By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's Official: Wii Mini releasing December 7th for $99! Exclusive to... Canada?!

Well looks like I won't be getting one. And it turns out it's uglier than I thought. Sigh.

Maybe it's for the best, I don't want to abandon my old pal Gamecube just yet *looks at him hiding under the desk lovingly, sheds a single tear*

Around the Network

The regular/old wii was on sale for $90 during the black friday week. Not sure why someone would get this new one with less features over that. Maybe they stop shipping the old wii.

VicViper said:
Probably exclusive to Canada only for the holidays... but even then, such a random move it's almost funny.

New 3DS... exclusive to Sri Lanka

i lol'd 

green_sky said:
The regular/old wii was on sale for $90 during the black friday week. Not sure why someone would get this new one with less features over that. Maybe they stop shipping the old wii.

Maybe it's like, $60 or something.

Either way,

I love the look! Too bad (?) I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to buy one.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Looks more like a Wii Fat to be honest. And Nintendo copying Apple confirmed with that name? Will they be sued?

The corners look a little too square for an Apple lawsuit to be successful.

VGChartz

http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini?country=CA&lang=en%2F

Nintendo Wii Mini official page

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
pezus said:
Looks more like a Wii Fat to be honest. And Nintendo copying Apple confirmed with that name? Will they be sued?

Nintendo could net some bucks from apple.

And the ultra-rare Nintendo Minis

it will make a great collectable.

I don't understand this. No wi-fi? A ton of people are using their Wii's for Netflix, and they just added a Youtube channel. I see it's also manual loading discs now. :/

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-the-Plug-in-Blog/Nintendo-Wii-Mini-Ready-to-Launch-December-7th-for-99-99/ba-p/53938

I guess Canada is a test market for this, being a close approximation of the US market. If it sells well here without underminding WiiU sales, then it'll roll out elsewhere.

Personally though, I'd never get it without internet, not even as a secondary unit. I'd just get a used one which goes for $79 - with GC/Internet support.