By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it

Gilgamesh said:
Demon's Souls sold 38K first week and went on to do 1.6 million, Valkyria Chronicles did 78K first week and sold over a million. It's barely first week numbers we have America and the UK (A place that sells similar to America) and sales are already about 130K+.

This is clearly a stealth troll thread as usual so this needs to be locked, if sales continue to fail revive it in a months time, that's fine, but as for now this thread means nothing and is purely here to troll users. No game can be judged after half a first weeks sales, at least give the game a chance to sell.

Those games didn't have much hype at launch, but great reviews allowed them to do well in the long term. PSASBR had a lot of hype at launch, but got mixed reviews. It will probably reach around 700k lifetime sales.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

But it's sure to do much better than that Call of Duty : Declassified game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

there are already bundles now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009DYE3JI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009DYE3JI&linkCode=as2&tag=infatgamer-20

sry for that ref link i have that link from examiner.

Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:

No i think it's a flop because it is not that good of a game and it will not be recieved well and how much it sells will show a lot of this.  You won't hear me say games like ModNation is a flop because i think it's a good game and it profited.  This game is not, but I still do hope it profits for future installments and  i wish the best to the developers

So because you *think* its not a good game (many people disagree), and you *think* it won't be received well, and you *think* it'll have weak legs, that gives you the right to call it a flop now? Okay.

I don't know why you are saying *you*  If you are going to have a debate with me back up what you say by using factual examples.  In the mean time if I was the only one who thought this then the score would be a little higher than this. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

if you ever wonder why I don't respect you this would be the reason.  Your arguments are tainted with accusations  and you are basing your arguments around what?  I gave an opinion which of at this moment has held up to be true.  My predictions has been correct so until the moment that they are wrong don't come at me in this manner.  The moment it sells more than 900k then come back and tell me how wrong I am.  Or in the mean time give me reasons you think it will do better instead of telling me I'm wrong because I havent been yet.

Flanneryaug said:
Gilgamesh said:
Demon's Souls sold 38K first week and went on to do 1.6 million, Valkyria Chronicles did 78K first week and sold over a million. It's barely first week numbers we have America and the UK (A place that sells similar to America) and sales are already about 130K+.

This is clearly a stealth troll thread as usual so this needs to be locked, if sales continue to fail revive it in a months time, that's fine, but as for now this thread means nothing and is purely here to troll users. No game can be judged after half a first weeks sales, at least give the game a chance to sell.

Those games didn't have much hype at launch, but great reviews allowed them to do well in the long term. PSASBR had a lot of hype at launch, but got mixed reviews. It will probably reach around 700k lifetime sales.

Reviews? since when does that sell a game, word of mouth alowed them to do so well, everyone that played it loved the game.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Look at you people rejoicing that someone's hard work didn't pay off as well it should have. Bravo.

Yup. It's the internet alright. Imho, these are by no mean terrible sales. I'm sure it will do fine. I expect at least 1m LT

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:

I called it! Bad games don't sell well or get reviewed well. Very simple. Pfft, people predicting this to be a multi million seller and to get 85+ metacritic.  Yeah a 75

wtf...now you're calling it a bad game? Shame on you

I'll edit it and say average.

Gilgamesh said:
Flanneryaug said:
Gilgamesh said:

Reviews? since when does that sell a game, word of mouth alowed them to do so well, everyone that played it loved the game.

Don't mistake sony loyalist in forums for the mass amount of people

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Seeing BO2 on PS3, PS3 gamers are there. They just like to buy multiplats and dont see PS3 exclusives worth their time, unless its a big name one.

The reality completely flies in the face of the internet consensus that Sony is loved for their variety.

Isn't that the exact same thing that goes for 360? It just so happened that Sony didn't release any big name exclusives this year, while MS only had Halo.

360 had other games as well. But yes they sell far less then the big name games like Halo. But MS learned their lesson from releasing random exclusives.

If its not a big name exclusive.....there really is no point making it retail anymore. Make it a PSN game or something.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Areym said:

Ah crap. I wonder why. The game is great, it's not without flaws but it does so many things right. I figured the announced free DLC would help out a bit but I guess not. I will still hold up for a sequel in later years.

Another good game snuffed from glory. I'm a sucker for flops I suppose.

EDIT: that BO2 comparison is a load of bull. While most alot of PS3 players are playing the game (at least 10+ people are everyday in my friendlist at once) you can't fairly compare the two. Compare it to the original smash bros or brawl, or TTT2, or any revelant fighting/multiplayer.

A comparison to Brawl wouldn't be too flattering either, Brawl sold 1.35m first week in NA, 0.24m in Europe and 0.84m in Japan.

I do agree the game's great though!

Signature goes here!