By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will Sony fans react if PS4 is not the most powerful Next Gen console?

What will Sony fans think?

Not care about the graphi... 221 45.10%

Be dissapointed 173 35.31%

switch to the most powerful system 95 19.39%

Total:489

I want the ps4 to be affordable and slightly more powerful, I don't mind if its not as powerful as the nextbox aslong as its cheaper.

Around the Network

Well, Sony fans should be pleased. After all, the most powerful console has never been the sales winner of its generation, save for the 4th gen (SNES)... and if you include the Neo Geo then it applies there as well.

Bottom line: All three next-gen consoles are going to be able to deliver beautiful games and each console will have their pros and cons.

KylieDog said:
OP needs to stop spouting what he thinks Sony fans and/or PS3 owners are. Because he sucks at it.

What?  I didnt say Sony fans are anything ......

I simply asked how Sony fans would react if they didnt have the most powerful next gen console.....

I would be much pleased if they focused on innovation rather making a power house system... more cheaper that way anyway.

You mean like in both previous generations?

Sony fans are used to not having the most powerful console. It won't bother them much.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Sony fans are used to having weaker hardware. If what you suggest happens, then we won't hear them bragging about graphics, and Xbox fans will instead.

Come off it.

"Teh powa oF CeLl"

Surely that at least raises an eyebrow......or 10.

The line of "they are used to it in past 2 gens" doesn't fly with me.

It's true (but hardly that true considering on release they both were the most powerful around in terms of 3D output, just to cover my ass for any fussy Saturn fans)

...regardless, true or not. PS3s been on the market for 6 years or so now and the majority of fans who had PS2s and now own a PS3 were still shitting their pants when they owned a PS2 and didn't know what a CPU was let alone that the one in the PS2 ran at 333Mhz and the Xbox ran at 733Mhz (something like at least).

It's only been with THIS generation that the whole technical specifications has been constantly bought up over and over.

Bear in mind the internet and "fanboys" have only really taken over the internet this gen, as opposed to staying in the school playground...

...Too many variables are different to call and certainly too many to single in on...

..."They are used to have the weakest console", attitudes are different and life is different in the console world where specifcation is everything.

Look how quickly people jumped on the Wii-U and it's "underpowered" hardware....oh yeah who created that thread...Turkish - a PS3 fan, coincidence? Maybe, but it makes my argument sound good :p

fillet said:
Jay520 said:
Sony fans are used to having weaker hardware. If what you suggest happens, then we won't hear them bragging about graphics, and Xbox fans will instead.

Come off it.

"Teh powa oF CeLl"

Surely that at least raises an eyebrow......or 10.

not sure what I should come of of. Nor of how you've replied to my post.

maybe some bait threads

if the PS4 gets to us,we may never know

i think everyone will have to pay subs next system on the sony & MS side

i'll be buying a new PC first which will be pretty handy and i'm not actually sure where i will put my other money yet,i actually like my console to be where i play/rent movies so that side of things is important to me the online services

and lastly why is it that about a 3rd of posters who strangely worship the PS3 with over the top posts never have an avatar or many posts,it is getting worse on vgc

Above & Beyond

i personally don't see the point of getting a new console if it doesn't offer a proper improvement over the 1 i currently own
whether it is the most powerful on the market or not is of little importance for me personally