By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Face-Off: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Wii U

Kenology said:
VetteDude said:
kowenicki said:

Facts are facts, the 360 version is technically superior. 

Except its not a fact. Both play at 60FPS, both render at the same resolution, and both have screen tearing. The PS3 version has better AA and the 360 has better draw distance. When you're playing, you don't notice a difference. And COD isn't a graphically inclined game anyways (even though its gorgeous, I love the art style they use).

Actually, the 360 version is the best version.

Of course it is. I'm just saying the PS3 version is not "compromised" and when you are playing, you won't notice a difference. This isn't Black Ops 1 where the PS3 version was garbage that played at sub-30FPS anytime a Napalm was called in. I've only had BO2 drop below smooth FPS once in 11 hours of gameplay. And that was when the hosts internet dropped out for a second.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
I don't see the reason for all this WiiU graphics power debate.

1) It is not head and shoulders above the PS3/360. It has slightly more GPU power, and a larger pool of memory. The CPU is not quite as powerful, but the whole industry is moving towards GPU's doing CPU work anyways, so no surprise.

2) This console has to display two images, and stream one of them to an external device. PS3 and 360 have nothing close to this to worry about.

3) These are launch titles. They were developed on hardware not specific to the WiiU until the last couple of months of development. There is no way any developer will ever come close to showing a consoles abilities on launch day, it does not matter what platform you like.

PS3/360 fans, WiiU is more powerful than gen 7 hd consoles. It is not, however, WiiU fans, the massive step that, that group of hardcore gamer's wants to see from a gen 8 console. In the end of gen 8 WiiU will be pushing graphics impossible on PS3/360. We all know this already of course, so everyone, back to your posts, we have a pointless war to wage.

If Nintendo wanted to have more GPGPU instead of CPU, they should have put in a GPU that was good at GPGPU. The gaming industry isn't really moving to GPGPU at all anyways, all the streamer and TMU power needs to go to rendering, the CPU is used for a lot of other things, which is why quad core is recommended for gaming now.

Kenology said:
pezus said:

PC actually, but who counts PC games anyway?

Given the OP was a comparison between the three console versions...

And also, I don't count PC personally.

console peasant! my master l33tness shall rule allz!

dahuman said:

The console is not even 1 week old LOL, I can't comment on the online since I don't even have the game, but it seems to play the same from what I've seen on the interwebz, there no youtube streaming and no elite yet though.

yeah maybe its a little too much to ask in the first week, but a game that is designed to play online with that less players looks a little bit strange to me.
maybe it will get better in the next few weeks or hopefully with the next cod when there are a few million more wiiu's sold.

because I dont want to buy 3consoles and 2handhelds next gen like i did this gen ... at least not at launch.

VetteDude said:
kowenicki said:
VetteDude said:
Compromised PS3 version? I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions (I have the PS3 version myself, since that's what my buddies are on) and they both play exactly the same. Treyarch did a really good job, they had a dedicated PS3 team this time. The framerate doesn't drop like it did in Black Ops and MW3 and both look almost identical (PS3 has more blurring at distances). But overall, not compromised at all. They don't want to release a compromised version, PS3 and 360 sales of COD are almost identical now (1st week leans 360 then PS3 catches up the rest of the year)

Facts are facts, the 360 version is technically superior. 

Except its not a fact. Both play at 60FPS, both render at the same resolution, and both have screen tearing. The PS3 version has better AA and the 360 has better draw distance. When you're playing, you don't notice a difference. And COD isn't a graphically inclined game anyways (even though its gorgeous, I love the art style they use).

Looks like you didn't even bother to click the link.

Compared to recent multiplat offerings where the PS3 definitely catched up, CoD is still miles away from being identical.

OT: damn even below 30FPS at times

Around the Network

I'm more than happy to excuse all these launch multiplats as lazy ports. Hopefully it doesn't go the PS3 route where they continuously pump out poor ports and claim it's too hard to develop for 6 years later.

activision, didnt optimized the game for the wii u. almost all the devs didnt either, the companies decided to do straight ports with there games to the wii u and u cant do that, because the wii u's arch is different and u need to use the gpgpu for the phyics that u would normally have the cpu do, like the ps3 and the 360 does. the wii u is a gpgpu heavy based system and the 360/ps3 arent, its that simple. the wii u is a powerful system and will beable to handle its own for a good 3 years if the lazy devs change there mind set and use the gpgpu likes intended to.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Ouch, that really isn't good at all, looks like Treyarch are going to be as useless with the Wii U as they are with the PS3.

Anyone remember this thread? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149591&page=1

CGI-Quality said:
Kenology said:
Only Sony fans in here, so I'll be the lone Ninty voice.

Only Sony fans? :-S

Vertigo-X, Nsanity, and Barozi probably wouldn't want to be called that in the strictest sense. Outside of them, it's mainly PC people posting in here.

I love it when Sony fans call themselves pc fans. Who do you guys think you're fooling lol. The first part of your post is correct though.

phenom08 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kenology said:
Only Sony fans in here, so I'll be the lone Ninty voice.

Only Sony fans? :-S

Vertigo-X, Nsanity, and Barozi probably wouldn't want to be called that in the strictest sense. Outside of them, it's mainly PC people posting in here.

I love it when Sony fans call themselves pc fans. Who do you guys think you're fooling lol. The first part of your post is correct though.

So you are saying that the two cannot co-exist?  I honestly did not know that there are so many deranged people out in the internet.  It stills baffles me.