By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii mini console on the way?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/32595

Nintendo may be releasing another Wii redesign in the near future. The information was part of an internal release schedule from a major retailer that at this time we are unable to disclose. After combing through the details we've gleaned the following information:

Introducing the Wii Mini! Coming Dec 7 2012!
WII MINI CONSOLE
Compact Nintendo Wii Console
Comes with Sensor Bar, Nunchuk and Wii Remote Plus with Jacket.

If true, this will mark the second redesign of the Wii console. The first was last year and made the console slightly smaller, removing the GameCube controller ports. How much smaller the already-petite console can get is indeed a mystery. This brings to mind similar swan-song reiterations of past Nintendo systems, such as the NES and SNES 101 redesigns and the Game Boy Micro. As soon as any new information is revealed, you can be sure we'll be here to cover it. Stay tuned.

Around the Network

They should release this in some of the middle eastern countries because that's where a lot of the PS2 sales come from.

What would be the point of that? I thought they weren't even making games for wii anymore..

spurgeonryan said:
If they drop the price to 49.99 and push into emerging markets Look OUt!

This, they would sell like hotcakes.

HoloDust said:
spurgeonryan said:

Agreed, especially since Wii is so hackable and piracy is rampant in emerging markets.   I'd imagine a lot of stores would sell them pre-softmodded.

If that'd be profitable for Nintendo is another matter.  But I'm sure some people would buy the actual games, so I'd love to see it happen.

I'd pick up a second Wii (for the bedroom) at that price too.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
HoloDust said:
spurgeonryan said:

Agreed, especially since Wii is so hackable and piracy is rampant in emerging markets.   I'd imagine a lot of stores would sell them pre-softmodded.

If that'd be profitable for Nintendo is another matter.  But I'm sure some people would buy the actual games, so I'd love to see it happen.

I'd pick up a second Wii (for the bedroom) at that price too.

Yep, one can argue that one of the reasons PS2 was so successful is due to similar circumstances. Still, it was very profitable for Sony. If Nintendo can make low priced version of Wii, even with all the hacking and pirating it would make them lot of money.

why even do this just make the wii u

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

The Good: Will revitalize Wii sales.
The Bad: Will cannabalize Wii U sales.

I don't know why Nintendo would do this now of all times....they JUST launched a new console, they JUST entered the HD era, what would be their reasoning for this?

VGKing said:
The Good: Will revitalize Wii sales.
The Bad: Will cannabalize Wii U sales.

I don't know why Nintendo would do this now of all times....they JUST launched a new console, they JUST entered the HD era, what would be their reasoning for this?

It wouldn't hurt Wii U sales seeing as I don't think people have the Wii U features and games on the Wii, and likely it will appear sometime in the near future.

But it was a mini console from the start. How much could they possibly shrink it?