By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U really sold out?

Have you seen a lot of Wii U consoles sitting on shelves?

Yes 94 23.21%

No 232 57.28%

I don't care about the Wii U 79 19.51%

Total:405

Don't live in the states so I obviously can't check out store stock, but it appears that the Wii U is sold out online at stores like Amazon.com, BestBuy.com and Walmart.com ...

Any Americans want to comment on inventory after going to Black Friday sales?

Edit: I should note that I did see 3 Wii U consoles in Walmart yesterday, but they were all the 8GB system ...

I get the feeling that the 8GB system isn't (really) that popular, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it discontinued sometime in 2013

Around the Network

Fiance said she saw plenty a t Kmart and Walmart. She just returned from Black Friday shopping.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It's all just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Getting to Best Buy or Target the minute they open on a morning they've gotten a shipment is likely the only way to guarantee you'll get one until the holiday fervor settles down after the 25th.

Nintendo's shipped many more Wii U's for launch than for Wii 1, but the demand for Wii U is also greater as the brand is one of the most recognizeable in the world, as opposed to 2006 when only those who followed E3 had any idea what a Wii was.

All of the local Future Shop stores near me are showing available stock for the Wii U basic. The Deluxe appears to be sold out though.

Arcturus said:
All of the local Future Shop stores near me are showing available stock for the Wii U basic. The Deluxe appears to be sold out though.

damn my uncle comes dec/22 from NY i think im not gonna  get my WiiU  :( he is supposedly bring it to me from USA but i think is going to be impossible to get one :(

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:

The games are available, no consoles to be found. My favorite game store only had 2 in so far, it will be a while before my pre-order will be available :/

Future shops website is buggered up, it's showing available in store the WiiU (sold out online), but in the actual store locator it says not available for anything in a 100km radius. I was just there yesterday and zero stock.

KylieDog said:

I walked into a store today and was told they had loads of WiiU consoles in stock in the back.  White and black.

Makes sense, it's Black Friday.  That's when you want to have shipped tons of units to retailers.

I'm  more interested in how many systems are available tonight.

I'm sure in the coming weeks you'll be able to walk into most stores and pick one up now that the first wave of pre-ordered consoles have been depleted.

You may also see some stores announce when they're getting a big shipment in so people can line up in a sort of Black Friday redux. I've seen both Best Buy and Target do this for the original Wii back in Dec '06 a few weeks after launch.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

There weren't any in any nearby stores in my place...

Well than again i live in europe xD

SvennoJ said:
Arcturus said:

The games are available, no consoles to be found. My favorite game store only had 2 in so far, it will be a while before my pre-order will be available :/

Future shops website is buggered up, it's showing available in store the WiiU (sold out online), but in the actual store locator it says not available for anything in a 100km radius. I was just there yesterday and zero stock.

That's bizarre. For me, it's showing that the basic Wii U is in stock online, and it's showing as in stock at the three closest stores to me.