Is the most refined.     The combat elements are based on the same core aspects, but are much, much better.

In GOW:Ascension the combat is a lot faster, less QTEs, the ability to grab the weapon of a fallen enemy, the ability to punch and kick the enemy, the grapples are different now, and so on.  So far for me the gameplay is looking to be the best gameplay in the whole franchise.

Well.. QTEs do exist.. they are just toned down.

The elephant minigame is not QTE.  So far everything they have shown doest not feature QTEs. .....Maybe the running and jumping on the acuatic monster are QTEs though ¬_¬.

Um i was thinking about the execution of the statue looking dude with his hammer and the minotaur at the start of the demo. You press buttons and Kratos does his usual stuff. In minotaurs case -> cuts both legs, stabs stomach with his own sword. In statue case -> pretty much identical from gow 3s steal hammer, left hit, right hit, middle. Watch the demo again :p

oh, damn.  I forgot somehow XD

Around the Network

Pretty impressive

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Heavenly_King said:

How they can make graphics better than in GOW3, and have 3D? O_o......I wonder how it would look without 3D ^_^

Probably the graphics will just scale down a little in 3D. KZ3 does it (less antialiasing) and Uncharted 3 too (lightning gets simpler). Anyway, I didn't knew that it would be in 3D, can't wait for it!

Heavenly_King said:
Mad55 said:
IF they improve gameplay which I feel they didn't on GOW3 then ill be happy. The graphics for this game don't really matter as much to me.

gameplay wise GOW3 is the best of all the GOW games. It Is the most refined.     The combat elements are based on the same core aspects, but are much, much better.

In GOW:Ascension the combat is a lot faster, less QTEs, the ability to grab the weapon of a fallen enemy, the ability to punch and kick the enemy, the grapples are different now, and so on.  So far for me the gameplay is looking to be the best gameplay in the whole franchise.

Yea I can say 3 was more polished than 1 or 2but it felt really sammy. Ascension does look more varied and there are less QTE's im hopeful. I liked GOW 1 and 2 alot and thought 3 was just alright.excpept for the grahics they were incredible. 

Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Around the Network

Alright if you are in the NY area go to Madison Ave and 54 st. This is the Sony Corp. building in New York and they have a store on the lobby area. Well I was there today and I played GOW A single player demo, Sly 4 and Book of spells. The GOW demo had my jaw on the floor the whole time, nothing new thought, it's the demo from E3, but I was surprised how fun, smooth, and fast the gameplay was. Square and triangle buttons are the same, but circle is for the equipped weapons or punch and kick. I don't know if you can disarm enemies but when you have a one-handed sword combined of the Blade of Chaos... oh mannn. Soooo gooood. The R1 now is for the tethering chains, once you are tethered (only small enemies I think) you press square to hit him or triange to use him to hit other, and i think circle is to pull yourself to him. Once you combine all of this plus all the standard GOW combos it's a thing of beauty. It's amazing, now at least I dont have to buy total recall blue-ray :P

Sorry double post 

ASCENSION MP IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PS+ get it bitchez xD

Still looks amazing. I bet they have made even more improvements since these screens were released. SO HYPED

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros