By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U hacked and CPU clock speed revealed, apparently.

NiKKoM said:

please put this in the op... so we can go back making DBZ jokes..

Wii U:

Picollo post Kami merger.

PS360:

Android 17 & 18

PS4:

Powerful but EVIL Cell

720:

Oh yeah Brolly!!!!

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Roma said:
how much is this in DBZ?

Krillin....he may be weak compared to the cheapish sayans, but he's the most entertaining character in the series!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I looked back at his twitter page and if you read some of the stuff he's saying, he isn't in any way saying the Wii U is an under-powered system. Go check and you'll see. I don't think he wants to take any sides on this, though.

oni-link said:
NiKKoM said:

please put this in the op... so we can go back making DBZ jokes..

You forgot PC, but that's another category all together ;)

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
NiKKoM said:
Roma said:
how much is this in DBZ?

Krillin....he may be weak compared to the cheapish sayans, but he's the most entertaining character in the series!!

Krillin is amusing so he must be the Wii!!  Unless you want to make PS360 into:

seeing that the Wii U is still superior to PS360; albeit a small one.

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/trine_2/news/wii_u_graphics_would_need_to_be_scaled_back_on_xbox_360_and_ps3.html

lol : )

Around the Network
timmah said:
brendude13 said:
*flinch*

Ooooh, that's not good. I guess that explains the poor framerate on multiplatform launch games.

I've played a few of the multiplatform launch titles and the framerate issues are way overblown. If it was able to handle CPU intensive games designed for a system with 3, 3.2GHz cores and maintian fidelity with little optimization, that actually speaks volumes to the efficiency of the processor (considering the clock rate is so much lower). I imagine games actually designed for and optimized for the WiiU architecture will be able to be significantly better looking than current gen due to the more advanced GPU. The estimates I've seen indicate the WiiU should have about double or better the raw power of current gen when you factor in the GPU.

I agree, that's why I made sure I said "multiplatform launch games", you're not going to get great results by simply porting to such different hardware. The CPU is what was definitely holding the ports back though, and it explains why the FPS dropped in intensive scenes.

Well, not entirely shocking considering the relative size of the CPU. Even if the architecture is more efficient, such a large difference in clock speed and raw number crunching between this and the PS3/360 will have some impact. Developers will need to put in extra effort to code around this and in certain CPU heavy multiplatform games it may hinder the gameplay.

hm, seems all the hopes for next gen 3rd party games being on WiiU are ruined!?

because this is the only reason Nintendo fans want WiiU to be powerful, we know that power won't affect Nintendo's games really, but it depends on power whether or not WiiU gets the support of Xbox3 and Ps4

last-gen to be repeated i guess!?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

gigantor21 said:
If that's the case, it's no wonder they didn't want to talk about it. XD

Seriously, though, that's ridiculous.

Eh that makes sense, but here's something else: 

Nintendo said NOTHING about the Wii's guts. At E3 2011, they showed that little tech demo wth the garden. If the Wii U was as behind as these specs suggest, they probably wouldn't have said anything about the Wii U either. Also 1.24 sounds a bit TOO slow. I was expecting 2.5-3.

Roma said:
Soundwave said:
They gimped the chipset in order to get that small casing and low power draw. So I hope people who live in Hobbit holes, and are eco concerned are happy.

you meann like Japanese people?

I can't stand this justification for Nintendo's gimping of their hardware for recent consoles just to save some space and cater to the allegedly square foot - challenged Japanese.

If the average Japanese home is so snug and space is at a premium, then explain how they seemed to have no problem fitting this monstrosity in their living rooms...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.