By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiu RAM 43% slower than PS360 RAM

justinian said:
Wait for a proper detailed inspection.

According to reports from ifixit tear-down of the wii u an hour or so back the RAM isn't even made by Samsung, it is made by Micron (unless Samsung owns Micron ).

Samsung makes the NAND flash memory and Panasonic the HDMI.

I am not saying this is true either but it does cast some doubt on the original Samsung DDR3 RAM.

It's no uncommon to have multiple RAM vendors.   The 2 we've seen so far were Hynix and Samsung.  I don't doubt Micron is also a vendor.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Honestly, at this point, who cares?

Many many people, including me.

All this reading (of people arguing) is making me hungry. I hope I don't get crabby again.

I'm no tech buff but I know that its way too early to start pointing fingers at the Wii U and saying that's not going to be successful because its under powered or that its not going to fare well when other two come.

As an anecdote(ish) Remember this? http://www.wiichat.com/forum/nintendo-wii-hardware/18024-wii-graphics-myths-debunked.html

I only posted the link cause it reminds me of this.

Viper1 said:
justinian said:
Wait for a proper detailed inspection.

According to reports from ifixit tear-down of the wii u an hour or so back the RAM isn't even made by Samsung, it is made by Micron (unless Samsung owns Micron ).

Samsung makes the NAND flash memory and Panasonic the HDMI.

I am not saying this is true either but it does cast some doubt on the original Samsung DDR3 RAM.

It's no uncommon to have multiple RAM vendors.   The 2 we've seen so far were Hynix and Samsung.  I don't doubt Micron is also a vendor.

OK. Thanks.  Like CPUs and GPUs I thought all components came from the same vendor.

What's taking the discovery of the GPU model so long? Has it been rebranded to confuse the spies?

justinian said:
Viper1 said:

OK. Thanks.  Like CPUs and GPUs I thought all components came from the same vendor.

What's taking the discovery of the GPU model so long? Has it been rebranded to confuse the spies?

RAM are built to JEDEC specifications so even a different vendor can produce the exact same chip.

The RAM chips also have product model number son them so it's easy to tell what it is.

The CPU and GPU are customized so there is no model number branding on them.   At least not to the degree that you can just type it in and find a product page for it.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
justinian said:
Viper1 said:

RAM are built to JEDEC specifications so even a different vendor can produce the exact same chip.

The RAM chips also have product model number son them so it's easy to tell what it is.

The CPU and GPU are customized so there is no model number branding on them.   At least not to the degree that you can just type it in and find a product page for it.

I see. Again thanks for the info.

You have a pleasant way of making it all so simple to understand when it comes to technical dummies like myself.

Love being the spectator on this sort of discussion and misunderstandings are quite entertaining to read! XD

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:
Love being the spectator on this sort of discussion and misunderstandings are quite entertaining to read! XD

I agree with you xD xD -_-

Makes fuck all difference, the speed of the main RAM hardly contributes anything towards performance.

/End thread.

fillet said:
Makes fuck all difference, the speed of the main RAM hardly contributes anything towards performance.

/End thread.

huh what lol