By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
superchunk said:
So this is kinda dumb. If someone posts a funny video that is in the off topic room and is only there for a laugh, how is it wrong or spammish to just say lol, that was funny.

I think you're warning is a bit over arching. Examples like Leo-J's and others from the other day are more befitting of spam than just putting a response with QFT or LOL is.

I don't think the rule is that strict, common sense surely still applies...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
DKII said:

The spam is getting out of control. If I see one more thread full of nothing but three- or four-letter responses ranging from QFT to WTF to LOL to ROFL, everyone posting such nonsense is getting a one-week ban. If you can't post anything and contribute to a thread, then don't post at all. This is a blanket warning for the entire userbase.

PM me anything that is particularly stupid or offensive after this time-stamp.

QFT.

Nice to hear. Its about time spammers were punished.

Is there not a way of putting a limit to how many times you can post in a day. For example, limit of 20 posts in a day. 20 is more than enough, and it will stop people posting crap to increase their post count/ VG$ (not naming any names).

This number could also get reduced for spammers. Instead of just simply banning them, you could reduce their post limit to 5 a day etc. Just an idea.

Having post limits will also make people think more about what they are posting.

i wonder did you had a meeting with the other mods or is it your own idea?

janjaap said:
poor weezy

DKII im waiting for your response. since you laid out the rules your gonna have to be alittle more clear maybe what you meant?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Show them no mercy!!!

superchunk said:
So this is kinda dumb. If someone posts a funny video that is in the off topic room and is only there for a laugh, how is it wrong or spammish to just say lol, that was funny.

I think you're warning is a bit over arching. Examples like Leo-J's and others from the other day are more befitting of spam than just putting a response with QFT or LOL is.

I agree, now you will have to describe my emotions on a 3 lines essay, that can get resumed on LOL

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

i dont think you should limit the number of post people do--i hang out here all day while at work so...soetime th threads are nice and can post alot of thought other time is just lurk

Good, good, mod's. And about time too, maybe these boards will become more bearable. Some new members have really messed up Vgchartz, especially the game database!

guys dont forget to write an essay for the reason your laughing. new mod rule :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY