By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Fitness Discussion - Get Ready for Summer!

Gilgamesh said:
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:

Hey and if you are really wanting to increase your chest then you should invest in a bench instead of pushups.  Anyways the fight club chest workout is pretty good.  

Push-ups – 3 sets 
Bench press 3 sets
Incline press 3sets
Nautilus Press 3 sets
Pec deck 3 sets

Bench press is probably one of the most dangerous work outs to do (to your body), it's way to easy to get injured. I f*cked my shoulder on it (luckily the only time it bothers me is when I use the bench press, I don't notice  it doing everyday things). I talked to the guy that owned the gym and that's when he told me why people shouldn't use the bench press he never used it in over 6 years. Dumbells all the way.

Yeah it is very dangerous but so is squats and dead lifts.  The problem with all three of these are i people a lot of the time try lifting more than they can. And always have a spotter.  I don't because I workout at my home but I try my best to be as safe as possible

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:

Good for you man. Glad to see other people on vgchartz besides me concerned about health and wanting to work out :)

As far as Scooby the guy knows what he is talking about but from what I've noticed about him is he targets more bodybuilder type guys. I may be wrong, just what i've watched from him. Personally I like the lean muscular build than the bulky muscular build.

Everybody has different goals

Yes i know he targets more that demography but with his workouts you can get the body you want, you just need to adapt the workouts for your need.

I dont like to be really bulk aswell, i rather be like im now with 171cm, 70kg and around 10% BF. I have many muscle mass, my legs and arms are pretty big now i just want more chest!

Lean muscular build is better for me because on Sports i can run more and have more explosivness force, most bodybuilders are slow and cant run much, its just bad and they arent healthy aswell.

My objective for the next 1 or 2 years is this:

Weight : 75-80kg

BF : 8-10%

i allways define before Summer since i gain some fat during the process wich is normal.

You should check out this website.  I'm signed up with them and they give you great information.  Every friday they will send you an email of the things they talked about that week. They put up new threads often. Right now they have one up about thanksgiving meals. 

http://www.builtlean.com/

Oh man Christmas and the new year its really though for most to not gain weight... The whole family gains weight here, i gain but more muscle sure xD

Well i allways eat alot these days but i workout before that and go to run to street. Last year before Christmas Dinner i trained hard Chest and Biceps and before the New years i did Back and Tricpes 1.30h and run so i know im allways in shape even eating alot!

Oh and Abs time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mgUselcDU

Pretty good if you had some harder exercises like i did and do them in that sequence...

Superset or circuit training?

I actually do my ab workouts in circuits.  I can do my whole ab workout in about 10 minutes which is extremely helpful as i can do it anywhere quickly

Superset.

JayWood2010 said:

That was my workout at the gym during 1 year, i dont agree with that.

My new work for chest is working way more than the last.

Dumbell Flys - 4 Sets

Dumbell PRess - 4 Sets

Dumbell Hip PRess - 4 Sets

Ultra-Wide Push Ups - 2/3 Sets

Normal Push Ups - 2/3 Sets

Hip Push Ups - 2/3 sets

Note: i dont do all of this, i just mix them so sometimes i dont one others times the other. i do 4 Chest exercises everytime i train.

Sounds pretty brutal haha I switch my routine a lot myself although I probably switch them a little too much.

And if you aren't getting results it's probably because you are overtraining your chest.  You shouldn't work them out every day.  Let me ask, are you an ectomorph, mesomorph, or an endomorph?

i only work my chest once or twice a week im not overtraining. My Chest is cool i just want it bigger, its not small by any means.

im the middle one i guess its mesomorph?

NiKKoM said:

But... drunk chicks are my priorities... it's much easier to pick up drunk chicks then fit chicks...

This. Fit chicks run much faster and they don't fall over as much as drunk chicks.

Signature goes here!

tagged

Around the Network

Oh and i never use supersets only for abs.

Well never is a strong word, i´ve done supersets for Chest before or Arms per example.

Chest Superset :

S1: Dumbell Flys, followed by Dumbell Press followed by Ultra Wide Push Ups.
S2: Chicken Press followed by Incline Dumbell Press followed by Hip Push Ups.
S3. Incline Dumbell Fly followed by Ultra Wide Push Ups Followed by Backpack Push Ups.

Something like that you can alternate for whatever you like most.

Arms Superset:

s1 - Dumbell Curls followed by Skullcrushers
s2 - Dips Followed by Hammer Curls
s3 - Chin ups Followed by Triceps press

Well there are milions of combinations you can do.

i´ve tried it before but i rather do all the muscles one by one.

Note: You might be talking about dropping weight supersets, well i´ve done that aswell per example went from 25kg dumbell flys and finish on the 4th set with 12kg. i dont like it much.

Argh_College said:

Well never is a strong word, i´ve done supersets for Chest before or Arms per example.

Chest Superset :

S3. Incline Dumbell Fly followed by Ultra Wide Push Ups Followed by Backpack Push Ups.

Arms Superset:

Note: You might be talking about dropping weight supersets, well i´ve done that aswell per example went from 25kg dumbell flys and finish on the 4th set with 12kg. i dont like it much.

A lot of people recommend supersets escpecially for gaining muscle mass.  I've never really looked into the science of them personally.  I might have to give some of those supersets a try later.

but yeah man definitely try cutting back on doing chest exercises everyday.  That isn't enough time for them to repair.  If you are an ectomorph about every 3 days at most,  same with a mesomorph about every 2 days.  If you don't let them repair though they wont get bigger, you may actually cause long term damage if you continue to over work them.

JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:

Chest Superset :

Arms Superset:

A lot of people recommend supersets escpecially for gaining muscle mass.  I've never really looked into the science of them personally.  I might have to give some of those supersets a try later.

but yeah man definitely try cutting back on doing chest exercises everyday.  That isn't enough time for them to repair.  If you are an ectomorph about every 3 days at most,  same with a mesomorph about every 2 days.  If you don't let them repair though they wont get bigger, you may actually cause long term damage if you continue to over work them.

im not doing them everyday mate just once or twice a week.

im going to start doing ZERO Rest for Chest already on Friday.

Take a Look:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-rest/

its a 30-45 minutes workout for Chest, choose 2 different exercises and keep going for 15 minutes, then select another 2.

i will do this with:

Set 1 : Dumbell Flys + Ultra Wide Push Ups

Set 2 : Dumbell Press + Hip Push Ups

Set 3 (if i can) : Dumbell Hip Press or Chicken Press + Normal Push Ups OR Diamon Push Ups.

Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:

Chest Superset :

Arms Superset:

Take a Look:

its a 30-45 minutes workout for Chest, choose 2 different exercises and keep going for 15 minutes, then select another 2.

i will do this with:

Set 3 (if i can) : Dumbell Hip Press or Chicken Press + Normal Push Ups OR Diamon Push Ups.

oh ok, from the sounds of it before I thought you were.  And that looks pretty beastly.  I kind of want to try it haha  OVERKILL lol

JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:

Chest Superset :

Arms Superset:

Take a Look:

i will do this with:

oh ok, from the sounds of it before I thought you were.  And that looks pretty beastly.  I kind of want to try it haha  OVERKILL lol

i never did it but it looks insane!

i see you train you might want to see this 

http://scoobysworkshop.com/train-heavy/

and this

http://scoobysworkshop.com/mix-it-up/

This is pretty awesome!