By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Fitness Discussion - Get Ready for Summer!

JayWood2010 said:

Good for you man. Glad to see other people on vgchartz besides me concerned about health and wanting to work out :)

As far as Scooby the guy knows what he is talking about but from what I've noticed about him is he targets more bodybuilder type guys. I may be wrong, just what i've watched from him. Personally I like the lean muscular build than the bulky muscular build.

Everybody has different goals

Yes i know he targets more that demography but with his workouts you can get the body you want, you just need to adapt the workouts for your need.

I dont like to be really bulk aswell, i rather be like im now with 171cm, 70kg and around 10% BF. I have many muscle mass, my legs and arms are pretty big now i just want more chest!

Lean muscular build is better for me because on Sports i can run more and have more explosivness force, most bodybuilders are slow and cant run much, its just bad and they arent healthy aswell.

My objective for the next 1 or 2 years is this:

Weight : 75-80kg

BF : 8-10%

i allways define before Summer since i gain some fat during the process wich is normal.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:

Good for you man. Glad to see other people on vgchartz besides me concerned about health and wanting to work out :)

As far as Scooby the guy knows what he is talking about but from what I've noticed about him is he targets more bodybuilder type guys. I may be wrong, just what i've watched from him. Personally I like the lean muscular build than the bulky muscular build.

Yes i know he targets more that demography but with his workouts you can get the body you want, you just need to adapt the workouts for your need.

I dont like to be really bulk aswell, i rather be like im now with 171cm, 70kg and around 10% BF. I have many muscle mass, my legs and arms are pretty big now i just want more chest!

Lean muscular build is better for me because on Sports i can run more and have more explosivness force, most bodybuilders are slow and cant run much, its just bad and they arent healthy aswell.

i allways define before Summer since i gain some fat during the process wich is normal.

You should check out this website.  I'm signed up with them and they give you great information.  Every friday they will send you an email of the things they talked about that week. They put up new threads often. Right now they have one up about thanksgiving meals. 

http://www.builtlean.com/

Argh_College said:
Gilgamesh said:

I use to go to the gym a lot but stopped and been just jogging a lot to stay a little in shape (talking about energy and stamina). I have a high metabolism so it's hard to gain weight. My routined schedual used to be:

Monday: Chest, Triceps

Tuesday: Legs (all muscles from ass down but calves)

Wednesday: Recovery day

Thursday: Shoulders, Abs, Calves

Friday: Back, Biceps

Nothing on Saturday and Sunday.

I did a 5 mins warm up jog before and after workout, most excersizes consisted of 4 or 3 sets and I usually aimed for 15 to 12 reps for the first and a little less for every other one (upping the weights per set).

I did this for 4 months straight pretty hardcore and put on 25 lb, I was also talking supplements, I took Mutant Mass (gave me horrible shits and the smelliest farts ever, even I couldn't handle them). I never had that defined 6 pack but I did a lot wrong that you mentioned, after every workout we'd go drink about a dozen beer and eat fast food so that didn't help lol But on the right day if I didn't eat much, like in the mornings you can see a clear 6 pack.

Anyway I'm pretty use to that routine and I know it works I don't care to much about the defined 6 pack, it would be nice to have but I'm pretty sure I'll always have a tiny gut my dads the same he said it runs in the family, so I would rather gain weight I'm at 155 I'd like to be around 170 or 175. Anyways Arghe, do you have any tips or anything to add? 

i like your routine but i cant do that now, i used a routine like that before, not exactly but almost. here´s my old routine and i will post my new routine since now i can only workout on weekends.

Old :

Mondays : Back, Triceps

Tuesdays : Abs, Cardio

Wednesdays : Legs, Shoulders

Thursdays : Abs, Cardio

Fridays: Chest, Biceps

Saturday: Cardio

Sunday : Abs, Low Cardio

i add tons of muscle mas in 1 year. 11kg of muscle and 4.5kg of Fat by a calculator.

