By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2K president: 'There's nothing in my body doubting that the Wii U will be successful'

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/there-s-nothing-in-my-body-doubting-that-the-wii-u-will-be-successful-2k-president-admits/0106784?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mcvuk%2Fstream+%28MCV%3A+Home+Stream%29

Can Wii U replicate the record-breaking success of the Wii?

That’s the question gripping the industry at the moment following the console’s North American launch at the weekend and the upcoming UK arrival next week.

But there’s certainly no doubt from 2K Games president Christoph Hartmann who in an interview with MCV has expressed his unwavering belief in the power of Nintendo.

“Nintendo always impresses and surprises me,” he said. “The team there has so much knowledge built up over many, many years. Nintendo always finds its crowd.

“There have been people doubting the Wii U because they don’t really understand it. I wasn’t sure about the Wii and I was proved wrong, proved wrong by my own people, which I like the most because we sold a lot of Carnival Games. I believe the Wii U offers something special and we will be surprised how consumers will get attached.

“There’s nothing in my body, not a single piece, doubting that the Wii U will be successful.”

The full interview with Hartmann can be read in this week’s issue of MCV that will arrive both in mailboxes and online tomorrow.

Reggie got to him!

Around the Network

That picture of Reggie, jesus christ...

But no. I don't think there's any chance that the Wii-U is not going to be a success. Not a chance. What level of success remains to be seen!

lol, i really hope he's familiar with the meme because if that was on accident..

Enough word shenanigans 2k Games, be a good little developer and start giving Wii U some love.

His body is finally ready.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

But no. I don't think there's any chance that the Wii-U is going to be a success. Not a chance. What level of success remains to be seen!

I say the same for every Sony product and haven't been wrong yet!

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

I knew that pic was going to be here! I'm hoping for decent 2K support. It would be nice to have a GTA on a Nintendo home console. At least I picked up all the other ones for cheap on a Steam sale.

So his body is ready, but is his management ready to really support WiiU. I mean REALLY support it with all games, not just carnival crap. While I'm not a GTA fan, 2K and R* do have a lot of other good games and I want WiiU to get everything it can.

ninetailschris said:
Kresnik said:

But no. I don't think there's any chance that the Wii-U is going to be a success. Not a chance. What level of success remains to be seen!

I say the same for every Sony product and haven't been wrong yet!

After your reply to my post made absolutely no sense in my head, I realise I accidentally a word, so you can quit the outraged retaliations.

I meant to say:

"I don't think there's any chance that the Wii-U is not going to be a success"

Which makes the whole thing make sense ("What level of success remains to be seen" didn't make much sense after that first line, did it?)  

I realise it's a pretty important word to forget, but still, calm down!

I apologise, long day.

no GTAV, no Borderlands, no Bioshock mmm.....Looks like he believes it will be a success based on nintendo franchises.