By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it

pezus said:
Barozi said:
pezus said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/13108/infamous/USA/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12390/littlebigplanet/USA/

There is just so much wrong with that comparison and you know it.

Not exactly. I'm using this as proof that many Sony games open low but leg it out to the millions. Some people here are saying this game won't reach a million LT, which makes me laugh.

You forgot Uncharted! It started with 25k in the US.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12778/uncharted-drakes-fortune/USA/

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/13108/infamous/USA/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12390/littlebigplanet/USA/

As I've said I respect you because you back up what you say.  Jay does not.  

Anyways LBP and InFamous were both recieved at a higher degree.  I'd Say this game is more around ModNation Racers area than those games.  

What matters most in terms of legs is how gamers see the game, and so far the reaction has been very positive (Metacritic users, Amazon buyers, forum people).

You are talking about the internet where pretty much every exclusive title gets hyped to hell by fans.  You know that is true too.

Not really. Look at Starhawk, Move Games, Playstation Heroes (or whatever it was called) and so many other exclusives. There are tons of examples. This had legitimate hype. Kratos, DMC, Nathan, Cole, etc. We're talking about huge franchises.

Sony fans do this with every exclusives on this site, overhype them as a multimillions seller and then when it fail to do so they claim only fools taught the game would do good numbers and they blame Sony for the lack of advertisement

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

pezus said:
I'm saving some of the responses here for the 1m sales celebration. This is all too common with PS3 exclusives...

Yup. I'll be bookmarking this thread as well.

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:

What matters most in terms of legs is how gamers see the game, and so far the reaction has been very positive (Metacritic users, Amazon buyers, forum people).

You are talking about the internet where pretty much every exclusive title gets hyped to hell by fans.  You know that is true too.

That is not correct. Just look at Halo 4 on Amazon (4 stars) or metacritic (6.5). Forza Horizon (4 stars). NSMBU (4 stars). LBPKarting (4 stars).  Starhawk (4 stars). Twisted Metal (4 stars). All this while PSAS has 4.5 stars. You would expect some Nintendo/Smash Bros fans to downplay the game, but it looks like it's ineffective.

like i said, i also believe word of mouth will sell some units but the downplay of smash brother fans isn't ineffective, they just didn't downplay it on amazon like you see if you search for the percentual amount of 1 or 2 star reviews. psasbr has only 2 out of 45 reviews with one or two stars, that's not even 5%.so which smash brother fans did that? maybe 2.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

So because you *think* its not a good game (many people disagree), and you *think* it won't be received well, and you *think* it'll have weak legs, that gives you the right to call it a flop now? Okay.

I don't know why you are saying *you*  If you are going to have a debate with me back up what you say by using factual examples.  In the mean time if I was the only one who thought this then the score would be a little higher than this. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

if you ever wonder why I don't respect you this would be the reason.  Your arguments are tainted with accusations  and you are basing your arguments around what?  I gave an opinion which of at this moment has held up to be true.  My predictions has been correct so until the moment that they are wrong don't come at me in this manner.  The moment it sells more than 900k then come back and tell me how wrong I am.  Or in the mean time give me reasons you think it will do better instead of telling me I'm wrong because I havent been yet.

Again, many people think a 76 is still a good game. YOU are in the minority if you think 76 is a bad game.

And that's not how claims work. YOU are the one that made the claim would not sell over 900k. You're claim isn't just to be held true until proven wrong. You have to tell why it will be true. If your reasoning is faulty, other people can tell you why. And the reasons you gave are weak. You're first reason, you think 76 is a bad game is purely subjective. You're second reason, you think it'll have weak legs, doesn't seem plausable based on first week sales.

A 76 Metascoer with 130 FW in USA does not suggest LT sales under 900k. As a prime example, look at Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, which released last year. It had  a Metascore of 70 (lower than PABR) and opened in USA at 66k (much lower than PABR), yet it's already at over 900k after one year. It's lifetime sales will be over 1m.

Plenty of games, especially Sony games, are like All 4 One and PABR. They have Metascores in the range of 70-79 that sell less than 300k FW. Yet plenty of them still go on to sell 1-2m. So far, PABR is following that pattern. This game will live or die on word of mouth. From what I've heard, most people seem to like it.

And I don't certainly don't wonder if you respect me LOL. I don't care

First off it is a 75 not a 76. 

Secondly without bundles Im still calling 700k-900k.  This is not some well known franchise like Ratchet and Clank.  Yes it has recognizeable characters but that doesn't mean it will sell either.  This has not got good reviews and the majority of the time when games get reviewed badly (hardcore)  they don't sell well.  People using LBP, Uncharted, and InFamous are also leaving out that they are well recieved from both fans and critics.

When this game was merely rumoured, it was suggested by some that this was something that Sony fans had been requesting for years.

Here we are upon release in one of the biggest weeks of the year with low sales, and that seems rather silly now.

VGChartz

Ah, I see Pezus is doing his community management work.

JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
so a new game selling 130K in usa in its first week is a MAJOR flop? sony haters are unbelievable sometiems

For what people made it out to be yeah it is.  I don't know about Rol or where his loyalties stand but this has nothing to do with hating sony, at least on my part.  This has something to do with the ridiculous predictions for this game.

yes, turkish's 5 million sales predictions is ludacris if you ask me, for example uncharted 3 just this week broke that milestone. but i dont see how this is a MAJOR flop. in a week were discounted games and discounted systems dominate sales, i dont see how a new 60$ game well sell very well. 130 is pretty good for a new game like all stars, legs will define its sales, but in no way is it a major flop, or even a flop actually. its just ok sales

I don't know all the people's predictions but Turkish is pretty unrealiable lol  Congrats to Uncharted 3 by the way, great game :D  And no I dont think it is a major flop, but a flop for sure.

we cant say its a flop in its first 4 days on the market and without any europe data, we just got UK data. resistance 3 was called a flop when it released and now its sold over 1.2 million. its not a huge success but its certainly not a flop. same goes for uncharted 1, its sold 120k in its first 2 weeks and may i say those numbers are world wide, now look at its sales. we really cant say if this game is a flop at the moment

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:

That is not correct. Just look at Halo 4 on Amazon (4 stars) or metacritic (6.5). Forza Horizon (4 stars). NSMBU (4 stars). LBPKarting (4 stars).  Starhawk (4 stars). Twisted Metal (4 stars). All this while PSAS has 4.5 stars. You would expect some Nintendo/Smash Bros fans to downplay the game, but it looks like it's ineffective.

like i said, i also believe word of mouth will sell some units but the downplay of smash brother fans isn't ineffective, they just didn't downplay it on metacritics or amazon like you see if you search for the percentual amount of 1 or 2 star reviews. psasbr has only 2 out of 45 reviews with one or two stars, that's not even 5%.so which smash brother fans did that? maybe 2.

Yep, which tells me that they just stopped caring about downplaying it and are ignoring it instead. You'd expect "bad games" (his words, not mine) to get lower than 4.5 stars on Amazon, no?

no i just wanted to say that psasbr would be lower if it would get the same percentual hate on amazon as halo or forza. btw halo has 4.2 stars and psabr 4.4 so the difference is not as big as 4 and 4.5 stars (and with only 5% haters for halo damn would it be good haha lol)

so, psabr is beloved by gamers who own it but not more as some other games who have few points less on amazon. but that tells me that it will sell better in the long run as games which are hated by haters and people who really bought the games.