By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will Sony fans react if PS4 is not the most powerful Next Gen console?

What will Sony fans think?

Not care about the graphi... 221 45.10%

Be dissapointed 173 35.31%

switch to the most powerful system 95 19.39%

Total:489
Zappykins said:
I get so tired of the 'They haven't even tapped the power of the cell.' and 'games need bluray.' Even-though most muliplats run better on the Xbox, and only like 3-4 games, of all the games, need multiple DVD's to run this gen.

Any Sony fanboys and fangirls saying 'the PS2 was the most powerful of it's gen. That's why it sold the most.' (FYI, it was the least.) It's great that you love a system, but silly when one get's delusional and lies about it.

Power doesn't equal games. If you enjoy a game great. But the argument of which is more powerful between XBox 360 and PS3 is such a waste of time. The difference is like 5% which is completely negligible from a hardware standpoint.

Idk I consider myself to be someone who has seen it ALL this generation. I'm all over the Internet and I have NEVER seen a PlayStation fan going out of their way trying to say that PS2 was the most powerful in it's gen and that it was the reason it got the most games. 

Like where do you guys get this sh!t from? Could you give me some examples of this though? Thanks

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
I get so tired of the 'They haven't even tapped the power of the cell.' and 'games need bluray.' Even-though most muliplats run better on the Xbox, and only like 3-4 games, of all the games, need multiple DVD's to run this gen.

Any Sony fanboys and fangirls saying 'the PS2 was the most powerful of it's gen. That's why it sold the most.' (FYI, it was the least.) It's great that you love a system, but silly when one get's delusional and lies about it.

Power doesn't equal games. If you enjoy a game great. But the argument of which is more powerful between XBox 360 and PS3 is such a waste of time. The difference is like 5% which is completely negligible from a hardware standpoint.

Actually,

That would be about 30 games, sir.

Also, for the record, the PS2 was not the least powerful Home console of the 6th generation....The DREAMCAST was.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
BenVTrigger said:
riderz13371 said:
Zappykins said:
I get so tired of the 'They haven't even tapped the power of the cell.' and 'games need bluray.' Even-though CoD runs better on Xbox, and only like 3-4 games, of all the games, need multiple DVD's to run this gen.

I fixed the bold for you.

And Mass Effect, AC, Borderlands, skyrim, Fallout, etc.  Its well known multiplats in general run better on 360 as its easier to develop for

but theres also games that run better on ps3 isnt there? so it goes both ways.

Yes, Final Fantasy, and a couple of others, but it is pretty much a one way for Multiplats that they run better on the 360.  Mirosoft has done a better job of supporting developers than Sony has. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Persistantthug said:
Zappykins said:

Actually,

Also, for the record, the PS2 was not the least powerful Home console of the 6th generation....The DREAMCAST was.

You are right, I think of the Dreamcast as 5.5 Gen and not full 6th generation.  As it was the predecessor of sorts for the Xbox.  But if you included it in 6th it would be the least powerful.

Really?  There are 30 games that need multiple DVD disk?  I only know of a few, and most are fairly recent games: Assassin’s Creed 3, Halo 4, Final Fantasy, Mass Effect 2, Blue Dragon, Dead Space 2, and LA Noir.  What else am I missing from the list?

Even Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim fits on one DVD and it's a huge game.

My point is while having a Blu-ray (wish they could have agreed on one format) would have been nice, it hasn’t been much of an issue for this generation.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Persistantthug said:
Zappykins said:

Actually,

You are right, I think of the Dreamcast as 5.5 Gen and not full 6th generation.  As it was the predecessor of sorts for the Xbox.  But if you included it in 6th it would be the least powerful.

Really?  There are 30 games that need multiple DVD disk?  I only know of a few, and most are fairly recent games: Assassin’s Creed 3, Halo 4, Final Fantasy, Mass Effect 2, Blue Dragon, Dead Space 2, and LA Noir.  What else am I missing from the list?

My point is while having a Blu-ray (wish they could have agreed on one format) would have been nice, it hasn’t been much of an issue for this generation.

forza 3 and 4, quake 4 (2nd disk was actually quake 2 with 12 0G achievements lol), cant think of any others.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
Persistantthug said:
Zappykins said:

Actually,

Castlevania, RAGE, MGS Collection, MASS EFFECT 3, BATTLEFIELD 3,  Star Ocean, Oblivion GOTY...and others.

Here's a decent list:

http://www.stripesonfire.com/xbox-360-game-install-list/

osed125 said:

Why would they react? During the PS1 and the PS2 era they had the least powerful consoles. Only "new" Sony fans will make a riot about this.

This is very true. I honestly don't care about the graphical power as long as I get the amazing first party and 3rd party games that we have gotten this generation.

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
If it has Gran Turismo 6 and its an improvements over GT5 then there is no doubt in my mind that ill be getting a PS4 regardless of its spec, The APU might not be so strong on the PC when being compared to a PC with an Intel i5 3570k and a discrete graphics card like a GTX 660 however that spec already costs £400 for just the CPU and graphics card which is just un-practical, The rumors are that Sony is using a custom APU from AMD which could mean its significantly more powerful than any APU on the market and also means they wont require a discrete graphics card keeping costs low.

and sure as hell i was right

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.