By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U really sold out?

Have you seen a lot of Wii U consoles sitting on shelves?

Yes 94 23.21%

No 232 57.28%

I don't care about the Wii U 79 19.51%

Total:405
shokenchi said:
walmart has plenty in stock where i live. not getting one soon. waiting for more games and price drops. not gonna make same mistake purchase like the ps3.

$350 vs $600.

Yer don't make the same mistake as when you purcahsed a PS3

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
shokenchi said:
walmart has plenty in stock where i live. not getting one soon. waiting for more games and price drops. not gonna make same mistake purchase like the ps3.

$350 vs $600.

Yer don't make the same mistake as when you purcahsed a PS3

not to mention that's 600 dollars from 2006, yick.....

from my black friday outing i saw wiiU at 2/3 stores. i'd say stock is currently tight but wiiU is certainly attainable. i have a feeling those who pre-ordered to flip them on ebay are going to get screwed.

kitler53 said:
from my black friday outing i saw wiiU at 2/3 stores. i'd say stock is currently tight but wiiU is certainly attainable. i have a feeling those who pre-ordered to flip them on ebay are going to get screwed.

good, I hate those fuckers.

dahuman said:
kitler53 said:

good, I hate those fuckers.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wii+u+32gb&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

450 is a 140 dollar profit for me

Around the Network

On ebay it appears about 4,022 were sold while 4,097 went unsold so far, I am going to bet the majority of the ones on ebay will end up selling

jlrx said:
On ebay it appears about 4,022 were sold while 4,097 went unsold so far, I am going to bet the majority of the ones on ebay will end up selling

the unsold ones also have a high reserve or buy now option. the ones selling are the ones that are for over 400 and under 500. I put mine up on craigslist for 450.

kitler53 said:

Which is why i gave my extra preorders to others. Nintendo did well front loading this time.

Max King of the Wild said:
jlrx said:

the unsold ones also have a high reserve or buy now option. the ones selling are the ones that are for over 400 and under 500. I put mine up on craigslist for 450.

Which is your break-even price when you add sales tax ebay/paypal fees and shipping. Atleast you won't lose $$.

So, went to walmart to pick up food for the weekend and they're sold out of Wii U systems again ...

I'm really curious how many systems they shipped this week, I'm fairly certain they shipped more than 500,000 and I doubt they shipped more than 1,500,000 but nothing in between would be too shocking to me.