By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GamrConnect Wii U Recommendation Thread

Farsala said:
So what is the killer app for the Wii U?

Mario and NintendoLand apparently. Also, Miiverse.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
Farsala said:

Is mario like mario? or better? No idea about nintendoland people say its the new wii sports.

Farsala said:
Salnax said:
Farsala said:

Is mario like mario? or better? No idea about nintendoland people say its the new wii sports.

Easily the best Mario in the 'New' series.  Much better than I expected.

Farsala said:
Salnax said:
Farsala said:

Mario is 2D Mario. It apparently draws more inspiration from Super Mario World, as opposed to the previous games which drew from SMB3, but it's a pretty vanilla if well-done game. The new parts this time around exhibit Wii U functionality, such as 5 person multiplayer, Tv-less gameplay, HD graphics, Miiverse integration, etc.

Nintendo Land is the new Wii Sports, for both the better and for the worse. It shows off the new controller, has single player and multiplayer minigames, and hints what the future of some Nintendo franchises might be.

Love and tolerate.

Wow this thread really puts everything in perspective. Finally, most Wii U games got a super decent score for lineup. Not much Wii or 3DS games cracked into the 80-90ish within the launch window. So this is looking great :)

Around the Network

Writing this post from the Wii U. The Miiverse is something unexpected. Never thought i would care as much, but its tantamount to posting here, a fun way to talk about the games, ask for hints, find people to play with, or just draw hairy balls (this has been pretty popular). Back to the fun.

CityOfNoobs said:
Turns out my Wii U could not read any Games :( It is being sent to nintendo for repairs. Very very upset.

This broke my heart :'(.  Add me when you get your Wii U back!

shakarak said:
CityOfNoobs said:
Turns out my Wii U could not read any Games :( It is being sent to nintendo for repairs. Very very upset.

This broke my heart :'(.  Add me when you get your Wii U back!

Will do ! Thanks for everyones sympathy! I will be sure to add all of you when my repaired unit comes back (hopefully next week) . 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Cripes! I feel sorry for you, CONoobs. I hope it gets fixed real soon!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Small update ^_^

Games Added:

• Skylanders Giants (Action)
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Sports)

Games Removed:

• FIFA Soccer 13 (Sports)