By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii mini console on the way?

Not sure what the point would be and this probably isn't true.

They only reduced the price to $129 a few months ago.
I doubt a physical redesign would save much on costs.
I'd bet it will stay at a very profitable $129 until later next year where it may drop down to $119 or $99, where it will stand until it fully dies off in a couple years.

Definitely no where near the $49 price mentioned by spurge. That's just not possible.

Around the Network
JGarret said:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/32595

Nintendo may be releasing another Wii redesign in the near future. The information was part of an internal release schedule from a major retailer that at this time we are unable to disclose. After combing through the details we've gleaned the following information:

Introducing the Wii Mini! Coming Dec 7 2012!
WII MINI CONSOLE
Compact Nintendo Wii Console
Comes with Sensor Bar, Nunchuk and Wii Remote Plus with Jacket.

If true, this will mark the second redesign of the Wii console. The first was last year and made the console slightly smaller, removing the GameCube controller ports. How much smaller the already-petite console can get is indeed a mystery. This brings to mind similar swan-song reiterations of past Nintendo systems, such as the NES and SNES 101 redesigns and the Game Boy Micro. As soon as any new information is revealed, you can be sure we'll be here to cover it. Stay tuned.

In Gods we trust. Dattebayo...

WiiU ID:         Aias23

Xbox360/XboxOne ID:  Aias23

3DS FC:         3737 9509 2938

superchunk said:
Not sure what the point would be and this probably isn't true.

They only reduced the price to $129 a few months ago.
I doubt a physical redesign would save much on costs.
I'd bet it will stay at a very profitable $129 until later next year where it may drop down to $119 or $99, where it will stand until it fully dies off in a couple years.

Definitely no where near the $49 price mentioned by spurge. That's just not possible.

Hehe, I don't think anyone took that $49.99 price seriously - that range is strictly reserved for various Chinese knock-offs. ;)

the way it would be re sized is simple really. the DVD drive is square and the Wii is rectangular. what they can do is either shrink it and make it more square or put all the stuff under the DVD drive and make it a bit thicker. or just make the DVD drive thinner. I have a really thin DVD drive, I think I can put three of them on top of each other to reach the thickness of the Wii

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

miz1q2w3e said:

I found something, thought I'd share.

Left: Wii console - Right: Xbox360 HD DVD drive

If there is a Wii 'mini', then I gotta see it lolol

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. oh man

Around the Network

Make a pop top. That would make it smaller right? Remove sd card slot too.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Hopefully it's basically a WiiSOne

Huh. It occurs to me that the Wii U is actually bigger than the Wii, effectively reversing the trend of Nintendo home consoles being smaller than the previous one.

In other news, I am tempted to reference Austin Powers.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

That's great! And I don't think it will canibalize wiiu sales and in my country wii and ps2 still selling like a piece of hotcakes and most of them is a children.
They don't care about a new games or a hardcore series, they just wanna have fun with their new console.

BasilZero said:
Pretty good deal for those who want to buy a new inexpensive game system for the children. (well maybe not new).

I say go for it, wont really hurt Wii-U sales since the software itself will push the system.

Yes it would. Parents would buy this new Wii Mini for Christmas instead of the more expensive Wii U.
I think it really depends on how much marketing is put into this. If they just quietly release a new model and ship it to stores, I doubt it would have much of an impact.