By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will Sony fans react if PS4 is not the most powerful Next Gen console?

What will Sony fans think?

Not care about the graphi... 221 45.10%

Be dissapointed 173 35.31%

switch to the most powerful system 95 19.39%

Total:489

its funny how some just go where the graphics are best! its like changing GF because you just found one that looks hotter than the one you had :P

so shallow!

anywho how I think some Sony fans will react? Put, FF13 plus Bayonneta together and it still would not be enough to describe what will happen to the internet! I think they might cause the world to end next year :P I mean we can't enter next year without a "world going to end prediction" right?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
its funny how some just go where the graphics are best! its like changing GF because you just found one that looks hotter than the one you had :P

so shallow!

anywho how I think some Sony fans will react? Put, FF13 plus Bayonneta together and it still would not be enough to describe what will happen to the internet! I think they might cause the world to end next year :P I mean we can't enter next year without a "world going to end prediction" right?

The funny thing is there won't be changing anything
Playstation would still have the better exclusives and the PC the better Multiplats.
And if the Playstation 4 really is easier to develop for it can also be the case that those console Multiplats are better cause everyone knows software is selling better on a Sony System WORLDWIDE(not counting copy+paste shooters like CoD).
And if Devs choose the PS4 over the Nextbox like some did with the 360 over the PS3 at the beginning(especially everyone who isn't making Copy+Paste shooters) the console has no problems if its weaker.Something like in the current Gen won't happen anymore where 90% of developers pick the 360 as lead plat cause they are afraid of learning the Playstation Architecture.Especially after nearly every studio had problems cause there games didn't sell on the 360.They won't make the mistake again.Power won't be the key next Gen.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Roma said:

so shallow!

its not just graphics its performance too , when your wii U gets a framerate of 15 fps and screen tearing like hell in a multiplatform game for ps4 next box and wii U you will open your eyes ... or not lol

like how some 3rd party games on Ps3 are?

bertlsenix said:
Roma said:

so shallow!

The funny thing is there won't be changing anything
Playstation would still have the better exclusives and the PC the better Multiplats.
And if the Playstation 4 really is easier to develop for it can also be the case that those console Multiplats are better cause everyone knows software is selling better on a Sony System WORLDWIDE(not counting copy+paste shooters like CoD).
And if Devs choose the PS4 over the Nextbox like some did with the 360 over the PS3 at the beginning(especially everyone who isn't making Copy+Paste shooters) the console has no problems if its weaker.Something like in the current Gen won't happen anymore where 90% of developers pick the 360 as lead plat cause they are afraid of learning the Playstation Architecture.Especially after nearly every studio had problems cause there games didn't sell on the 360.They won't make the mistake again.Power won't be the key next Gen.

opinion is not fact!

also 3rd party exclusives will be very rare next gen.

This is the exact same question I've been asking for MONTHS. How will folks react when the PS4 (and XBox 720) isn't as powerful as folks believe?

Will they all of a sudden be ok with it after giving the Wii U so much heat for not being the generational leap graphical leap? That's the magic question. Will be interesting to see how people change their tunes all of a sudden...

Around the Network
VGKing said:
I
LOL @ people saying PS1 and PS2 weren't the most powerful....that is partly true, but both brought forth amazing technology. PS1 was the first to do 3D and use CDs. PS2 was the first to use DVDs. At launch, these consoles were beasts.

The bolded is not right at all.

I think PS2 was the first to use DVDs but that wasn't an "amazing technology" by the time the PS2 came out, lol

The PS3's late exclusives have better graphics than most PC multiplats. The PS4box will be fine even if one is weaker than the other, it's the dev effort that ultimately matters in a case of minor performance difference.

Sony fans are like the color of the rainbow, so this is too difficult to answer. Neo-PS fans on average will melt down but learn to deal with it and build their own rationalizations. Old-school PS fans on average will be happy to see Sony in a more comfortable context, one in which they previously were winners.

Well, PS1 and PS2 weren't the most powerful systems of their generations. PS3 hasn't performed as well. Xbox was most powerful system last generation. Xbox 360 has done faaaar better. Wii took a huge initial advantage and 3DS is smoking Vita.... Surely that suggests if PS4 isn't the most powerful system next gen... it stands a far better chance of success? :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Roma said:

so shallow!

and the hotter looking gf might turn out to be a flop in bed .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

If they were actual "sony fans" then they wouldn't switch to a different platform.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash