By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy a Wii U??? (I'm a PS3 fan)

Tagged games:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
noname2200 said:
Unless the other two companies change their strategy next generation, it'll probably be the best local multiplayer console. If that matters enough to you to spend $300 on hardware, then do it.

I just saw it, no its not. Xbox Live and PSN are still beyond it. Their next gen online offerings will be better. The controller does feel really good though.

He said local.

I agree that Nintendo needs huge work on their online though to catchup.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
noname2200 said:
Unless the other two companies change their strategy next generation, it'll probably be the best local multiplayer console. If that matters enough to you to spend $300 on hardware, then do it.

I just saw it, no its not. Xbox Live and PSN are still beyond it. Their next gen online offerings will be better.

That is very relevant.

Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
noname2200 said:

I just saw it, no its not. Xbox Live and PSN are still beyond it. Their next gen online offerings will be better. The controller does feel really good though.

He said local.

Nintendo has always run local multiplayer. The family and friends deal is their mo.

Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
noname2200 said:

He said local.

Yeah, local. I don't give a crap about ther online multiplayer. My GF doen't uses it. And most of the games I would buy for myself would be Zelda or metroid or single player games. So, yes local multiplayer.

I'm making up my mind. Now I gotta see if I can get one when I go. I'll see if there's a way to pre-order it and just pick it up or something.

If you do get one, make sure you buy Xenoblade for yourself since you're into RPGs and it's like one of the highest rated RPGs.

Around the Network

You asked so: No you should stick with the PS3 and wait for the Nextbox and or PS4.

Edit: If it can bring you and your girl closer more often than why the hell not.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150146&page=1#

My honest opionion is wait until you see a game you really want it you want it. If you like nintendo games then you will want it at some point.

Laurel Aitken said:

If you or her enjoys nintendo games I guess you should buy it if you have the money and if there are already games you want to play.

But if it is just nostalgia or curiosity, I recommend to wait for the PS4.

If you have a need to play some Mario then go ahead and get it. Other besides that the library is limited and isn't worth playing the ports from the other HD consoles. The system is slow when loading between apps and into games. Even returning to the home screen takes a bunch of time. The game pad feels a bit on the cheap side. When i shake it it rattles. Sounds like something is loses inside. The captive touch screen isn't as responsive as the touch devices you're use to and many times I'd find my self tapping the screen several times to get to work. The buttons are in an odd spot, it seems like i have to move my fingers more than on the ps3 or xbox. While the sticks and the z buttons feel nice, getting to the L and R buttons is a chore. The web browser is pretty nice, but i find the curtain thing to be pretty pointless, along with miivers. The remote function is ok, but it didn't find my cable box so it's also point less if all i can do is change my tv. Cause i still need to grab the cable remote. This is a current gen system. So if your expecting next gen goodness you wont find it here. If your looking for a nice system that plays Nintendo games than this is it, but a bit too pricy for what you get.

JayWood2010 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150146&page=1#

My honest opionion is wait until you see a game you really want it you want it. If you like nintendo games then you will want it at some point.

but but but if he waits then the games won't come.

You see, developers need to see hardware selling in order to commit resource to it.

Were as the SONY fans are saying VITA needs games before people start buying it. But when I said WiiU needs better support from developers in order to sell the hardware I get blasted with comments such as it is Nintendos job to sell the hardware. Then how come it isn't Sony's job to sell the VITA but the released games job to do it?

Not to mention the PS3 did not have the same scruity on it by developers when it launched.

AAAH FUCK IT I AM SO CONFUSED MYSELF WHEN THE RIGHT TIME TO BUY IS LOL.