By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it

I don't understand this...You would think that game charactes itself would sell the game (Mario wtf) at least some...I myself bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 because it had Dante as playable character..This one has that" new Dante" so I'm not gonna buy it at least yet.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
Max King of the Wild said:
NeoRatt said:
xKakashi209x said:
NeoRatt said:
Back at E3 everyone was saying the PS3 would eat the other consoles alive for the holidays because of the great exclusive content...

PS All Stars, LBP Karting, and Last of Us... Plus Wonder Books for the casuals...

link or it didnt happen.

In hindsight looking at the articles PS All-Stars didn't really help Sony win E3... Last of Us and Beyond were the big ones...The funny thing is that Sony keeps winning E3 based on vaporware for the following year...  The actual shipping games for the year don't...  People should pay attention to that...  Games like Last of Us, Beyond, Guardian of Light, GoW Ascension, etc.  Are going to all be good games but they are all 2013 or farther out games. 

You still didn't provide links for your claim. At least you admit it wasn't LBP:Karting or PSASBR that revolved around e3 hype. However, your claim was everyone saying PS3 would win the holiday's due to those games. The links you provide just say why some gaming journalist thought Sony won the E3 confrence

This will definetly sell 5 million copies

fillet said:
Crazymann said:
pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
I feel that should be enough pezus.

Make a voting poll thread and see who was right. Was it hyped or not.

Lol, polls like that don't work and you know it. You still haven't given me proof. I could name the people that thought it would be a huge seller on one hand.

Edit: And then you already did that...lulz

this is exactly why i left the sight for 2 years. Too many people claiming something was hyped up because of crazymann and leo-j predicting crazy numbers that any game would have problems reaching. Its ridiculous.

Whoa, whoa there.  That was crazzyman.  I am crazymann (not to be confused with the other crazyman (one "N") on this site).  I didn't predict anything crazzy, and I really could not care less how PASBR sells so long as it sells enough to get a sequel IF it is warranted.  If I like a game, I buy it, I don't need sales for affirmation.

Maybe I'm getting my members wrong. Who was the guy with the finding nemo shark avatar?

That was the real CrazyMan, this guy isn't him.

That one was a fucking loon, this one is only a half-moon-loon.

Right back atcha', big guy.

Though I will say, for the record, that I was "crazymann" on other sites long before there was a "crazzyman" here, so he is no more "real" than I am.  Still, if it makes you feel better, I can do an impression for you...

"All the Marioboyz already bought Wii-U for NSMBM, so Wii-U will now flop hard =)))))))"

Or how about...

"PS3 is ahead of 360 when you throw out all the sales that 360 had before PS3 launched as they don't count. =))))))))))"

Or even....

"PS3 will outsell 360 by the end of 2012 =))))"

HAHA! Great impression... Some of his quotes are coming back to me now. LOL

Around the Network
Crazymann said:

Right back atcha', big guy.

Though I will say, for the record, that I was "crazymann" on other sites long before there was a "crazzyman" here, so he is no more "real" than I am.  Still, if it makes you feel better, I can do an impression for you...

"All the Marioboyz already bought Wii-U for NSMBM, so Wii-U will now flop hard =)))))))"

Or how about...

"PS3 is ahead of 360 when you throw out all the sales that 360 had before PS3 launched as they don't count. =))))))))))"

Or even....

"PS3 will outsell 360 by the end of 2012 =))))"

Ah, nostalgia... Thank you for that! I suppose it'd be a bit much to ask you to change to a Finding Nemo avatar?

So... correct me if I'm wrong... but it doesn't seem that the game even made the top 100 in the US Charts this week. I'm honestly thinking I might have read this wrong. It's at 93 on the UK chartz. This puts it behind Sonic Generations for the 3DS, Crackdown 2, Family Guy, and Tangled for the DS.

So ummmm... yeah...

This game is lots of fun. It's a shame people are avoiding it simply because it's derivative of SSB.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

cross play is turning out to be a huge sucess. very nice. two games for the price of one and it is still a cataclysmic failure. I hope Sony didn't spend too much developing it.

Yea its crazy that a game like this wouldn't make top 100 in its second week (usa). I dont have ps3 or a vita but this game is worth the money (cross buy). I love SSB and i thought this game be kinda successful as it!!! Not that successful but somewhere around 2-3mil lifetime. but now i see it doing 800k and thats being nice! Could change if bundled but wouldnt hit over 3 mil lifetime IMO!!!