By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U really sold out?

Have you seen a lot of Wii U consoles sitting on shelves?

Yes 94 23.21%

No 232 57.28%

I don't care about the Wii U 79 19.51%

Total:405
Vinniegambini said:
How much do you think the Wii U will sell week 1 in the United States? I'm thinking between 650,000 - 800,000 units. Just for the sake to show the press and investors that the Wii U sold better than the Wii its first week! What do you guys think?

I don't really know to be honest ...

It isn't unusual to see consoles sell more than 1 Million units the week of Black Friday but it is rare for a system to ship more than 500,000 units on launch week; and anything between 500,000 and 1,500,000 seems like a reasonable enough prediction to me.

Personally, I suspect that Nintendo shipped something like 350,000 to 650,000 for launch day and then (probably) followed up with an additional 350,000 to 650,000 for black-friday; and by the end of today they will be (virtually) sold out everywhere. If I was them I would have probably shipped as many as I could justify for launch day, see how it sold and then adjust the size of the second shipment appropriately; if it sold out day one ship the entire second shipment and if it was readily available cut the second shipment in half to ensure that the system sold more than 1 million units in launch week or was (at least) sold out everywhere. The thought being that next week Nintendo could have a press release that they sold a record number of systems at launch, that it was "Over 1 million units" or that it "sold out the entire shipment of X many units we produced" ...

Around the Network

the white unit is not bad u just dont get the chargeing dock and other things iam going to hoook upa usb drive anyways so it dont matter if its 8 or 32 gigs

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Vinniegambini said:
Kuramakun said:
Vinniegambini said:
How much do you think the Wii U will sell week 1 in the United States? I'm thinking between 650,000 - 800,000 units. Just for the sake to show the press and investors that the Wii U sold better than the Wii its first week! What do you guys think?

I think You're about right, I'd bet around the same Hopefully it hits a million.

BTW You play FFXIV I assume? Did you play on the Last day of 1.0 closing? I can't wait for ARR!! I loved 1.0 But it din't have so much content.

I used to play FXIV and was even one of the few customers who bought it a launch and I can tell you boy do I regreat it -_- However, I have now pre-ordered it for PS3 the 2.0 version as it really looks better and might I add that the ending of 1.0 was A M A Z I N G!

I bought the collectors edition of FFXIV and regretted it immensely, I never even logged in again during the whole year plus of free play.

coolguy said:
the white unit is not bad u just dont get the chargeing dock and other things iam going to hoook upa usb drive anyways so it dont matter if its 8 or 32 gigs

Digital Deluxe Promotion looks really really good (%10 back on each digital purchase for 2 years? Awesome.)

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
We have two whites left now here. After six months nintendo may want a price reduction on white.

The Basic Set is just a backup to say that the price of the Wii U starts with a "2". If it doesn't sell and the Deluxe Set becomes the package of choice (and thus $349 acceptable), then Nintendo will probably phase out the Basic Set altogether as they are losing more money on it.

it's definitely made to make the entry fee look appealing even if it is a ripoff for consumers in terms of value but I think there's a dedicated amount of people for it to continue buying it.I am getting the white basic pack and I am sure a lot of teenagers tight on money wouldn't care for nintendoland or accesories