By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 24th November 2012 (Black Friday and Wii U week)

Cool to see some new hardware in the list at long last. Mario U sales are crazy. It's a true system seller and a perfect launch title (easy to program and get ready for launch in a short time frame). Almost everyone that has a WiiU will have a copy. I will probably sell tens of millions.

Nice to see lots of sales of all systems. Those 360 sales are crazy, XBox has really become the standard system in America.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
Were there PS3 bundles with the Uncharted and Infamous franchises? All 5 games sold around 100k, which is very impressive. Uncharted 3 reached 5m now, well deserved :)

@barozi
Oh I see :) what are those exactly? One bundle is Uncharted 3 alone and the other Infamous1+2 + Uncharted1+2??

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Man. Vita. Can we now finally say the system is done for? The sales are amazingly bad.

I think 3DS underperformed too, but I guess DS's super-boost took away 3DS's thunder. WiiU did good, it's software did great. 360 is beast, but this is the USA so that was expected. PS3 did fine, but no match for 360. Wii is a surprise, congrats on the 40m. Finally, CoD seems to be slowing down (?).

ghettoglamour said:
@barozi
Oh I see :) what are those exactly? One bundle is Uncharted 3 alone and the other Infamous1+2 + Uncharted1+2??

yes >.>
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4924916

Around the Network

360 did amzing numbers in america, but if you take away those numbers away, it get's quite sad, microsoft better hold onto america

Also of note is the attach rate of ZombiU, which is about 20%, with Black Ops and Assassin's Creed just behind. I hope this keeps up and Wii U will get 3rd party support. There's no reason good 3rd party games can't thrive on WiiU, the Wii just never got good 3rd party.

S.Peelman said:
Man. Vita. Can we now finally say the system is done for? The sales are amazingly bad.

I think 3DS underperformed too, but I guess DS's super-boost took away 3DS's thunder. WiiU did good, it's software did great. 360 is beast, but this is the USA so that was expected. PS3 did fine, but no match for 360. Wii is a surprise, congrats on the 40m. Finally, CoD seems to be slowing down (?).

Sony said don't judge it's sales until after it's first Christmas!!! Jeez!!!

Na, it's quite abysmal sales wise given it's direct competition out-sold it at about  5 to 1...

007BondAgent said:
360 did amzing numbers in america, but if you take away those numbers away, it get's quite sad, microsoft better hold onto america

Why would you? It's the biggest market in the world. You want to pretend those people, ( WHAT DO YOU MEAN THOSE PEOPLE!!! ) just vanish of the earth? I've read similar comments before. It is just an odd way of looking at it.

007BondAgent said:

or start to do what sony is doing in europe to sell those more numbers there, be the main sponsor of champions league for over ten years and stuff like that...

those "much" higher sales don't come from alone here. ps 3 would sell still better without that advertisement but the gap would be much smaller if they wouldn't burn the name playstation in every head every day^^ (maybe it's the same in usa just vice versa, no clue)