By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will Sony fans react if PS4 is not the most powerful Next Gen console?

What will Sony fans think?

Not care about the graphi... 221 45.10%

Be dissapointed 173 35.31%

switch to the most powerful system 95 19.39%

Total:489

I wouldn't care, as long as it's the same as the nextbox

Around the Network

Sony can't afford to make an expensive console. Not with their precarious situation right now. Their financial position will force them to make a cheaper PS4 and less powerful. Unless they are suicidal... It's inevitable.

I will personally be very pleased because as history shows, the most powerful system does not sell the most hardware.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Make it powerful enough to play Metal Gear Solid 5 :D

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I don't think we'd see any negative reaction towards it, it might be a good thing as it might mean future PS4 owners would have a more affordable console.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
fillet said:
Jay520 said:
Sony fans are used to having weaker hardware. If what you suggest happens, then we won't hear them bragging about graphics, and Xbox fans will instead.

Come off it.

"Teh powa oF CeLl"

Surely that at least raises an eyebrow......or 10.

not sure what I should come of of. Nor of how you've replied to my post.

You're original comment doesn't answer the question.

1 + 1 = 2

But we're not living in a world consisting of 1s. We're living in real life, past gen means nothing. Now means everything, the power of the cell is now.

What's to say that it will be the past 2 gens CPU power that will mean in future generations Sony fans won't mind? That's making some crazy assumptions.

1. That PS3 fans owned both a PS1 and PS2....AND that they knew the PS1 was more powerful, unlikely.

2. That PS3 fans are generally in their late 20s and most of them will buy the PS3 (children under the age of 10 don't know what a CPU is - generally).

That sounds quite far fetched to me.

The power of the cell is a modern day feeling and a recent one. I think that's a much stronger ideology than "They're used to it with PS1 and PS2"...

Where's the analysis in that?

osed125 said:

Why would they react? During the PS1 and the PS2 era they had the least powerful consoles. Only "new" Sony fans will make a riot about this.

if that is true why are so many Sony Fans on this site starting WIiU has crap gfx /cpu ram etccthreads lol.

Then in those threads they keep saying WiiU will be blown out of the water by PS4. If that is true that would indicate a significant graphical performance increase.

My take on the situation.

Those who are absolute gfx mind driven over game play, price of console etcc will take this news bad. Some may even kill themselves as they threatended to because Bayonetta 2 become a WiiU exclusive. This would be a bigger shock to their system.

Level headed Sony Fans, knowing the finiancial situation Sony is in, will be pleased with a moderate improved system as it will help the company turn around and provide us with hours of great entertainment.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Sony not being in the game indsutry would be a huge hole like SEGA not being in it.

I didn't care back in the PS1/2 days won't care if it happens again.

guiduc said:
Sony can't afford to make an expensive console. Not with their precarious situation right now. Their financial position will force them to make a cheaper PS4 and less powerful. Unless they are suicidal... It's inevitable.

yep and that is the reason for a ps4 weak, affordable and the most important PROFITABLE DAY ONE, sony fans need to understand that a "beast console" has put sony in the path of bankruptcy, learn from nintendo a healthy company or microsoft with kinect.

:)

34 years playing games.