By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 Reasons PC Gaming Is Better Than Consoles

MDMAlliance said:
Kasz216 said:
MDMAlliance said:
Kasz216 said:
MDMAlliance said:

If we count games that you cannot emulate and games across the other consoles, there are definitely more Console-exclusive games worth playing than PC.  This is, however, rather subjective to begin with.  DOTA 2, LoL, and HoN aren't quite games I'm used to.  Maybe one day I'll start playing games like those, but right now I'm not into that genre very much.

The games I recognize from that list are Civilization, DOTA 2, LoL, HoN, and Torchlight 2.  

I know other games you'd surely list, I'm not completely oblivious to PC-exclusives.  I have a few myself.

Why wouldn't you count games that consoles can't emulate.

Hell, the mere fact that there are genres that consoles can't emulate is a HUGE negative for consoles. no?

You don't get to play God of War?  There are plenty of games like it on PC.

While if you don't game on PC, there are tons of things you'll never expierence.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I'm talking about console games PC's cannot emulate.  I know that there's always the "possibility" to emulate them, but not all of them are presently possible.  I am including those into the list of games consoles have that PC's don't.  

Oh, i see what your saying...

I mean... your wrong, but I see what your sayiing.

Though it seems kinda silly to count ALL consoles together, rather then whatever you would consider to be the single strongest console in that regard.

The rest of the point stands though.  I can think of only about 2 games on consoles that don't have PC equivlents, while there are whole genres that don't exist on consoles.  Let alone a specific one.

But this works both ways depending on where you're looking for games.  

It's not really about having equivalents, too.  There are genres that PCs do better than consoles, but there are definitely genres that consoles do better than PCs. 

Also, I am not sure which genres you're referring to that do not exist.  MMORPG exists on consoles.  I am sure MOBA and RTS games both exist on consoles as well.  
I don't think I can be wrong on the main point I was making though.  That point comes down to my personal taste in games just being more readily available in console form (and is much more convenient and tends to play way better on consoles).  I doubt you really can say that I don't know what I'm talking about when I had taken a 5 year period time away from console gaming and went only PC.  I know a lot of what kind of games the PCs have, but I also know that there are a huge number of games the PC do not have of this generation and last generation, and some even from the generation before that due to anti-piracy stuff.  That, or some games are just not very well known (and some good games are).  

MOBA's don't no.

And I don't see how it does work both ways.  No genres work better on consoles then PC... since PC can do everything consoles can do.

Consoles are essentially lobotomized PCs.

Around the Network

One reason console games are better:

Nintendo

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

As a PC gamer (since 03), who has a ps3 and ps vita on the side, i can honestly say the main advantage of pc gaming is the ability to move forward. The consoles stagnate somewhat and offer little excitement.

Dont get me wrong, my ps3 (since 08), is a good piece of kit and at the time i bought it, i was hooked but it fizzled out as the games visuals and variety stagnated into the same pretty much.

The reason i have the ps3 and ps vita even though im a 'pc gamer' is they are they to offer what the pc cant, which is exclusives which the ps3 does a good job with and almost console like graphics on the move which is where the ps vita comes in.

But yes, i hear, you still think its not worht the price tag, you might be right, BUT, it cost more but thats because you get alot more in return, which is pc quality, graphics and better multiplayer. Company of heroes, battlefield 3, formula 1 2012, half life, css, warhammer dawn of war, planetside 2, wow, star wars tor, hell even the cod series etc etc all superior on the pc. Personally its not very common to see a poor console port to pc.

When i really think about why i dont play console really anymore its because...it has no depth to it, just generic setup same as everyone else which is outdated, and the whole console multiplayer is for the most part a let down because of the lack of people per online game which is boring when you can have double or triple that on its pc counterpart.

shaunboulton said:
The reason i have the ps3 and ps vita even though im a 'pc gamer' is they are they to offer what the pc cant, which is exclusives which the ps3 does a good job with and almost console like graphics on the move which is where the ps vita comes in.

Give it a couple more years and those Exclusives will be on the PC via Emulation with better graphics than the PS3 could do.
PS2 emulation for instance has come a long way, you can pretty much play every PS2 game on PC these days. - Heck it runs PS2 games better than the PS3.

As I said the only reason not to be a PC gamer is lack of time or knowledge.
But even then buying a game off Steam and running it is as easy as using a console to the point where my grandmother buys steam games and plays them.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

PCs have the latest graphics games but it comes at a huge cost. Annual upgrades are needed in order to play the latest PC games on the highest graphic setting. Consoles have to make do with the same specifications for an entire generation around 7 years. A PC gamer will have to make annual upgrades mainly graphic cards and possibly a second PC rig within the same 7 year time period. With unlimited funds PC gaming is much better than console gaming. 

Around the Network

Just five?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

PCs have the latest graphics games but it comes at a huge cost. Annual upgrades are needed in order to play the latest PC games on the highest graphic setting. Consoles have to make do with the same specifications for an entire generation around 7 years. A PC gamer will have to make annual upgrades mainly graphic cards and possibly a second PC rig within the same 7 year time period. With unlimited funds PC gaming is much better than console gaming. 

Or you could just not upgrade your PC, and just be content with graphics that are still way better then consoles, but just not maximized.

Really dont mean to be negative. But this is basically the elephant in the room that no gamer really wants to talk about.

Console gaming is now considered more mainstream and mass market with the advent of Wii/Kinect, etc. PC gaming still has the following stigma that ultimately hinders what the medium offers.

Not my opinion, but a general consensus of what non-gamers think of PC gamers.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Really dont mean to be negative. But this is basically the elephant in the room that no gamer really wants to talk about.

Console gaming is now considered more mainstream and mass market with the advent of Wii/Kinect, etc. PC gaming still has the following stigma that ultimately hinders what the medium offers.

Not my opinion, but a general consensus of what non-gamers think of PC gamers.

I believe this image is a more accurate representation of what the public thinks: 

After all, in today's world Americans don't get to decide what's mainstream and what's not. The majority rules, and it's quite obvious what the majority uses to game on.

Theres more PCs surely, but most gamers play on consoles.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Who says you have to play every game at max? Even games at medium now look significantly better than their console counterparts.

While that is true you do get a lot of random slow down if you don't have the gpu that the game is made with. I can play most games at 1080p looking better then their console versions, but now and then the frame rate tanks to 10fps or lower and I have to go into the graphics settings to turn random stuff off temporarily or even lower the resolution. It's pretty annoying when everything runs fine for an hour until you get into a heavy fight in an area with heavy fog and you have to quit back to the settings and usually restart the game to be able to continue.
On consoles you can be assured of a baseline performance all the way through and not worry about settings.

I do wish consoles had certain graphics options though, like turning off motion blur and depth of field effects during gameplay. Heavy bloom can go too imo.