By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Face-Off: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Wii U

pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:

"To put things into perspective, during our online testing there were 321,502 concurrent players online with the PlayStation 3 version of the game. Curiously, that beat out the Xbox 360 version, which clocked in at 282,683. The Wii U version could only boast 452 players. "

These numbers are notable I think, because this would suggest more Europeans buying the PS3 version than the 360 version, yet we have the 360 version outselling the PS3 version pretty significantly even there. Also, I can't believe only 452 were playing BlopsII on Wii U. Wtf!

I think the PS360 numbers are worldwide while Wii U is US only.  Plus, the bulk of folks will have already bought the game on PS360 as it came out on those systems a few days before launch and didn't require the purchase of a brand new system.  Not to mention, the Wii U is not only a week old yet.  That Wii U number will probably grow the fastest of the three.

Relatively, yes. But definitely not in raw numbers. 452 players in USA only is still rather lackluster for the biggest franchise in gaming on the Wii U. Didn't the Wii U sell out?

Pretty sure Mario is just as big as CoD. Also the WiiU still has a rather small userbase lol, talk about being desperate. You think CoD as any chance in hell at beating Mario? If you had a Wii U you would know this.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
phenom08 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kenology said:
Only Sony fans in here, so I'll be the lone Ninty voice.

Only Sony fans? :-S

Vertigo-X, Nsanity, and Barozi probably wouldn't want to be called that in the strictest sense. Outside of them, it's mainly PC people posting in here.

I love it when Sony fans call themselves pc fans. Who do you guys think you're fooling lol. The first part of your post is correct though.

So you are saying that the two cannot co-exist?  I honestly did not know that there are so many deranged people out in the internet.  It stills baffles me.

Where did i say that? You should probably reread that or just stay out of the convo.

Kenology said:

Clearly, the game isn't optimized for the Wii U and with special attention, I think the Wii U version can match the initial benchmarks Activision set for it.

I think Pezus made a great point too. The Wii U version will sell far less than either the PS360 versions, so it's not really worth the extra money and time to optimize it completely when you'll only sell a relative few copies due to the new hardware launching.

the nintendo fans were too busy bragging about how blops on wii u is running in 720p and the definite version

o_O.Q said:
Kenology said:

Clearly, the game isn't optimized for the Wii U and with special attention, I think the Wii U version can match the initial benchmarks Activision set for it.

I think Pezus made a great point too. The Wii U version will sell far less than either the PS360 versions, so it's not really worth the extra money and time to optimize it completely when you'll only sell a relative few copies due to the new hardware launching.

the nintendo fans were too busy bragging about how blops on wii u is running in 720p and the definite version

One person doesn't constitute the plural use of the word "fan".

Most people were skeptical and cautiously optimistic except for libroex.

Kenology said:
o_O.Q said:
Kenology said:

no that isn't true at all this is the thread right here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149591&page=1

in fact that thread was actually created after his departure

Around the Network

Its so much better playing the Black ops 2 with the wii remote. I have not even changed the settings that much and its working perfectly. I am having no problems playing the games. Its not perfect, but it plays just fine.

CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kenology said:

Vertigo-X, Nsanity, and Barozi probably wouldn't want to be called that in the strictest sense. Outside of them, it's mainly PC people posting in here.

I love it when Sony fans call themselves pc fans. Who do you guys think you're fooling lol. The first part of your post is correct though.

While your posts are usually problematic, I applaud your ability to bring back dead issues.

Hardly a dead issue, but atleast you agree PS3 fans do claim their PC fans.

phenom08 said:

Hardly a dead issue, but atleast you agree PS3 fans do claim their PC fans.

and the 2 are mutually exclusive?

CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:
Train wreck said:
phenom08 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kenology said:

So you are saying that the two cannot co-exist?  I honestly did not know that there are so many deranged people out in the internet.  It stills baffles me.

Where did i say that? You should probably reread that or just stay out of the convo.

"I love it when Sony fans call themselves pc fans. Who do you guys think you're fooling lol"

You're implying that a fan of Sony can't be a fan of the PC (or, insinuating that the persons in question are lying). Speaking of "staying out of the convo", why was your input needed in the first place?

I didnt imply anything lol, what I said was, I love it when pS3 fans call themselves pc fans. That does not say they can't be both at all. Why couldn't you say you were both? I already know why though, its because if you are referred to as a Sony fan, you posting in a Ninty thread would look like you were just there to flame. So you label yourselves PC fans to not look like trolls. Its obvious, you have plenty of post history to show which fanbase or fanbases you are with. My input was needed to point this out, his input was not needed because neither one of you read my post correctly at all. Actually you guys jumped to that conclusion because you felt offended.

o_O.Q said:
Kenology said:

no that isn't true at all this is the thread right here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149591&page=1

in fact that thread was actually created after his departure

I read through the first page and the only person's post that could be constituted as bragging would probably be superchunk's first post - and that was because he was misled by Activision PR (i.e. "full HD" at Nintendo's Wii U conference in NY).  I don't think it's fair to blame him for that though.  Everyone esle was cautiously optimistic.  Viper1 even pointed out that the Wii U not being the lead platform made him a little skeptical that it'd actually hit those targets.