By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U really sold out?

Have you seen a lot of Wii U consoles sitting on shelves?

Yes 94 23.21%

No 232 57.28%

I don't care about the Wii U 79 19.51%

Total:405
Mmmfishtacos said:
darkknightkryta said:
Reggie "I'll pay someone 1200 dollars to find a Wii U in stock"

So is that per Wii U? Cause if so he owes me a lot of money.

I don't think you understood his joke...

Apparently Nintendo shipped a hole bunch of Wii U consoles for Black Friday, I think that's why people are seeing so many.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

They are sold out around here ny. I should get on the gamestop list.come black friday they will be goneee

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Mmmfishtacos said:
darkknightkryta said:

Haha that was actually from Jack Tretton, a Sony exec talking about the PS3 years ago. Penny Arcade made a comic about it:

I've seen them in shelves everywhere in the Vancouver area.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Boutros said:
All models are in stock on Gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-wii+u

That's crazy!  I was at their site just 4 hours ago and they didn't have any other than for people on the waiting list.  Good news for anyone looking for one.

Around the Network

I actually had to go to Walmart to get some last minute crap for Thanksgiving and a couple nunchuks. They had 2 basic and 5 deluxe in stock. At a Walmart. That was insanely busy. I also just got an email from ToysRUs promoting it.

I'm betting that since no retailer advertised it for Black Friday there are a ton of people not even realizing its out lol. That and the combination that Nintendo stated they shipped more at launch than they did Wii's back in 2006.

I'm sure it will go away again soon as stock is there in random spots, just in slim numbers.

archbrix said:
Boutros said:

That's crazy!  I was at their site just 4 hours ago and they didn't have any other than for people on the waiting list.  Good news for anyone looking for one.

Should look a little closer, clicking add to cart shows the deluxe is not available though the basic is, however do not trust a website, any order can simply become backordered until available to ship.

mr.cool said:
wow the crapbox 360, you know what they say if it looks like shit, if it tastes like shit, and it sounds like shit then it's an xbox thats right comee at me you me you fanboys

Shame you got banned. I really wanted to know wtf is unrealated rant was all about lol.

jlrx said:
archbrix said:
Boutros said:

Should look a little closer, clicking add to cart shows the deluxe is not available though the basic is, however do not trust a website, any order can simply become backordered until available to ship.

Ahh, yeah I didn't look that closely.  Earlier, both SKUs were labeled as unavailable right from the list page.

fordy said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
darkknightkryta said:

Haha that was actually from Jack Tretton, a Sony exec talking about the PS3 years ago. Penny Arcade made a comic about it:

Damn it! I was expecting monies! Lol I guess that was when Sony was being cocky coming off the PS2.