My New workout since im in College and time is limited and i dont want to spend money on a gym anymorei bought weights, pull ups bar etc...

New:

Monday : Cardio

Tuedays : Abs, Push Ups - Tons of Variations to Work Chest and Triceps

Wedenesdays : Cardio (Class)

Thursdays : Cardio (Pool), Abs if not sore.

Fridays : Chest, Back, Biceps

Saturday : Legs, Abs

Sunday: Shoulders, Triceps

Note: Sometimes i cant workout on Saturday so i change legs to Sunday and skip abs.

As you can see my older workout was much better and the results were better, i keep seeing amazing results and pump, as long as you workout results will show up even if you dont do weights and just push ups, pull ups results will show. 

Push Ups and Pull Ups are the best exercises you can do for me i love them, i use them on my Chest and Back Workout and they give such an amazing pump. Sure Dumbell Rows or Dumbell flies for Chest are also great mass builders but i think the Kings are Pull Ups and Push Ups.

Hey and if you are really wanting to increase your chest then you should invest in a bench instead of pushups.  Anyways the fight club chest workout is pretty good.  

Push-ups – 3 sets 
Bench press 3 sets
Incline press 3sets
Nautilus Press 3 sets
Pec deck 3 sets

JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:

You should check out this website.  I'm signed up with them and they give you great information.  Every friday they will send you an email of the things they talked about that week. They put up new threads often. Right now they have one up about thanksgiving meals. 

Oh man Christmas and the new year its really though for most to not gain weight... The whole family gains weight here, i gain but more muscle sure xD

Well i allways eat alot these days but i workout before that and go to run to street. Last year before Christmas Dinner i trained hard Chest and Biceps and before the New years i did Back and Tricpes 1.30h and run so i know im allways in shape even eating alot!

Oh and Abs time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mgUselcDU

Pretty good if you had some harder exercises like i did and do them in that sequence...

What a coincidence, I was just looking some stuff up about my own workouts :)

Will look at this later.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
Gilgamesh said:

I use to go to the gym a lot but stopped and been just jogging a lot to stay a little in shape (talking about energy and stamina). I have a high metabolism so it's hard to gain weight. My routined schedual used to be:

Monday: Chest, Triceps

Tuesday: Legs (all muscles from ass down but calves)

Wednesday: Recovery day

Thursday: Shoulders, Abs, Calves

Friday: Back, Biceps

Nothing on Saturday and Sunday.

I did a 5 mins warm up jog before and after workout, most excersizes consisted of 4 or 3 sets and I usually aimed for 15 to 12 reps for the first and a little less for every other one (upping the weights per set).

I did this for 4 months straight pretty hardcore and put on 25 lb, I was also talking supplements, I took Mutant Mass (gave me horrible shits and the smelliest farts ever, even I couldn't handle them). I never had that defined 6 pack but I did a lot wrong that you mentioned, after every workout we'd go drink about a dozen beer and eat fast food so that didn't help lol But on the right day if I didn't eat much, like in the mornings you can see a clear 6 pack.

Anyway I'm pretty use to that routine and I know it works I don't care to much about the defined 6 pack, it would be nice to have but I'm pretty sure I'll always have a tiny gut my dads the same he said it runs in the family, so I would rather gain weight I'm at 155 I'd like to be around 170 or 175. Anyways Arghe, do you have any tips or anything to add? 

i like your routine but i cant do that now, i used a routine like that before, not exactly but almost. here´s my old routine and i will post my new routine since now i can only workout on weekends.

Old :

Mondays : Back, Triceps

Tuesdays : Abs, Cardio

Wednesdays : Legs, Shoulders

Thursdays : Abs, Cardio

Fridays: Chest, Biceps

Saturday: Cardio

Sunday : Abs, Low Cardio

i add tons of muscle mas in 1 year. 11kg of muscle and 4.5kg of Fat by a calculator.

My New workout since im in College and time is limited and i dont want to spend money on a gym anymorei bought weights, pull ups bar etc...

