By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's Official: Wii Mini releasing December 7th for $99! Exclusive to... Canada?!

Love the retro style, looks straight out of the 80s. Groovy.

GC compatibility and wifi aren't a big deal to me; I rarely play online, and the only great Gamecube game that doesn't have a superior Wii version is F Zero GX, which I have aced.

I wouldn't mind getting one if my current 3-year-old Wii dies, (don't want to use up the Wii U's laser playing Wii games) except that I don't live in Canada.

Seriously, why the hell only release it in Canada? Does Nintendo just decide off the bat to do pointless things sometimes, just to troll consumers? Their behavior is ridiculously erratic.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Seriously, why the hell only release it in Canada? Does Nintendo just decide off the bat to do pointless things sometimes, just to troll consumers? Their behavior is ridiculously erratic.

They must be testing it in Canada to see how the market reacts.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

No. Actually, it's because Canada has no internet.

Galaki said:
theRepublic said:

My mistake.  I could have sworn I have seen Canadians on the internet before.  Maybe they came down to the US to steal some of our precious internets.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Galaki said:
theRepublic said:

My mistake.  I could have sworn I have seen Canadians on the internet before.  Maybe they came down to the US to steal some of our precious internets.

That actually makes sense.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Clicked on your profile and saw you live in Australia.  I can see why you haven't been online in awhile since you don't have access to Netflix.

Actually I'm in Europe, but you're right, we don't have Netflix here...

OneTwoThree said:
sethnintendo said:

Clicked on your profile and saw you live in Australia.  I can see why you haven't been online in awhile since you don't have access to Netflix.

They actually just launched Netflix in Sweden a few weeks ago...

OneTwoThree said:
sethnintendo said:

Just an old joke Austria = Australia on this site.  You'll probably see it again from someone else.

Crazy decisions by Nintendo. I just don't get them sometimes. A WW release with GC comparability and or Internet for £60 and you'd be rolling in money...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Crazy decisions by Nintendo. I just don't get them sometimes. A WW release with GC comparability and or Internet for £60 and you'd be rolling in money...

Yeah I agree. Perhaps we'll see a WW release for Wii Mini with internet in spring of 2013?