By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will Sony fans react if PS4 is not the most powerful Next Gen console?

What will Sony fans think?

Not care about the graphi... 221 45.10%

Be dissapointed 173 35.31%

switch to the most powerful system 95 19.39%

Total:489

If it has Gran Turismo 6 and its an improvements over GT5 then there is no doubt in my mind that ill be getting a PS4 regardless of its spec, The APU might not be so strong on the PC when being compared to a PC with an Intel i5 3570k and a discrete graphics card like a GTX 660 however that spec already costs £400 for just the CPU and graphics card which is just un-practical, The rumors are that Sony is using a custom APU from AMD which could mean its significantly more powerful than any APU on the market and also means they wont require a discrete graphics card keeping costs low.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network

I get so tired of the 'They haven't even tapped the power of the cell.' and 'games need bluray.' Even-though most muliplats run better on the Xbox, and only like 3-4 games, of all the games, need multiple DVD's to run this gen.

Any Sony fanboys and fangirls saying 'the PS2 was the most powerful of it's gen. That's why it sold the most.' (FYI, it was the least.) It's great that you love a system, but silly when one get's delusional and lies about it.

Power doesn't equal games. If you enjoy a game great. But the argument of which is more powerful between XBox 360 and PS3 is such a waste of time. The difference is like 5% which is completely negligible from a hardware standpoint.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
I get so tired of the 'They haven't even tapped the power of the cell.' and 'games need bluray.' Even-though CoD runs better on Xbox, and only like 3-4 games, of all the games, need multiple DVD's to run this gen.

Any Sony fanboys and fangirls saying 'the PS2 was the most powerful of it's gen. That's why it sold the most.' (FYI, it was the least.) It's great that you love a system, but silly when one get's delusional and lies about it.

Power doesn't equal games. If you enjoy a game great. But the argument of which is more powerful between XBox 360 and PS3 is such a waste of time. The difference is like 5% which is completely negligible from a hardware standpoint.

I fixed the bold for you.

I don't know. How did Sony fans react to the PS2?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

riderz13371 said:
Zappykins said:
I get so tired of the 'They haven't even tapped the power of the cell.' and 'games need bluray.' Even-though CoD runs better on Xbox, and only like 3-4 games, of all the games, need multiple DVD's to run this gen.

And Mass Effect, AC, Borderlands, skyrim, Fallout, etc.  Its well known multiplats in general run better on 360 as its easier to develop for

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
riderz13371 said:
Zappykins said:

And Mass Effect, AC, Borderlands, skyrim, Fallout, etc.  Its well known multiplats in general run better on 360 as its easier to develop for

Mass Effect was an xbox exclusive, Assassins Creed has extra content on the PS3, can't say anything about borderlands cause I haven't played it, and Bethesda are complete incompetent fools when it comes to making games for the PS3. 

I actually expect xbox to be the most powerful. But for me personally I want the ps4 to be powerful 'enough' that's all. I want it to be powerful enough so first party studios like ND and Santa Monica work their magic.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

BenVTrigger said:
riderz13371 said:
Zappykins said:

but theres also games that run better on ps3 isnt there? so it goes both ways.

I'll still stick with Sony regardless.

Having the most powerful console this go-round didn't help them much, as it made the system too expensive and the hardware was convoluted. Hence the the multiplatform games that looked and played worse (Bayonetta, Skyrim, etc.) and the two consoles putting out similar graphics overall. The biggest obvious, unambiguous hardware advantage the PS3 had was the Blu-ray drive, and the 720 will have that for sure.

To begin with, none of the plausible rumors suggest there will be much difference in performance between the PS4 and NextBox anyway. I'm mainly interested in one because I have no interest in the Wii U.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
BenVTrigger said:
riderz13371 said:
Zappykins said:

but theres also games that run better on ps3 isnt there? so it goes both ways.

Oh yeah theres certainly games that perform better on PS3.  He edited the other users post however to say only COD runs better on 360 which just isnt true