New:

Monday : Cardio

Tuedays : Abs, Push Ups - Tons of Variations to Work Chest and Triceps

Wedenesdays : Cardio (Class)

Thursdays : Cardio (Pool), Abs if not sore.

Fridays : Chest, Back, Biceps

Saturday : Legs, Abs

Sunday: Shoulders, Triceps

Note: Sometimes i cant workout on Saturday so i change legs to Sunday and skip abs.

As you can see my older workout was much better and the results were better, i keep seeing amazing results and pump, as long as you workout results will show up even if you dont do weights and just push ups, pull ups results will show. 

Push Ups and Pull Ups are the best exercises you can do for me i love them, i use them on my Chest and Back Workout and they give such an amazing pump. Sure Dumbell Rows or Dumbell flies for Chest are also great mass builders but i think the Kings are Pull Ups and Push Ups.

Hey and if you are really wanting to increase your chest then you should invest in a bench instead of pushups.  Anyways the fight club chest workout is pretty good.  

Push-ups – 3 sets 
Bench press 3 sets
Incline press 3sets
Nautilus Press 3 sets
Pec deck 3 sets

That was my workout at the gym during 1 year, i dont agree with that.

My new work for chest is working way more than the last.

Dumbell Flys - 4 Sets

Dumbell PRess - 4 Sets

Dumbell Hip PRess - 4 Sets

Ultra-Wide Push Ups - 2/3 Sets

Normal Push Ups - 2/3 Sets

Hip Push Ups - 2/3 sets

Note: i dont do all of this, i just mix them so sometimes i dont one others times the other. i do 4 Chest exercises everytime i train.

Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:

Oh man Christmas and the new year its really though for most to not gain weight... The whole family gains weight here, i gain but more muscle sure xD

Well i allways eat alot these days but i workout before that and go to run to street. Last year before Christmas Dinner i trained hard Chest and Biceps and before the New years i did Back and Tricpes 1.30h and run so i know im allways in shape even eating alot!

Oh and Abs time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mgUselcDU

Pretty good if you had some harder exercises like i did and do them in that sequence...

Superset or circuit training?

I actually do my ab workouts in circuits.  I can do my whole ab workout in about 10 minutes which is extremely helpful as i can do it anywhere quickly

Awesome thread man. I've just started going to the gym again and I am loving it.

Lots of good information here too, I'm not really into bulking or gaining major muscle mass, but I do need the reminder to do some weight work otherwise I will just become too scrony.

Anyway thanks for putting the time into this. I hope this thread stays positive and people can help motivate and reinforce each other, as oppose to endless arguing over which exercise method is more effective (although nothing wrong with some healthy debate).

That was my workout at the gym during 1 year, i dont agree with that.

My new work for chest is working way more than the last.

Dumbell Flys - 4 Sets

Dumbell PRess - 4 Sets

Dumbell Hip PRess - 4 Sets

Ultra-Wide Push Ups - 2/3 Sets

Normal Push Ups - 2/3 Sets

Hip Push Ups - 2/3 sets

Note: i dont do all of this, i just mix them so sometimes i dont one others times the other. i do 4 Chest exercises everytime i train.

Sounds pretty brutal haha I switch my routine a lot myself although I probably switch them a little too much.

And if you aren't getting results it's probably because you are overtraining your chest.  You shouldn't work them out every day.  Let me ask, are you an ectomorph, mesomorph, or an endomorph?

JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:

Push-ups – 3 sets 
Bench press 3 sets
Incline press 3sets
Nautilus Press 3 sets
Pec deck 3 sets

Bench press is probably one of the most dangerous work outs to do (to your body), it's way to easy to get injured. I f*cked my shoulder on it (luckily the only time it bothers me is when I use the bench press, I don't notice  it doing everyday things). I talked to the guy that owned the gym and that's when he told me why people shouldn't use the bench press he never used it in over 6 years. Dumbells all the way.